PDA

View Full Version : A Very Little Help

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
Ok I Got My Hands On FFX Demo. Its Great And Fun To See As Well As Play But.........Its Soo Hard For Me Atleast.

I Just Want To Know. Is There A Way Or A Trick To MISS A Hit By Ure Opponent? Or Does That Happen Automatically.

Also....Can We Do A "MISS" When Other Characters (Opponents) Are Doing An OverDrive On Us. Can We Dodge That. Or Thats A Sure HIT.

I Know These Are Little Things And Probably Stupid In Ure Opinion But I Am Totally New To The RPG World. So Please No Need To Make Fun Of Me! :mad: :p :D

I'll Be Asking Later On As Well These Little Questions And Asking For Help. So Be Ready!

jenova_jeb
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:02 AM
The only advice I can give you for the demo is to attack as much as possible, and use a potion whenever you get low on HP. It IS impossible to die from that boss, so you just have to worry about the random battles and stuff.
If you want the enemy to miss you with an attack, press over onthe D-pad and hit "defend". This will usually make the enemies attacks miss. However, this also means you'll have to wait for your next turn in order to attack. I wouldn't suggest using the defend command unless it's the only way you can possible stay alive.

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I Just Want To Know. Is There A Way Or A Trick To MISS A Hit By Ure Opponent? Or Does That Happen Automatically.

Also....Can We Do A "MISS" When Other Characters (Opponents) Are Doing An OverDrive On Us. Can We Dodge That. Or Thats A Sure HIT.

Missing a hit is actually quite random. it depends on your characters and the opponents "Evasion" number. the higher your characters evasion, the better chance of them being able to dodge an attack.
Dodging a hit can also happen if your opponents "Accuracy" number is low.
And most opponents dont have overdrives like your characters do. Its usuallly just the bosses.
but if you know for sure that the boss is about to use their overdrive. you should always try to prevent it.
for instance, if your fighting ifrit and its overdrive bar is full, its most likely that it will use its overdrive in the next turn. so something you can do is defend to decrease the damage taken.
and when it uses its meteor strke which happens every other turn. you should cast nullblaze to prevent getting damage from the attack since it is a fire attack. the same thing goes with other enemies that have elemental attacks.
hope this helps.
but if you get the entire game, it will show you what to do as time progresses in the game. like when you get a dark mage that can attack with black magic, it will show you how to use the magic, and tips/hints against opponents.

ixion
Feb 26th, 2002, 03:38 PM
i push triangle and they miss 65% of the time.

talon101
Feb 26th, 2002, 04:48 PM
where did u get the demo

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:05 PM
I first got the demo in "jampack"

Anyway, misses are based on your evasion, and there's no way to evade an overdrive I believe, just no when to heal and don't button smash, think about the move before you make it.