PDA

View Full Version : mgs3 prediction

dan da man
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:49 PM
when do u think metal gear solid 3 game will be released?

my prediction is 2005 now, it took 3 years to do sons of liberty, so mgs3 might take around the same time and it was announced in 2002 mgs3 was in the works, but this time i dont think they will rush mgs3 they dont want another mgs2 where they didnt do the complete version so they had to do substance aswell.
if it released in 2005 i think it might aswell be released on the playstation 3 so the graphics are the best of the best, because if it was released in 2004 on the ps2 ppl could look back when they got the ps3 and say wasnt mgs3 graphics lame, now because playstation 3 graphics obviuosly are going to be state of the art and kill ps2!
if the game is going to be released in 2005 (my prediction) it will have some tough competition to make 2005 game of the year because in that year grand theft auto 6 will be out i know this because rockstars say grand theft auto is going upto gta7 (wow!)
wait! but if mgs3 is going to be shown at the E3 it they might release it in 2004! the year i want it to be released in. but if the mgs3 is released in 2004 hideo kojima and his team would of only spent 2 years creating the game, not enuf IMO.

As for mgs online wich is now coming out for sure when do u think that will be released, mgs3 just might have the online capabilities so it would be the same date,

so what do u think the date for mgs3 will be just your prediction up! mine is 2005 on the ps3 , 2004 would be nice indeed.
but if kojima is showing mgs3 at E3 wont it be ps2 not ps3 because that wont be made yet and it wont be the same graphics, im am confused.

my insane guess for mgs3 is 14/3/05 or 3/14/05<U.S. date.

MakgSnake
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

wait! but if mgs3 is going to be shown at the E3 it they might release it in 2004! the year i want it to be released in. but if the mgs3 is released in 2004 hideo kojima and his team would of only spent 2 years creating the game, not enuf IMO.
I would write a whole lot, but I have work right now. So I'll come back and write in detail, but just letting you know. Just because Kojima and his team said that they started working on MGS3 in 2002, doesn't mean they are telling the truth.

Kojima and his team started making MGS2 in OCT 1998. As soon as they released MGS1. So I am assuming, they started working on MGS3 on SEPT 2001 (That was the time the MGS2 game was suppose to be released, but because of Sept 11, was delayed to November).

So Sept 2001 to Sept 2002 to Sept 2003 to Sept 2004 Means..... Three Years in the Making, Which makes perfect sense. I really wouldn't mind MGS3 coming out on PS2 in 2004. I would LOVE THAT. But not In 2003 XMAS, now that will be rushing it! :)

dan da man
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:34 PM
hmmm i think you could be right that they might be not saying the truth and it would make alot of sense.
if what u are say makg is right, it could make me alot happier about mgs3 not being rushed.
for sure i dont want it for christmas 2003 it would be being rushed, 2004 on the ps2 is the right date for me, but im think 2005 is going to be the date.

mark0™
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Hopefully Kojima already has his own visions for the Story and that he knows exactly by now what he wants as an overall feel for the Story and Gameplay of the game. And then they should take theyre time to develop the game at a steady speed and make sure they dont miss out things like the whole Substance/Sons of Liberty crap, but thats if Konami is willing to fund the development over a period of 3, 4 or maybe 5 years. I'd seriously wouldn't mind waiting long periods like 5 years for a game which is already so anticipated, It would not only give us all a big sensation to await the game (If it lasts too long we may just forget about it) but If the game takes longer then supposedly It would be better.

But I say just chill out, when the game comes out, enjoy it. There will be plenty of games to occupy us until it comes out, we may see games which are better than it. But then again, MGS3 may turn out to be a big dissapointment :( Nah, no way could that happen :)

Daniel Legge
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:10 PM
I think that wheneva MGS3 comes out it will be a truly spectacular game. Why? you ask. well lets think about this for a min,at the very worst this is what we will get:-

GAMEPLAY:-
if they rush it, it wud be similar to Sons of liberty in terms of gameplay(which isnt exactly a bad thing is it) they wud proberly make the gameplay a least a litle bit better.

STORYLINE:-
The storyline will be good and they wud learn from the mistake of makin it complicated (i loved the story from SOL but alot of other ppl critise it for bein to complex) but that the story wud be superb for sure.

