PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Willis as an elf?!

Gadzoox
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:01 PM
I was trying to draw a picture of David Bowie for his birthday but it turned into an elf that looks strangely like Bruce Willis (with a lot more hair!)!! Ahaha, Bruce Willis is awesome so I didn't mind at all! And who said elves have no facial hair?! It makes them sexy-erer!!!

I wanted to colour this with my new markers (that i spent $126 on!) but I was afraid I'd mess up because im not confident with them just yet! So I CGed it quickly... I think I like it just like this though...

What do you think? Should I colour the whole thing, leave it as is, or be gutsy and use my markers?!

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/forrestwolf/bruceelfcolor1copy.jpg

Comments, Critisizm, Questions? Speak up!

kupoartist
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:09 PM
he looks more like someone other than Brucie, but I'm stumped as to who... I can't think of any critiscism (perhaps i never can :laugh: ) as the end result looks fantastic... I definatly think you should colour him, but only use those markers if you want to... just bear in mind that you have to get familiar with them sometime!

Gadzoox
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:12 PM
You don't think it looks like Bruce?! When you can think of who, tell me! Lol!

Hm... good point about the markers. I guess I can always 'copy' the original sketch onto another piece of paper and colour that! Though the paper it's on now is mayfair (pretty thick, kind of like bristol) might as well give it a whirl though!

Thanks!

David
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:30 PM
He looks kinda cool.

0===(=====================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

Gadzoox
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:39 PM
My mommy said he looks more like Mel Gibson!! I think she's right! hee!

*gives herself some criticism!* I need to make the mouth more curvey or something, it's too straight.

He doesn't just look cool; he IS cool!! hehehee!

Thanks for commenting! :happy:

Soul Angel
Jan 9th, 2003, 01:29 PM
I agree he has a slight Mel Gibson look to him.
Its really well done and I like the detail in it as well.
I think you should colour him in but use whatever colouring method you like.

If you do colour him I hope you'll show us the finished result :)
Once again great picture, keep up the good work.

Hylas
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:22 PM
This doesn't look like Bruce Willis at all to me haha! :D

Rei
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:33 PM
You should try to color the whole thing. BTW, this doesn't look like Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson to me :shock:

mark0™
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:53 PM
I think his face is like Seth Green... seriously!

Beretta55
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:21 PM
awsome work gadzook i love your work;)
he look's like a little more rugged bruce willis to me.

Gadzoox
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Really?! Lol, so either all of you are crazy, or I am. I think the latter is the right one to assume!! ;)

Anyway, I guess he realy looks like his (sexy) old self then! :happy:

Thanks for the comments gang!!

I'm going to photocopy the sketch and colour it with my markers/pencil crayons, keep this one like this and then do a whole CG version! That was I can pick the one I like most! XD

Rei
Jan 10th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Whoever the guy is (you said it was Bowie in your original idea), I still hope you're going to post the colored version of it, when it's ready! The eyes look excellent!

Pu the Owl
Jan 11th, 2003, 08:26 AM
You definitely must color it! You buy all these new markers and then you're afraid to use them?! :D

Gadzoox
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Hee! I know!! Actually I used them last night and I'm pretty confident now; I'll probably colour it a bunch of ways and post them in this thread sometime soon! :happy: