PDA

View Full Version : Must have RPG's

Redpyramidhead
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:12 AM
List your top must have PS2 Rpg's here. I've recently been getting back into rpg's again lately...I stopped playing them as much for a while and I'm asking this for advice for one's to buy since I've been missing out on a lot of them since I've been (sort of) away from the wonderful world of the role playing game.
Btw, I keep hearing about this Xenogears, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is it for Ps2? Actually, I could probably do a search on that one pretty quickly...

_RED_ stuff

mark0™
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Must have's are probably anything starting with Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts is fantastic too, the battle system is a refreshing break from turn based fighting. Thats all I can give, I'm giving up on RPG's, I spent too much time on them and the battling got boring (but thats not the case in KH)

Beretta55
Jan 11th, 2003, 05:03 AM
for me there are two right now which are wild arm's 3 and kingdom heart's. but the the rpg im waiting for most is fable/project ego that game look's grand and i will be the first in line to get it......i hope:laugh:

kupoartist
Jan 11th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead
I keep hearing about this Xenogears, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Is it for Ps2? Actually, I could probably do a search on that one pretty quickly...
if your search was unfruitful, it is a PSone game... Xenosaga is a PS2 game, and isn't far off release in the US (doubtful for a Euro release perhaps...)

as for PS2 RPGs... the obvious ones are KH and FFX... though personally I'd recommend the former over the later (they're both pretty good though)

dan da man
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:12 AM
must haves, final fantasy and everquest.

IcyMourdor
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Legaia 2: This game is already out here in the US. Game graphics are decent and the storyline is as good, if not better than the original.

Xenosaga: This game will be out in the US sometime within the next month or so, pending delayes. I was a huge fan of Xenogears and I would like to see where they went with after the game.

Of course the arrival of FFXI and other MORPGs will be big here.

I guess it is really your call in what you want to play, but I predict a big year for the RPG genre.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Grandia(PS1)
Grandia II(PS2, originally Dreamcast)
Grandia Xtreme(PS2)
Kingdom Hearts

That's it for now(I asked for must have games and people gave me a lot of RPG ideas)

tha16thletter
Jan 11th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Damn do you want an entire list? well if that's the case, I'll keep it all PSOne/PS2, since I believe you said PS2 RPG's... you can play 1's on it ya kno ;)

-Suikoden Series.... ALL of them, I, II, and III
-Final Fantasy Tactics (PS)
-Vagrant Story (PS)
-Chrono Cross (PS)
-Valkyrie Profile (PS)
-FFX (PS2)
-Tales of Destiny (PS)
that's all I can think of right now, dont have my games in front of me :-p
[]D

Decifer
Jan 11th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Im barely hearing Suikoden III this is a the best RPG for ps2 i've played Wild Arms 3, FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Grandia Xtreme/2. and i have to say the best one is Suikoden III. Great Story, Great Battle System ( i never really liked turn based but this made it fun), Great Characters (Geddoe). This is a must have i would say Kingdom Hearts too that was really fun but i never beat it yet.

Plug 4
Jan 11th, 2003, 01:45 PM
suikoden III
FFX

upcoming games:

Star ocean 3
xenosaga

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 11th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

if your search was unfruitful, it is a PSone game... Xenosaga is a PS2 game, and isn't far off release in the US (doubtful for a Euro release perhaps...)
<snip> The Game web-site (www.game.uk.com) has Xenosaga down for a March release in the UK... Although they have no specific date, at least they are showing it on there - so that could be a good sign!

- S

Nelo Angelo
Jan 11th, 2003, 06:13 PM
*is probably the only one who played Valkyrie Profile* ^_^;;;;

*lists PSX RPGs as well*

PSX:
Valkyrie Profile
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy: C
Final Fantasy: A
Star Ocean 2