GRAPHICS:-
The graphics will be amazing weather its on PS2 or PS3. If its on PS2 then at minimum they will be marginally better than SOL.

ENVIROMENT:-
They will have to take the time to create a new and exciting settin for MGS3. We know the settin will be fantastic.

I cud go on but i dont have the time right now. All of the above is what i would expect if they were to rush the game IMO.
As for the release date, i wud say mid to late 2004.

dan da man
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:15 PM
this time i dont think kojima wont rush it, he is going to make a bigger, better, mgs than ever before, trust me kojima is GOD he wont let us down for sure.:)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:36 PM
I'm sure it can only get better.

Daniel Legge
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:17 PM
i dont think he wil rush it either. I cant wait for it now.;) i think its safe to assume it will be the best MGS game when it finally does come out.
:laugh:

MakgSnake
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:36 AM

trust me kojima is GOD he wont let us down for sure.:)
In my opinion He never did. SOL is the best Video Game ever made.
But I know that he'll change alot of Gamplay eliments. Especially after the release of Splinter Cell.

I just hope Solid Snake can make A JUMP in MGS3. He has never jumped in his life (during the gameplay atleast).

I wouldn't mind the same GRAPHICS being used for MGS3, but we all know Kojima would Surpise the whole wide world by giving us something we never even thought Ps2 could do. (Trust me, its coming out on Ps2).

Story is something Kojima is best at. But yes, he will not make it that complicated for (poor people) those who didn't understand the previous chapter. I just hope he doesn't OVER cut the Cinematics, cause thats what I love the most about Metal Gear, the Cinematic sequances (in REAL TIME Gameplay graphics).

A new place would be given for sure. But I really want more then 2 places in MGS3 (I know its really hard to do that), STILL........ MGS1 had one PLACE, MGS2 had 2. So MGS3 should have atleast 3, or 4, 5 would be better. I wanna go around the world being Solid Snake.

And costume changes, for different missions and all. I dont know..... nah....... Snake's gear is the best ever! (Or may be a new gear suit).

Please bring back "The best is yet to Come" in the game.
Just by reading "Metal Gear Solid 3"... makes me all go crazy, I think I'll be totally gone insanse on the day of its release. Seriously!!!

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I think I'll be totally gone insanse on the day of its release. Seriously!!!

ME TOO!!

but if mgs3 is anything like splinter cell i will kill my self.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:11 PM

Just by reading "Metal Gear Solid 3"... makes me all go crazy, I think I'll be totally gone insanse on the day of its release. Seriously!!!

It may but you'll be back to the way you were afterwards, right?:laugh:

I think a new gear suit for every mission would be awesome!

MakgSnake
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:59 PM

but if mgs3 is anything like splinter cell i will kill my self.
More then that, I will kill Kojima, thats the last thing I want. Splinter Cell is JUST LIKE HOW Syphon Filter was on PsOne (Even the names are similar).

I really hope MGS3 wont be like SC. It cant be.......... NO!!
As for getting back to normal, I'll be back to normal after a couple of weeks, like 3 or 4. :laugh:

But one "THE MOST" important thing I want is............. Metal Gear Solid 3 to be on "Atleast 2 DVD disks"...... "3 DVD disk" would be a MIGHTY DREAM COME TRUE, but 2 is something it should be at!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:10 PM
2 Disks would be a lot, right? That would be great.

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:15 PM
2 disc is would be perfect like metal gear solid.

i cant wait for mgs3 i think about it all the time, i just cant wait for kojima to reveal it at the E3!!!!!

mark0™
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:32 PM
After reading the MGS1 & 2 parody thread, I realised that the story and characters on Metal Gear Solid were really crap! But I don't really care as the Tactical Espionage Action was really were it was at, and the story was entertaining. I hope the game is a little more expansive, allowing multiply choices with various outcomes, including failure of missions and special bonuses. More levels as you said Makg would really be good, I'd like to see Snake/Raiden doing a little globetroting, hopefully with vast levels in Asia, Middle East, Manhatten (duh) and possibly Europe.

