PDA

View Full Version : Lotr or HP??

Piggle_humsy
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:40 AM
So which one do you like best?

Can you choose?

I know this is a pretty crap poll but i wanted to make one!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Lord of the Rings.

dan da man
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:11 AM
lotr is way better, i just cant stand harry potter.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

lotr is way better, i just cant stand harry potter.

With all those british people talking all the time! I have nothing agianst British people I just don't like many movies where the majority of the actors are british. Only two movies I've seen and liked with a bunch of British people in it are Snatch and Monty Python's search for the Holy Grail.(I just had to get that off my chest)

Soul Angel
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:28 PM
I'm taken it that this poll is for the LOTR and Harry Potter movies and not for the books?

Anyway, I'm going to have to vote for the lotr movies. Both movies are really good, I hread the Harry Potter movies were good as well, but they've never seem to have interested me in going and seiing them.
So the LOTR gets my vote.

Rei
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:41 PM
I have no problem saying I like both. I'm not a Lotr freak, so I enjoy both works, equally.

Gadzoox
Jan 7th, 2003, 01:05 PM
LOtR is a classic, Harry Pooter ... I mean Potter just needs a few years undr his belt and he'll be up there all in good time!

Frozen
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:34 PM
I really don't see why people compares so much LOTR with Harry Potter... I guess because both involve magic, I guess? :peoples:

As for the books I can not tell, I haven't read any HP books and don't plan on doing so any time soon, but I have read LOTR (all the 3 parts) and it is amazing.

As for the movies, I have only seen the first HP movie. About a month later I watched The Fellowship of the Ring for the first time.

I liked LOTR 10000 times better than HP. Don't ask me why. :B

Zone
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Lord of the Rings.

I think that episode of South Park said it best. ;)

Vicious
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Zone

Lord of the Rings.

I think that episode of South Park said it best. ;)

That episode was the funniest show ive ever seen

LOTR is better than Harry Potter. He just seems like too much of a geek.
:disturb:

Pu the Owl
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Speaking of movies (that's what we're talking about, I think), I liked them equally. They're pretty different in spirit though. But they were both entertaining to watch.

Nelo Angelo
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Lord of the Rings. I'm not interested in Harry Potter.

kupoartist
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

With all those british people talking all the time! I have nothing agianst British people I just don't like many movies where the majority of the actors are british. Only two movies I've seen and liked with a bunch of British people in it are Snatch and Monty Python's search for the Holy Grail.(I just had to get that off my chest)
perhaps... I guess theres a lot of faces that people see in HP that aren't really stars outside of their own country, but they're all good actors. Which is more than can be said for a number of American casts in video games (you killed FFX and Monkey Island!!!) ... oh and don't get me started on Americans trying to be British (Liquid Snake, this is your life!)

uh, anyways... LOTR is clearly the better, but Harry Potter is just an inferior classic... its still a great book and set of films (though the acting in the first was very suspect... the kids did improve loads for HP2 though...)

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:45 PM
We killed FFX, how so if you don't mind me asking?

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:06 PM
I refuse to compare these just like I don't compare Star Trek and Starwars lol. They are completly different movies sharing so little SO LITTLE in common! And who said they didnt like British actors?British actors are the best in my opinion. mmmmm...accents....

Anyways I love Lord of the Rings so I chose it, but I dont really think these films should be compared

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:14 PM
...Lord of the Rings, no question.

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Valkrie Of Light

I refuse to compare these just like I don't compare Star Trek and Starwars lol. They are completly different movies sharing so little SO LITTLE in common! And who said they didnt like British actors?British actors are the best in my opinion. mmmmm...accents....

Anyways I love Lord of the Rings so I chose it, but I dont really think these films should be compared

Oh my god.. you took the words right out of my mouth... I've figured it out.. We're twins sepperated at birth I SWEAR!!! Its so true! I love you sis! *hugs* ...anyway.. LOTR gets my vote... and always will have it. I just.. couldnt get into HP! I read all of LOTR in highschool and loved it from The Hobbit down to Return of the king.

Pu the Owl
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:23 PM
British actors are the best in my opinion. mmmmm...accents....

Speaking of accents, you're so right here XD

Piggle_humsy
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Ok i'm not comparing the two films! The only reason i chose those two is because they are the two biggest film out at the moment!

Ahhh do you see why now??......

They are not similar at all i know!

But with all the hoo ha about them i thought i'd see which one was winning people over!

Ok! So you get me now! :D

I choose both as i think there both good! Ive read the HP books so that got me hooked! And i've met the cast and crew of lotr so that got me hooked! lol!

*Drools* mmm hobbits...yummmm......!!!!! :P

Piggle :roll:
x x x

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:25 AM
I see all the ladies here are wise enough to appreciate accents ;)! Brittish, Scottish, Italian. And my favorite accent...spanish... mmmm....

But anyways. I stand strong with Lord of the Rings. I find it creative genius... Liv Tyler... mmmm...

Ok I really need to stop doing that:right:

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Aye! Scottish accents rule all! Awk! .. *coughs* I find them extreemly sexy. ^_^;;;; *sighs* Elijah Wood is to die for.... and yes.. Liv Tyler is a hotty ^_^ *giggles*

"Welcome to all things Scottish.. if it isnt Scottish.. ITS CRAP!!"

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Hm, I like Scottish but I prefer Spanish. Lucky for me my girlfriend has a spanish accent!Swoooooon! Elijah woods?He's alright. I prefer the one who played Aragorn myself. His hair is so.... whew.

