PDA

View Full Version : KaZaA and Questions

Iluvatar
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Anyone here who has KaZaA can answer this - what is that "Connected" Icon at the bottom of my Taskbar, and how do I get rid of it? It annoys me to no end!

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Um, you cant get rid of it.. they're just words to remind you that you're connected.. sometimes Kazaa signs off due to a crappy connection and such. its not even that big, heck I dont even notice it! lol! but seriously I hope you Have Kazaa Lite and not regular kazaa, because now you've got a whole shite-load of spy-ware of your comp ^_^ Search on google for Kazaa Lite and it'll give you a link to the website to download it! :D its way better.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:50 PM
www.kazaalite.com

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM
www.k-lite.tk

The installation package from this site is much better than kazaalite.com

- S

Daedaelus
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Don't even understand why you would want to use Kazza, which is full of adware and spyware. Use k-Lite.

Anyway, to remove the "Connected" you can use a Windows utility such as RegEdit or ResHacker. However, if you are not experienced, I would highly reccomend that you do not go around messing with your copy of Window's registry.

DISCLAIMER: If you decide to go ahead and play with ResHacker anyway and mess up your system, I take no responsibitly whatsoever! Remember that using a utility such as ResHacker is very serious and could damage your system beyond repair if you are in-experienced. END

DSgamer
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth
whole shite-load of spy-ware of your comp ^_^

word, i found that out the hard way

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Ok for if you don't want all the crap kazaa comes with just get imesh.Its much more straight forward and is much much faster overall.Heres the link (www.imesh.com).

ZeroBeat77
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by gamer

word, i found that out the hard way

same here but i still have kazaa and never use it, ever! lolz i mean really only once!