A little more freedom of choice would go appreciated, such as various plans and routes. Being able to control a small group of maybe 2 or 3 guys assisting you in the mission would be sweet too, even tough the game focuse on solo missions, they should make the game a little more realistic and please god, dont let Kojima remake Metal Gear Solid again!! I want a new story line, Not another Shadow Moses Simulation. Plus the game needs a lot more bosses than what MGS2 had :disturb:

But I hope they put countless hours of effort into this game and really acheive Konami Japans Potential, I hope to god that they dont slack off, because I felt MGS2 was way too repetitive :(

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 06:51 PM
i would luv mgs3 to have about 10 diffrent endings so the replay value would keep us playing till we got all 10.
different locations, somehow i dont think that will happen guys, but u never know.

*points socom at kojima threating him i dont want mgs3 to be like splinter cell AT ALL!!!*

seriously guys if mgs3 is like splinter cell im going to go insane!!!!!!

but no way would kojima do anything like that, its going to be a new metal gear experince!!!!!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:08 PM
You guys sure have a lot of predictions. I can't come up with any. I was never really good at this stuff like poetry and songs/rhymes.

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I'm just waiting for Substance on Ps2 myself....

kupoartist
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:42 AM

But one "THE MOST" important thing I want is............. Metal Gear Solid 3 to be on "Atleast 2 DVD disks"...... "3 DVD disk" would be a MIGHTY DREAM COME TRUE, but 2 is something it should be at!
I don't really understand how having a game on two disks makes it better... but regardless, given that the potentially 100 hour long RPGs are yet to break into a second disk, an Action game is unlikely to be the first - take MGS for instance. 2 CDs against FF8s 4. DVDs have a very large capactity: thats why the PS2 uses them. Unless MGS3 has amazingly advanced graphics (with which the PS2 would probably not cope), it'll be on One Disk. Excepting any special features.

As for things that I'd like to see in MGS3... I don't want the graphics to differ too greatly from the X-Box version. I definatly don't want the PS2 version to be "the inferior version" by any noticable gap, and so he doesn't anger the market, Kojima should be working on PS2 functionality right from the begining of develoment. Storywise, we should see Meryl. Perhaps.

mark0™
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:56 AM
But 2, maybe 3 DVD disks would surely be magnificent.

Final Fantasy VII was on 3 cd's, the graphics were crap compared to FFX, but the game was huge. Now FFX, it's graphics just dwarve those of FFVII, yet it is only on one DVD!!

If Konami make the game so big that it would have to span over at least 2 DVD's, you just know it's gonna be huge.

And I wouldn't say an action game wouldnt need a second disk, Konami may put even more FMV in this game too, maybe an extra level or two (that I would really like to see) and maybe they'll try to increase the replay factor with a few extra features, I was thinking that multiplayer would be good, but if it was deathmatch, it wouldn't work so good, because how can you sneak on someone who can watch your screen, but deathmatch would be much more suited to MG Online. But a Multiplayer Co-Op!!! Doesn't that sound great!!! Imagine player 1 controlling Snake and Player 2 controlling Raiden!! At the same time!

hehe I've got myself excited

dan da man
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:20 AM
if they are going to put the game online, they should make it like RE online, co-op but more stealth to kill the enemy.

kupoartist
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by mark0
Final Fantasy VII was on 3 cd's, the graphics were crap compared to FFX, but the game was huge. Now FFX, it's graphics just dwarve those of FFVII, yet it is only on one DVD!!
yes, but a CD has a maximum capicity of 700mb. 3x 700 is a lot less than the 4.28 gigs that my PC tells me is on that one FFX DVD. Plus, theres about 6.6gigs on the biggest DVD I have. Thats nearly 10 times the capacity of a CD. It would therefore take a massive game to fill an entire DVD and spill over into a second one. It'll be a while until we see one of those, unless MGS3 is going to be 90% movie and 10% game. No-one wants that.

mark0™
Jan 25th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I'm just trying to emphasise the size of a DVD disk, even if it is 90% movie, it would still rule (the game is already mostly movies anyways)

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Heck, I'm just a-waitin for Substance to come out on PS2...

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:45 PM
You said that before, and I am just wiating for Substance too.

Also, I wouldn't mind if it was 90% FMV and 10% gameplay as long as it's comparitive to the amount of...never mind.

dan da man
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:36 PM
i would'nt mind it to be 90% cut-scenes and 10% gameplay, but it would not happen, not even a game on the market is made like that.
kojima made mgs2 to be like a movie which is was. with all the cut-scenes which i hope he repeats it agian, i would like 60% gameplay and 40% cut-scenes or 50-50. actullay i dont even care alongs as it longer than mgs1 and mgs2 even though they were lond adventures.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:21 PM
The second isn't as long as some other games I've played. I was thinking about 50/50 and that makes more sense.

