PDA

View Full Version : Grandia III Extreme

Redpyramidhead
Jan 11th, 2003, 03:00 AM
...or whatever it was called. Saw it in the store and thought it looked very good graphically and I've heard good things about the battle system. Anyone played it who can tell me about it and if it's worth it? (although I imagine I'm gonna have to finish Suikoden III before I consider buying another rpg otherwise I'd be nuts.)

_RED_ stuff

IcyMourdor
Jan 11th, 2003, 09:00 AM
I'll have to look into this. I don't remember hearing anything about a release date. Either that or I looked at the wrong game.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Yess! A chance to let someone to see the light! The game is called Grandia Xtreme and it has the voices of Lisa Loeb, MArk Hamill, and Dean CAin(not the greatest guy to be doing Evann's voice but the game is good anyway). It is about this boy named Evann, a ranger, who has been called on by the military to stop the elemental disorder. There is 2 towns, I think over 15 dungeons(been awhile since last I played). If there is anything else you'd like to know just ask, I would be glad to help.

Matrix
Jan 11th, 2003, 07:52 PM
this isn't your typical RPG, only get it if you like heavy long challenging battles. Doen't get me wrong, there is still a story but this game is more leaning to intense fighting not story!!!

(the dungeon I am on now has like 50 floors, it's crazy!!!!, but fun at the same time)

you can learn 2,3, and 4 person skilss, quite neat.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the combination moves(it's basically the same thing as Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross)

David
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Grandia Xtreme...oh! That game is awesome, I beaton the 1st and 2nd, but I rent Grandia Xtreme, so I kindly didn't finish it all, I was stuck anyway, if you could help me... I was stuck at the part with when you try to get in the base, I passed the gates easly, but then I don't know what next... So can you help me with this?

0===(=======================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:30 PM
There is a scientist walking outside of a building. If you would like more detail on waht to do you can ask or you can go to gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com) and find some guides on it. As you should know these may contain spoilers.

David
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Thank's man, you helped me a lot. I think ill rent the game again.

0===(====================>

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:43 PM
No problem it's just another problem solved I can add to my list.

One thing I think they could have done with the game is switch the weapon designs(except for Myam's). What I mean is for them to not have had the same weapon design no matter what. But you know it's not that big of a deal.

David
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By ssjtrunks

One thing I think they could have done with the game is switch the weapon designs(except for Myam's). What I mean is for them to not have had the same weapon design no matter what. But you know it's not that big of a deal

Yeah, they should of, but in the game, was there any love interest between the girls and Evann? Because usually in the 1st and 2nd game had love interest in it.

To think about it, the game was made to fast. What I mean is that, the adventure could of been better, the mana egg magic could of been better if learning it, instead of the dinki machine, it should of had the magic selection just like the Grandia one.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Yes, it is betweenLutina and Evann(but she tries to hide it all the time, or maybe it was him and the soldier girl(not Carmyne, the other one)

David
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:28 PM
How come when people send a spoiler, I can't see but a black line, does it happen to you?

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Just highlight the words. the reason you see the black box is so you can't see what is written there unless you choose to.

David
Jan 16th, 2003, 08:22 PM
So, that's how you do it, but I thought it would be Myam. They would do great together. ;) I think she's cute anyway, what do you think would be a match for Evann?

0===(=======================>

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I think Myam is cute too, that's why she is in my party. I also use Brandol and Lutina as well. I guess I'd have to go with Lutina on that one.

Redpyramidhead
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:49 AM
LOL...you guys gave away part of the spoiler anyway after all that.

_RED_ stuff

David
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By Redpyramidhead

LOL...you guys gave away part of the spoiler anyway after all that.

Lol, yeah I guess we did...he, he, he... :laugh: At least I now know what to do now.

0===(=====================>

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:18 PM
We did? I don't think anyone would have known if you hadn't said anything.