PDA

View Full Version : Homestation!

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:38 AM
Ok This May Be Totally New To All U People, But Microsoft Is Planning On Releasing A "THING"......Which Would Replace PC........Which Is Called "Homestation". Yes Its True. It'll Be Nothing Like Xbox.......It'll Attract Business Men More Then Teenagers. And It'll Be ALOT Expensive Then A PC Or An Xbox. I Myself Doesn't Know Much About It. All I Know Its Being Processed And Its Called "Homestation"......A Not So Very Original Name There Though! :rolleyes:

Lets See What Happens....And How Is It'll Rull All Over PCs.

Pu the Owl
Jan 24th, 2002, 05:22 AM
The name is just terrible...

Soul Angel
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:17 AM
I'm not certain how this Homestation is going to take over the PC or how it really can?
But like you said will just to wait and see what happens

Spirit
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:34 AM
hghly doubt that 100% of the people who use a pc will spend some loot on a "homestation" but then again let's wait to see what happens

jenova_jeb
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Fortune's right, the name is terrible. If it's better though, then I don't care :) .

nanjij
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:45 PM
if i want to find something just put it between www and com eg: www.homestation.com that always works, im gonna check it now

Reid
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:50 PM
I just read something about the "Homestation".

(What an original name!)

I think Bill should just be content with his monopoly of operating systems and e-mail programs and maybe concentrate on the XBox before he tries to take over yet anothe market.

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 02:59 PM
I Dont Think..... Billy Boy Will Get Away With This. I Hope Homestation Trashes Soon!.! I Mean.... Common!.! What Is He Trying To Do?

And Yes The Name ... My God The Name.......Sony Should Do Something About It..........Like Make Fun Of It Or Something! LOL

Reid
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:02 PM
The "SonyBox"!
Or the "XStation"!

nanjij
Jan 24th, 2002, 03:03 PM
i just went on the microsoft site and put homestation in as a search and nothing came up. just saying;)

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Reid
The "SonyBox"!
Or the "XStation"!

LOL....Thats Funny.!. But We Shouldn't Lower Our Standard! LOL!

As For Microsoft Site....I Guess We'll Have To Wait For E3 For This One!.! I Read In On An Xbox Site Though (About Homestation)

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:27 AM
So I Guess This Will Do Down In History......And I Mean Down.... DOOMED.....!.....hehehehe....Good!.! ;)

x157anz
Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:41 AM
Lol "homestation" that really is a crappy name .. like a kid made it up .. It might be good though :confused:

007_JamesBond
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:17 PM
I haven't heard of it, and the name does kind of suck

Mercury Shadow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:25 PM
Is the HomeStation going to be more of a internet kinda thing or video game system? I don't think it's that bad of an idea just by hearing a name, sometime in the future something or another is gonna take the place of a PC.

I guess Bill Gates had to lay off some of his writers (name creators) because the XBOX is doing so bad :D pshhh, homestation.

merylsilverburg
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:27 PM
I heard about the HomeStation and basically what it's about, it's a video gaming system, a TiVo system, and a "computer" system all compiled into one. Isn't that retarded? I heard about it in November and I was like......"Bill Gates, you SUCK!" ;) It's really dumb and I hope it never sees the light of day!

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:28 PM
Well Yes.....I Am Sure About The Fact That It'll Attract Business Men......And Not Teenagers And Thinking Of That Means That It Wont Do Much For The Gaming World!.!

And I Guess Ure Right.....XBOX May Be Not Doing So Well...So He Had To Come Up With Something To Attact The People Again!.! :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:31 PM
well meryl, I can't see why this idea is so bad... but the problem will be, it's gonna cost a fortune... If it was reasonably priced, wouldn't you all buy it? (if the video game system included played PS2 games :D )

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:32 PM
I Heard Its Gonna Cost More Then 900 US DOLLARS!.!

merylsilverburg
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:32 PM
I think what he said was that the HomeStation is for the whole family. You've got the TV, the computer, and the video games for the kids. That way you won't have to get your ass out of the house or something. How pathetic.

merylsilverburg
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
well meryl, I can't see why this idea is so bad... but the problem will be, it's gonna cost a fortune... If it was reasonably priced, wouldn't you all buy it? (if the video game system included played PS2 games :D )

Yeah, but obviously the video game system will be something developed BY him, like the X-Box. That's why I think it's dumb.

