PDA

View Full Version : Er... I can't think of a title...

happy_doughnut
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM
. . .

Whoa... hadn't made one of these in a while XD

Anyhow, the other night I was playing Suidoken 3 and was playing as Thomas... and man, the story he was telling was so terribly sad ! I started to get all sad [and by sad, I mean :weep: sad] and stuff. It just so happens that my brother's friend is there and says, " ugh, females..."

What is up with that ?
I mean... er... besides the obvious.

Why do you think females are inclined to be more sentimental than guys, or at least, tend to show it more ? Is it because it's " in their nature " or because females are emmotionally " weaker " than males ?

Sometimes... it's funny; how girls cry during those sappy soaps and shout out to the TV as if their yelling is gonna change the story XD

Me ? I'm just a tart when it comes to that stuff.
I even cried when watching the Little Mermaid. Omg... when she bid farewell to Sebastian anf Flounder... it was too much for me :(

Whaddaya think ?

DSgamer
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:41 AM
dude, i can get sentimental, but only when im supposed to (when something bad happens) but yeah, its ok to be sad and stuff sometimes (i got terribly sad when aeris died) but uh don't do it around friends and stuff

Redpyramidhead
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Zero...I think it has a lot to do with a guy's upbringing. We are generally taught by society and parents that letting our emotions out as much as females isn't satisfactory behaviour or whatever. Add that to the fact that we're also naturally inclined to be less emotional on the outisde and well you get a lot of guys who hate to be considered sensitive. Personally... I have always been a really sensitive guy and I'm not afraid to admit it and I think it's stupid to try to hide it, especially if it means I'm in good touch with my emotions and such. Even as I say that to you, though, I feel like I'm letting my guard down and myself open for speculation as to what I exactly I mean by sensitive...I'm already worried you're picturing me as weaker. That right there is why guys won't even admit to themselves much less others if they are sensitive at all inside. They don't want people to think they are weaker, etc. Anyways, I'm glad I'm a relatively sentimental guy and can open up to certain people like that...I think it would be a tragedy if I had turned out any other way.

_RED_ stuff

Beretta55
Jan 12th, 2003, 04:33 AM
yeah im pretty senitive. one song called sonny by new found glory it reminded me the death of my grandfather and i cried like none other. some guys go with a macho nothing effects me image deep down they want to cry their ass off but they dont. when i was younger i cried cause i was lost and i was with some friends...:laugh: what i mean is down at my neighborhood we have something called a greenbelt or something. we went exploreing and we got lost and i started crying:laugh:
but your bro's friend sounded like a jerk for his comment.

DSgamer
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:33 PM
dude, don't hide the way u feel, sometimes i feel good, sometimes iwant to fight every1 in my house, sometimes i wanna buy stuff, and sometimes i feel sad and sensitive (since my mom left me :(), but if ur happy by the way u feel at times, then don't change it

Killuminati
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:10 PM
hmmm, i dont kno why girls are more sensitive, and to the person who said ppl who dont let there emotions out that they want to cry down deep or somethin, thats not true. i;ve basically never cried up until a couple days ago, i've bin cold as long as i can remember, but a few days ago i cried cause i saw my best friend get shot dead about 10 feet in front of me....

Deathwatchz
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:46 PM
i think that the majority of it is that the world has conditioned guys into thinking that if you cry, your a "wuss", or a "wimp", but since i'm gonna be a psych, i think that it just causes problems for people in the long run. they repress their true emotions, and it can end up backfiring on them, and making them cold to the world. killuminati, its a good thing that you reacted the way you did, cuz ive had friends who didn't even shed a tear as another one of my friends died, they only knew how to show anger.. so they tried killin the guy who did it, without showing any other emotion. to me, i think that girls show their emotion more cuz its easier for them to do it without getting put down for it. another thing is that genetics do have something to do with it. female hormones cause them to be more emotional, while they cause men to be more physical. a guy who's in a situation he doesn't like will try to end the situation with as little display of emotion as possible. yet, this is mainly because of society. (and sorry to hear about your friend kill. i'd try to say something, but i don't really know you, and it would probably come across wrong)

DragonSphere
Jan 12th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Personally, I think it also has to do with the level of empathy a person has and how sensitive he/she reacts to different situations. For example, if a person had a high level of empathy, they could easily be depressed and/or angry upon witnessing tragic events whether on a TV show or video-game because of how closely they can relate to a character's feelings and the actions done unto them. Whilst with sensitivity, people have various ways of reacting to situations like those mentioned above, and can greatly add to the impact of a already depressed person from their empathy.

But then again, most females tend to fit into that same cliche'd mold of being much more open with their feelings than when compared to males. But this is only when assuming the conditions of "false" tragedies on TV and in video games. However, in more real-world conditions, much like the deaths described in this thread, people feel a much greater impact to their soul; thus being the "key", so to speak, of unlocking their true feelings.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:42 AM
I am a sensitive guy and not afraid to admit it. I cried when Goku went Super Saiyan 3 to fight Buu, I have no idea why though. I guess guys tend to feel more inclined to not show their emotions to avoid ridicule by their peers.

Cloud Benvolio
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I'm in touch with most of my feelings, except maybe anger. No, I'm not hot tempered, quite the opposite in fact. I tend to oppress my anger when people are aggravating me or something similiar. I've said to people before that it's hard to get me mad, I suppose that isn't the truth. It's not that I'm hard to get mad I just hold my anger in, after awhile it goes away. The only way I'd really get mad is if someone hurt someone I even faintly cared about, then I might do something rash and unwise.

I actually saw a show on last night about this. It said something to the effect that women or more likely to be emmotional due to there nurturing role.

Vicious
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

Zero...I think it has a lot to do with a guy's upbringing. We are generally taught by society and parents that letting our emotions out as much as females isn't satisfactory behaviour or whatever. Add that to the fact that we're also naturally inclined to be less emotional on the outisde and well you get a lot of guys who hate to be considered sensitive. Personally... I have always been a really sensitive guy and I'm not afraid to admit it and I think it's stupid to try to hide it, especially if it means I'm in good touch with my emotions and such. Even as I say that to you, though, I feel like I'm letting my guard down and myself open for speculation as to what I exactly I mean by sensitive...I'm already worried you're picturing me as weaker. That right there is why guys won't even admit to themselves much less others if they are sensitive at all inside. They don't want people to think they are weaker, etc. Anyways, I'm glad I'm a relatively sentimental guy and can open up to certain people like that...I think it would be a tragedy if I had turned out any other way.

_RED_ stuff I agree

Killuminati
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Deathwatchz, i kno the way i handled it was right, but as soon as i was done mournin for my bud, i was right out there shootin that motherf*cker in the face.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:53 PM
WOW, the stuff people have to go through. I'll remember that.

DSgamer
Jan 16th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Killuminati

Deathwatchz, i kno the way i handled it was right, but as soon as i was done mournin for my bud, i was right out there shootin that motherf*cker in the face.

man, Ur my IDOL

Cannibal Clown
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:26 PM
I can usually see anyone showing their sensitive side, no matter how much it might not fit their personality. It's mailny jus an ego thing with males, and it's hard for ne to show that they have a few membrains in their heads that are still capable in showing emotion. But it all depends on who they are around, if a guy is around other guys, who maybe aren't really good friends of theirs, then of coarse they wont become to eager to let them know that they have that thing called feelings. But if you have a one on one conversation with a guy, talking about something deep and emaningfull, then you can usually get some sort of sensitivity out of em.

I myself am a sensitive person, but I'm not one who shows it very openly, unless it's just a conversation with a good friend, or a girl. Those i can usually show much more emotion and feeling around.
And in all truthfullness, women are weeker than men when it comes to their feelings. I'm not being sexist at all, so don't get me wrong, it's just the fact that our testosterone, and whatnot make it so. I remember once, a long time ago, I went into depth talking about the differences between males and females conserning their differences with feelings, sensitivity, but i'm not really up to writing it all down again. So oh well.