PDA

View Full Version : friends are the only true enimie

fantasytiger
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:45 PM
sorry if i miss spelled that anyway

what truely is a friend and does a true friend really exsist??
taking from my experiences i have been stabed in the back by my own friends people i thought i could trust were the one's lieing to me and starting gossip so tell me what you think. will all your friends eventually become your enimies i have 2 really close friends now who's names i will not mention i found out who's side the others were on last year when a bunch of shizzle started about me so who do you turn to if the ones that say they will be there are the ones plunging the dagger in your back.

Lost_myth
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:38 PM
When it really, really gets me down, I just talk to God. It does comfort me. I might talk to other friends or just write; get closure.

Hardly any of my x-friends stabbed me.. we just went our seperate ways.. because we have different paths.

If you have a close family memeber, talk to them. Maybe a cousin?

Nelo Angelo
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:55 PM
I've only been backstabbed twice. Those backstabbing only happened on the internet tho, so I don't care now.

I had a best friend, but he moved to Iowa. -_-;;

It depends if your friends trust you as much as you trust them.

If I was backstabbed then I'd either go on, or get them back somehow.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:16 PM
I've yet to be back stabbed...but I still sometimes question where my friend's faith lies...so the issue of trust is quite difficult for me

Cloud Benvolio
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't say friends are the only true enemy. I believe there are different levels of friendship. I know some people I can trust and others I can't. I still like them as people, but I don't tell to much personal stuff or trust them with things. I have never been backstabbed, that I can think of.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:03 PM
I got backstabbed once, but it was more a gradual thing. My old best-friend and myself have distanced now...after he just showed me through his actions he didn't care about friendship, he just cared about looking cool in front of people. It's hard to explain how he did it, because it was like, a bunch of little things all came together.

tha16thletter
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:19 PM
like my boi 50 Cent said in the song "I'm a Hustler"... "Love your enemies and hate your friends/ enemies remain the same, friends always change"...
[]D

David
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I think that you just met the wrong people, so don't lose your self over it, OK. And I know this, because I was betrayed by my friends long time ago, and unfortunly it didn't work well with me and them anyway. People can be jerks sometimes. Some do it to be popular, or some of them think it's funny to toy with people's emotions. Anyway, so don't think that friends are enemies, because true friends will stick with you to the end, no matter what.

0===(===================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

MakgSnake
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:37 PM
I have been Backstabbed by not 1 but 3 of my BEST FRIENDS. And all of them because of a girl (THEY thought something might happen between the girl they like and me) Seriously Fu*ed up people.

But I have to say, out of hundreds of people I have met and friends I have. There are TWO guys I know who are like my brother, my best friend. Taimoor and Khizer.

One lives in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), and the other in Lahore (Pakistan). There was a time when all three of us use to be togather, back in 1995, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00 In Dubai.

Now all three of us in three different Countries. Damn........ oh well. They still remain my best buddies and whenever I travel, I make sure I meet up with them.

mark0™
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:52 AM
My Enemies were all my Friends at one point, actually I think I haveonly one enemy these days, and I'm gonna get that big idiot one day. But a lot of my friends were nasty to me when I first met them, but hey, first impressions never work for people I know, and I wouldnt care less what someones says behind my back. If someone is gonna take the effort to hold a grudge against you then let them, they're just not mature enough to be friends with you.

Zone
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:32 AM
I've never been backstabbed by any of my friends, nor have I backstabbed any of them.

I would have to say, though, that our only true enemy can be ourselves.

Berserker
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Time will tell wether you can trust a friend or not, when everything goes well and you're fun to be around you've got lots of friends but sometines when things don't go that well and things hit rock bottom that's when you're true friends will stick by your side and guide you through dark times. Don't hate your other friends for not sticking by but learn your lesson and know what you've got with them. I've been in a fight once to help a friend out a fight he started!!!! A few weeks later the same guy sees a other friend of ours get his head bashed with a glass in a bar and walks away. Both guys are still close friends of mine but when the shit hits the fan I know who I can trust and relie on to have my back. You can only learn this through time.

Like a wise man once said:
Keep your friends close...but your enemies closer

Vicious
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:15 AM
I have had a few really good friends, but eventually it gets to a point where something happens that almost ends the friendship completely. You are usually still good friends, it's alot more watered down.

This seems to happen alot.:mad:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:54 AM
I don't know what to say. But what I do know is three of the people I call friends used to pick on me and stuff. I have never been backstabbed but if I was I would start ignoring them and stuff. If you have a close relationship with your parents you could got talk to them or maybe an older sister.

Deathwatchz
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:36 AM
I'm one of the people that would have to agree with her. if you think about it, when a friend turns their back on you, they won't only hurt you because of a sense of betrayal, but they will also know everything that will hurt you truly if they are (or were) your best friends. They are the people that you had never expected to side against you, and you thought that you'd be friends for a long time, if not life. it's like breaking up with someone,yet worse in some areas, because unless you and your g/f or b/f broke up on BAD terms, then they will still hold some love for you, and try not to backstab you anymore. With a best friends, when they turn their backs on you, the majority of the time they will hold stuff against you, and will use what they know to bring you down. for the people that are just your enemies, they never get in touch with who you really are, and they won't know exactly what buttons to push. also, you will expect something mean to come from them, because you would never trust them in the first place. and as for you being your own worst enemy, it depends who you are. some people consider themselves to be their best friend, rather than an enemy. it is all about your mindset and your self-esteem. personally, i think that i am my own worst enemy, and my own best friend, yet i don't include myself in the equation, just others.

JC Denton
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:34 PM
i have many friends but i dont keep them very close, we laugh around and joke and i like hanging around with them all. Though i have never been stabbed in the back by any of them i could imagine it happening. Though there are a couple that i would be quite hurt if they did.

in my opinion freinds could be the only true enimies, maybe thats becasue i have no true enimes. At least even if there someone i hate and hates me in return at there is respect usually. There is nothing worse than a traitor.

Redpyramidhead
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Deathwatchz

I'm one of the people that would have to agree with her. if you think about it, when a friend turns their back on you, they won't only hurt you because of a sense of betrayal, but they will also know everything that will hurt you truly if they are (or were) your best friends. They are the people that you had never expected to side against you, and you thought that you'd be friends for a long time, if not life.

Seems this happens with ex-gf's a lot. Some reason girls like stabbing me in the back and rippin my heart straight out the hole. Doesn't matter how much love, caring, friendship you tried to give them for whatever length of time. Happens with regular friends, too. Whatever...I guess people are empty so they want you to be, too.

_RED_ stuff

Deathwatchz
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:50 AM
with me, i have experienced it more with friends than g/f's. one of the reasons this probably happens is because we usually break up on mutual agreements and just go our seperate ways. i still talk to one of my ex's and she is a good friend with my current g/f. to me it seems like my friends are the ones who stab me in the back, because we dont stop talking for some reason that we can both say that we can't talk anymore, but because we had a very large argument or a conflict that couldn't be resolved. i dunno, i guess i date more intelligent and caring girls, but have normal friends....

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:56 AM
I've been backstabbed(I found out yesterday)

Daniel Legge
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Zone

I've never been backstabbed by any of my friends, nor have I backstabbed any of them.

I would have to say, though, that our only true enemy can be ourselves.

That is very true. I know i am my worst ememy. The way i think about stuff and the way i act and the things i do prove this to me.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:07 PM
NO I haven't been backstabbed I just thought so.