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I think what he said was that the HomeStation is for the whole family. You've got the TV, the computer, and the video games for the kids. That way you won't have to get your ass out of the house or something. How pathetic.
What Is He TRYING TO DO?..? That Is The Most Pathetic Thing Ive HEARD!.! Its Soo STUPID!.! I Hope It CRASHES DOWN When Hes Demonstrating It!.! And NOBODY Buys It AT ALL!.!

Stupid Thing......And JUST LOOK AT THE NAME....."Homestation" My Good.....Seems Like Someone Is Really Impressed By Playstation!!! :rolleyes:

Mercury Shadow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:36 PM
holy crap!! $900!?!?!

I suggest 900 Yen :D

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:43 PM
For All I Know..........THIS HomeStation Would HAVE This TINY Little Camera......Through Which MICROSOFT Will be Able To See Us And Then Make Products According To What We Like And Then TOTALLY Take Over Our LIVES!.!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mercury Shadow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:48 PM
POLL: Does Bill Gates Secretly have a Playstation2 at his mansion?

of course!

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
POLL: Does Bill Gates Secretly have a Playstation2 at his mansion?

of course!
Not Only That......I Am Sure He Has A PsOne And Plays It Still....Cause It Still Is Better Then XBOX!.!

And He Couldn't Have Come Up With XBOX If He Wouldn't Have Tried PsOne!.! And Ps2!.! :) :D

BowevelJoe
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:16 PM
just just boycott it, if no one will buy it, then they wont produce it anymore, its as easy as that, if we tell a friend and a friend tells a friend etc etc, it will be like germs reproducing, we could get america to bankrupt this terribly named product hahaha :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:23 PM
"hey, have you heard about that new HomeStation?"

"yeah, I saw it, it's going to be pink and only for girls"

there's a way to stop people from buying it!

merylsilverburg
Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:32 PM
Heh, heh....be careful though. Some people just might GO for that. If the HomeStation makes it to Japan.....man....I would be sooo depressed. I'm not trying to be mean to the Japanese but, some guys over there like bright colors, like pink or yellow, but that's because they're very....energetic and that's the way the culture was brought up. They're not gay or anything though! But, if Bill Gates actually makes it a bright color, the Japs might think it's cool. And since Japan is the biggest video game industry....

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 12:58 AM
Ahh im not getting anything like that homestation crap

MakgSnake
Feb 4th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Ahh im not getting anything like that homestation crap
But What If It Really Replaces PC...In Around 5 Years!.!
And Price Go Down As Well!.!.......I Dunno Whats Gonna Happen Then!.!

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 5th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Ever heard of Project Reality? What about the Nintendo Dolphin? Maybe even the PSX. And now Homestation. What have these got in common? I'll tell ya.

All of them were the development names for various consoles, but PSX is the only one that stuck.

Project Reality was the N64. Dolphin is the GameCube. PSX was the development name for the PlayStation. And Homestation is what the Xbox was known as.

Homestation does not exist. No doubt there is an Xbox2 in development. Maybe they are calling that Homestation, but this is misleading considering the original Xbox used that name.

- S

BowevelJoe
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Bah the japs HATE microsoft, ive seen various pictures of them laughing at the Xbox system, the Xbox barely sold 200 consoles in japan (hahaha a joke) but honestly they would rather purchase things made in their country, and Nintendo and Sony came from where? Did you say Japan? hahaha anyways i think microsoft will can it before they do anything with it...

Mercury Shadow
Feb 5th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Damn Spankathon, you know a whole lot about everything. You can always answer a question thuroughly in the ps2 FAQ and now this. I wouldn't be surprised if you wrote news columns for a site

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:03 PM
All I Know Is That Something TV/TIVO/XBOX Is Being Processed....

If MS Didn't Name XBOX Homestation Then I Guess They Are Thinking About Naming This Machine That!.!

Neways. It Sounds Stupid So Who Cares!