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Me? I'm content to wait for Substance on PS2.

MakgSnake
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:18 AM
I dont care how the game looks, what matters is how LONG is the game. To be honest I want MGS3 to be a very very long game, which I can play like I am watching a SOUP on TV.

Thats why I want it to be on atleast 2 DVD disk. That'll make it longer!!!

But for some reason I think if MGS3 comes on 2 DVD disk, it would be because of being VERY HIGH On graphics. LISTEN people, PS2 is capable of making the most amazing graphics too, its just that, TOO MUCH OF GRAPHICS takes alot of space on the DVD (which normally is 4 CDs).. So yeah!!

And like Kojima has said that he wants to take the same amount of LEAP for graphics he took for MGS1 to MGS2 on MGS3. So I think he'll take alot of space of the DVDs on Graphics. Cause thats the only way to make the graphics ultra amazing.

Oh well..... I dont mind that. Beautiful graphics never bugged me.

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Yea makg, a long MGS3 will be very, very good, onto the graphics, do you think we will have to buy the ps2 hardrive? to get the best out of the ps2 and mgs3?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 16th, 2003, 01:20 PM
I sure hope not, not that it would be really bad. Yea, hbe should make it real long, I'm talking about longer than FF7. It took me about a month to do it, I would like a game that would take me maybe three months to do.

kupoartist
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:55 PM

And like Kojima has said that he wants to take the same amount of LEAP for graphics he took for MGS1 to MGS2 on MGS3.
then he'll need a PS3 to develop for. Surely he notices that theres an ever so slight difference in graphical ability between the PS1 and PS2? If MGS3 is on the PS2, the graphics seriously can't get that much better: the PS2 isn't fully stretched yet, but it is not far off. The only graphics that will fill an entire DVD disc are FMVs. Lots of them, rendered as best as the PS2 allows. No matter how many high resolution supper fabby textures a developer puts in a game, the PS2 won't be able to show them because It can't do it fast enough. Wonderful graphics = Slideshow. Besides, if the best PC games, with all the graphical splendry come on 2 cds, why is MGS3, a PS2 game, going to come on 2 DVDs, unless it has 24 extensive missions that keep you playing for 3 months +.

Does anyone else find it a little unrealistic for an action game to be that long? I mean, when do you want to actually play MGS3? :laugh:

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I sure hope not, not that it would be really bad. Yea, hbe should make it real long, I'm talking about longer than FF7. It took me about a month to do it, I would like a game that would take me maybe three months to do.

Now way I want it as long as FF7, it would just get repetetive. As for the graphics they are going to be alot better than mgs2, mgs2 graphics are a couple of years old now, surely they got to get better. But if they put mgs3 on xbox it would be better (graphics).

ssjtrunks13
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:44 PM
I was saying as long as it doesn't get repetitive, I just wasn't sure if I should have put that in there when I wrote it.

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:16 AM

I was saying as long as it doesn't get repetitive, I just wasn't sure if I should have put that in there when I wrote it.

Nah...it's you opinion, so you put it up on the board, but trunks I would rather have it the length of FF7 insted of completing it in like 2 days what I did with mgs2.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:14 PM
What mode/s did you beat it on? As far as I'm concerned I still haven't completed the game.

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:25 PM

What mode/s did you beat it on? As far as I'm concerned I still haven't completed the game.

Which game?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:55 PM
MGS2, FFVII doesn't have difficulties to choose from.

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:58 PM
mgs2- normal first time.

I havent really played FF7 so I would'nt know, I just know a friend who's got it and watched him play it, it took him along time to do it.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 08:58 PM
No wonder you got through the game in 2 days, you played it on a fairly easy difficuty. It would have took me two days if I hadn't went for the dog tags or had more time on my hands to play it.

dan da man
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Yea, I only found a few bits hard first time I played it, just had to take the total shock in of mgs2, so good!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:14 AM
I actually started with VEry Easy because I hadn't played the first one. Now I wish I had started on Normal.

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:50 PM
It won't be out until 2005, or maybe even 2006. As for my expectations of the game, it could be exactly like MGS2 and I'd be happy, I just hope the game won't have such a warped and convulted plot this time around.