PDA

View Full Version : Who's all interested in MMORPG's?

Decifer
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:24 AM
MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

whos all gonna be playing Everquest or Final Fantasy 11 they both come out in like 1/2 months. Do you guys care about the monthly fee (i dont mind). I think im gonna get just one of these titles cuz if i get both, ill have no life.:P

DSgamer
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:46 AM
im getting eq:oa for my ps2, i have the beta and i love it

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Probably XI...I could care less about the Everquest games.

kupoartist
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:40 PM
11 interests me... but I probably have the money to play :( ... oh well, at least I'll be able to just hide my Graphics Project to make sure that there's no gapeing hole in my FF collection :happy:

dan da man
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:59 PM
i might get ff 11 that does intrest me, the only thing what sucks about it, if u get to like level 25 for example! and u die u start all over agian at level 1 that realy does suck!

i mean it is online and if u play it and you have a high level proud of it and u walk into some clan! youve had it!

David
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:13 PM
I'm interested in getting MMORPG, especially when FF11, and im getting it when it comes out. But you have to pay a monthly for it, I think it's Can.$13.00 a month. But you need other stuff, such as an account with playonline.com, it's free by the way.

0===(==================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

Decifer
Jan 9th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

if u get to like level 25 for example! and u die u start all over agian at level 1 that realy does suck!

:shock:

is that true cuz that would really suck.

kupoartist
Jan 9th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

i might get ff 11 that does intrest me, the only thing what sucks about it, if u get to like level 25 for example! and u die u start all over agian at level 1 that realy does suck!

i mean it is online and if u play it and you have a high level proud of it and u walk into some clan! youve had it!
hehe, that would be a little harsh... just to enlighten you:

1. I have never heard of a single MMORPG that makes you start from scratch every time you die. Death is so regualr in the early stages that the game would be complete "carp"
2. FFXI works it all out by deducting EXP from you when you die, unless you wish to wait up to an hour for a friendly white mage to come and cast life on you (and thats probably mp expensive)
3. No clans can come and kill you in FFXI because all fighting is between humans and server-side monsters. They are even yet to incorperate any system where you can walk up to another player and challenge them, though I wouldn't be suprised if they put that in later.

Make what you will about them leaving out Player vs Player... its a double edged sword as for one side of the story, it makes roleplaying more fun... but on the other side, it becomes the tool of arseholes who prey on the low-level and inexperienced players.

David
Jan 9th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted By the_artist

Make what you will about them leaving out Player vs Player... its a double edged sword as for one side of the story, it makes roleplaying more fun... but on the other side, it becomes the tool of arseholes who prey on the low-level and inexperienced players.

Your right, but luckly SQUARE SOFT won't take chances with people who might make trouble in the game, so they decided to have some of their employees to stop high level players to attack rookies, and they decided to get people who got the game first and will have a choice to be a protector, to do that you have to go send an aplacation at playonline.com. They decided to call the protectors, the "Game Master", but over the icon, it will say GM.

Wanna learn more, here, check this site:

http://www.ffguild.com

And I don't think you lose EXP. points, you only go back to the last save point in the game, like in the original Final Fantasys.

0===(======================>

Nelo Angelo
Jan 9th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Don't you mean Evercrack? ;)

The only MMORPG I like is PSO(If you consider it to be one).......

FFXI = Too much to play the bloody thing!

And yes, you do lose exp. points for dying on FFXI.

Yes, I'm not going to play either of them because they have pay to play on both of them.

kupoartist
Jan 9th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by David
Your right, but luckly SQUARE SOFT won't take chances with people who might make trouble in the game, so they decided to have some of their employees to stop high level players to attack rookies,
indeed, they aren't taking chances because it is impossible to attack human players it simply isn't in the game's programming that attack is an option against a human character (and i've seen enough people shouted at in FFXI forums asking the common "is PK'ing in FFXI?" question... which is a little harsh)... the GMs are still of roughly the same importance though (as I understand it), with similar controls over users as the moderators of this forum... rowdy and disruptive players would presumably get punished, and they're also there to help the newer peoples along...

dan da man
Jan 9th, 2003, 06:09 PM
im sorry i didnt mean clan i meant gangs, u can have gangs!

David
Jan 9th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By the_artist

indeed, they aren't taking chances because it is impossible to attack human players it simply isn't in the game's programming that attack is an option against a human character (and i've seen enough people shouted at in FFXI forums asking the common "is PK'ing in FFXI?" question... which is a little harsh)... the GMs are still of roughly the same importance though (as I understand it), with similar controls over users as the moderators of this forum... rowdy and disruptive players would presumably get punished, and they're also there to help the newer peoples along...

Your right that the GMs are going to help rookie players, but I saw the live cam on FFXI, and I saw a player casting fire on a player. But I to, think that there is no player VS Player, right?

0===(=====================>

IcyMourdor
Jan 10th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Alright, who mentioned EverCrack?

I already play EQ for the PC. I really don't feel like starting over with my charcaters. I like my druid and my mage.

FFXI is different. I wil be getting this game. Unfortunately, it won't be til after I can find another employer. Seeing as my cash flow has ceased and the Unemployment Agency are being idiots, the money would just already add on to my ISP and EQ payments.

kupoartist
Jan 10th, 2003, 01:21 PM
you can have clans. you can have gangs. you can't kill people! I have heard that it is indeed possible to cast spells on people, as a kind of dummying, but it presumeably doesn't hurt them.

Decifer
Jan 13th, 2003, 06:07 PM
i liked mmorpg's cause they dont have the same thing over and over again theres always updates thats why i like them so much im probably getting Everquest maybe FFX1 but for both thats like 25 bucks a month :(

David
Jan 13th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Man, I still say it's worth it to play the game even paying a monthly fee. But sometings bothering me, I wanna choose my original name when I play it, but just say someone already used that name, are you able to use that name again if someone is using that name? Make sure when you answer, be positive about your answer please, if anyone played EQ online adventure on PC before, they should know this.

0===(========================>

kupoartist
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by David
I wanna choose my original name when I play it, but just say someone already used that name, are you able to use that name again if someone is using that name?
what is certain is that per server there is only allowed to be one instance of a name - this is to do with the communication (it would be screwed if more than one person had the same name). However, it hasn't been made clear whether its possible to have a "used" name on different servers, so I can't give a definate "No" - but the link shell (an item that allows you to choose your server) means that its almost certain that only one person can have the name on the entire playonline network - unless my sources are wrong / lying :laugh:

and Decifer, that is a genunine problem, and the only solution I can think of is perhaps that you should play one and then the other?

David
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted By Decifer

Everquest maybe FFX1 but for both thats like 25 bucks a month

I read the price is about U.S$10.00 a month, and another U.S.$0.80 for the Tetra Master and something else that I forgot, so that would be U.S$10.80 a month. If your from Canada, then it would be about Can.$15.12.

But the requirments are nutts, ill tell you what I got so far, a PS2 mouse, PS2 keyboard, a preorder of Final Fantasy 11 the game. I'm still missing the playonline.com installation disk, the Final Fantasy 11 card expansion, and they also probally said you need a PS2 BB Unit, but I wouldn't worry if you got a Computer BB Unit. I'll try to get more info. for you guys, about the game Final Fantasy 11.

If you want to preorder the game early, go to www.ebgames.com .

0===(=====================>