PDA

View Full Version : so which one......

dan da man
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:28 AM
mgs2 substance, i need your help guys for which one to pick, shall i pick substance for ps2 or xbox?

i heard that the xbox version has slow downs but woud not it have better graphics?

so plz can u list the good points and bad points for each one.
i have some questions too.

1. can u play plisking in the plant mode?know one has ever answered me this!!!!

2. if u play solid snake in the plant mode who would play pliskin?:peoples:

MakgSnake
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

1. can u play plisking in the plant mode?know one has ever answered me this!!!!

2. if u play solid snake in the plant mode who would play pliskin?:peoples:
1.) I dont believe that is possible, thats the bad thing about SUBSTANCE, its not exactly what I was wondering it would be. You cannot play Pliskin in the Plant Chapter. Nope....... that means you will not be able to play the "Other Side Of The Story"..

2.) You do play Solid Snake In The Plant Mode, but its a different side story with in the game, called "Snake's Tales". It has nothing to do with "Sons Of Liberty"..... and in that no Voice Overs.

I am like a HUGE freaking fan of MGS, and I have an Xbox, and the game is really cheap now for the Xbox, still I am waiting for the Ps2 version, cause I dont want any slowdowns at all in the game. And I am just wondering, Kojima would include some more extras in the Ps2 version. And "What" extras...... only time can tell. Its not that far away too, March 4th. Just a month and a half. In other words 6 weeks.

dan da man
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:27 PM
damn, but when i read reviews its says u can play snake in plant chapter and raiden in tanker chapter that was the sons of liberty part game

and snake tales were a diffrent part of the game in substance.

also ninja is avilable to play, and in screenshots ive seen ninja playing on the plant chapter

IMO this game is so messed up i just cant get my head round it. i think i will get it for ps2, as i first got mgs1 and mgs2 on ps2 so i wont break my tradition, i might sond weird but when i comes to mgs i am great fan and playstation.

and plus the ps and ps2 controller for mgs is so easy to use, imagine using the xbox controller on mgs it could be major hard a bit like splinter cell.

yea on eb games mgs2 substance is about 25 dollars which is major cheap but i dont have a U.S. xbox.<<<< if i did get it would it play on my uk xbox?:peoples:

kupoartist
Jan 12th, 2003, 02:37 PM
... how about the PC version, considering that it'll potentially have the better graphics and lower price? (I personally am getting the PS2 version though... They never do the control system right in these conversions, and I just plain need to get some games for my PS2 :laugh: )

dan da man
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:44 PM
nah i dont want the pc version i perfer the ps2 controller instead of mouse and controller!
i dont think the pc will have better graphics.

kupoartist
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:13 PM

nah i dont want the pc version i perfer the ps2 controller instead of mouse and controller!
i dont think the pc will have better graphics.
neither do i. the pc is capable of better graphics, but they probably won't put enough effort in to make it so

dan da man
Jan 12th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

neither do i. the pc is capable of better graphics, but they probably won't put enough effort in to make it so

yes but if they did do better graphics everyone might have to out and buy a new graphics card lol.

MakgSnake
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:08 PM

yes but if they did do better graphics everyone might have to out and buy a new graphics card lol.
Yeah, the Graphics on the PC would be better I believe but you have to upgrade your PC for that, and that'll cost few more games of the Ps2. Thats why I dont buy PC games at all. You have update your computer every 6 months to play the latest titles.

I will buy the Ps2 Version and the PC version anyways...(I wont play it, but just keep it, decorate it)........ Just like I bought MGS1 for the PC. And later.......I'll get Substance for Xbox...

Nelo Angelo
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I'm waiting on the PS2 version.

I'm more used to PS2's controller for it. *is too lazy to buy the Xbox version*

Daedaelus
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yeah, the Graphics on the PC would be better I believe but you have to upgrade your PC for that, and that'll cost few more games of the Ps2. Thats why I dont buy PC games at all. You have update your computer every 6 months to play the latest titles.

I will buy the Ps2 Version and the PC version anyways...(I wont play it, but just keep it, decorate it)........ Just like I bought MGS1 for the PC. And later.......I'll get Substance for Xbox...

Hey Makg, that brings up a question I've been wanting to ask for a really long time. If you beaten the PC version of MGS1, can you please tell me how you defeat Psycho Mantis? I remember you have to switch the controller in the PSX version, but how do you do it in the PC version? Also, what do the people who don't have a controller for their PC do?

MakgSnake
Jan 12th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

Hey Makg, that brings up a question I've been wanting to ask for a really long time. If you beaten the PC version of MGS1, can you please tell me how you defeat Psycho Mantis? I remember you have to switch the controller in the PSX version, but how do you do it in the PC version? Also, what do the people who don't have a controller for their PC do?
In the PC version, if you have a controller you can always switch between the USB ports or the PS2 ports of the computer, but if you are playing the game with the keyboard, you have to configure the controls of your keyboard with in the gameplay. Just change them to any other keys which is not being used, and as we know its a temp one. You dont have to remember them later. After killing mantis, switch the config of controls back to normal. :)

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:30 PM
You don't NEED to use the 2nd controller on the PSX, do you? I don't remember doing it, and was surprised when I heard thats what you're supposed to do.
The PS2 version will surely have a few more features than Xbox, right? I think I'll get the PS2 version... because I only have a PS2! Whoo... I slay me...

Harry
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

Yeah, they'd have to completely re-design, re-program the graphic engine. MGS2's engine is entirely developed to take advantage of the more than peculiar architecture of the Playstation 2.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 26th, 2003, 09:48 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but i guess the ps2 version is the only one that is going to have the skateboarding mini-game.

Matrix
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:56 AM
dan the man this will answer every thing

http://www.kcej.co.jp/products/mgs2_sub/english/

as for the ps2 version compared to the xbox, to put it simply the ps2 version has no slow down(quoted by konami or whoever they call themselves) and it has a few extras that are not in the x-box version

(u cannot play the ninja in story mode,or even have the costume, but on the upside u know that invisibility object from the first???, u can aquire it in story mode this time around)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Matrix

(u cannot play the ninja in story mode,or even have the costume, but on the upside u know that invisibility object from the first???, u can aquire it in story mode this time around)

I was hoping you'd be able to do that. Your talking about the stealth camo, right? If so I think that it was nice of them to do that, but my only concern is if you'd find it really late in the game.

dan da man
Jan 27th, 2003, 10:49 AM
you cant either play snake through the hole plant chapter which dissapoints me.

kupoartist
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Harry
Yeah, they'd have to completely re-design, re-program the graphic engine. MGS2's engine is entirely developed to take advantage of the more than peculiar architecture of the Playstation 2.
true... but surely, some of that has to be done to get it working full stop... and they could at least put better textures into the PC version... I think PC owners will just have to make do with the good old "High Resolutions" deal...

Esjay
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Just get the PS2 version, it runs better on the PS2 than it does on the XBox, and the controller is better suited to the game mechanics, as well.