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:40 AM
I just love the short little hobbit! Frodo is sooo cute! I just wanna hug him and squeeze him! Then steal his ring and run off laughing insanely! XD ... I love Elijah since the movie "Forever Young" he was such a cute little boy! :D

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:41 AM
oh my god! That was him? That is one of my favorite movies! Im gonna find Mr.Woods and gonna get me some Hobbit love!:love:

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:48 AM
*gasps!* Nooo!! he's mine!!! *grabs a Frodo plushy and runs off with it* You can have the Fat Hobbit!!! lol!!

"But whats about the fat hobbit!? He's always watching us'es... ALWAYS watching!"

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:50 AM
Oh well I'll just have Liv Tyler!!

the * button means like...doing something right?

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:53 AM
yeah like an action.. I RPG alot, so its kinda a force of habbit... *strokes her Frodo plushy forcefully harsh over and over and over.. untill the head falls of* ...gasp! Frodo! NOOOOO! *sob* ;_;

Beretta55
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:04 AM
O_O.......im scared now:laugh:
but i have seen lord of the ring's the fellowship and harrpy potter 1. they are both great movie's i happen to like british actor's but lord of the ring's is more my movie. so it get's my vote;)

Piggle_humsy
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth

I just love the short little hobbit! Frodo is sooo cute! I just wanna hug him and squeeze him! :D

Ah see now i have actually done this to the real life elijah wood!!
Gave him a little peck on the cheek aswell!

I've liked elijah since Radio Flyer as i saw that before forever young!

Y'know Liv is beautiful and very polite and sweet in real life! She went out of her way to say bye to me at the London world premier after show party(For the fellowship!). Which i thought was really sweet!

I felt like a celeb that night! :)

Sorry that i go on and on but it was the only time i've ever felt superior to other humans! :D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

p.s I'm afraid that any mention of lotr's is a chance for me to boast! So get used to it! lol ;)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Why is everyone turning my comment into a discussion about accents? I just was saying that when enough british people are in one movie the fact they all sound alike makes my head hurt!

Redpyramidhead
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:20 PM

Oh well I'll just have Liv Tyler!!

the * button means like...doing something right?

Nooooo! you can't have Arwen!!! she's mine!!! :love: You already have a gf!

_RED_ stuff

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:40 PM
back off boy!The She elf is mine!!:evil:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:42 PM
No she's mine, I'm the one who dug myself in a hole.

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:49 PM
I'll take on any one of you guys for Liv Tyler! *draws her Miyamoto Daito..* The highly attractive elf chick is mine and mine alone!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:57 PM
What's that? If it is a sword like I think it is I'll draw the Masamune I stole from Seraph Sephiroth, sorry.

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:01 PM
As a true swordsmen I laugh at the Nodachi which is what kind of sword the Masamune is. It is a very slow, clumsy weapon. Only good against other Nodachi. Thus my Daito shall own you ;)

Gadzoox
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:13 PM
No no no... you guys are crazy, the only hot one in LoTR is...

GOLLUM!! Him and his sexy little loin cloth! Rawr!

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:14 PM
OH GOD YES!!Gollum! How could I forget him!He sure lights my fires!:laugh: :love:

kupoartist
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
We killed FFX, how so if you don't mind me asking?
too often have I heard the main character cast as an annoying whiney drip, just because he's not a complete American badass (eg. Auron). Tidus' voice really started to drill me into the ground to the point where FFX comes the bottom of the games that i'm actually willing to get any futher on. Yuna was also criminal. Why was the good voice cast in the secondary parts I wonder? ... Wakka was excellent and the others did their job without being noticeably great... but Tidus and Yuna :shudders: Voices can make or break a game if they're a prominant feature...

But don't worry... I'm not going to round up and shoot the entire Nation on the basis of two people's misconduct :laugh: ... the ammount of good voice acting that has come out of America outweighs the bad... I just needed to point out that not all is great.

Pu the Owl
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
I just was saying that when enough british people are in one movie the fact they all sound alike makes my head hurt!

They all sound alike?! Are you sure of what you are talking about? Have you ever heard a performance from a good British actor? If so, I'm sorry, but the actors you're talking about weren't good at all. What you said is clearly because you're not used to that accent. Good actors, whatever the accent, can't sound "alike" as you said in your post. It's a matter of facts that if roles in a movie are different, actors have to sound somewhat different according to the role. Otherwise you can't even say they're acting :laugh:

And anyway, british people (and this somewhat includes actors as well, even if in most cases they try to sound "neutral") have different accents also according to the part of the country they're from. Just to make an example, you can't say London's accent is the same thing of Manchester's one, really.

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:23 PM
I've never met two people who have sounded identical befor, regardless of accent lol. But I guess to someone who isn't used to hearing an accent they may have trouble distinguishing them. Kind of like that saying ((as horrible as it is and I do not agree nor support such things I am very against them and use this only as an example)) that used to be said "All chinese people look alike". To a person who is set, and comfortable in his surroundings, new appearances and sounds may be hard to distinguish

Pu the Owl
Jan 9th, 2003, 03:23 PM
To a person who is set, and comfortable in his surroundings, new appearances and sounds may be hard to distinguish

I know the first times it's not easy to distinguish the differences. It's perfectly normal. See, I'm not British either (English in general is not my first language), but after some time I've learnt to distinguish the differences. It's not that hard after all :D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:46 AM
I didn't exactly mean they sounded exactly alike, but it might be that fact that I'm not used to the accent.

Hylas
Jan 10th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Let me be unpopular: HARRY POTTER XD

mark0™
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth

Aye! Scottish accents rule all! Awk! .. *coughs* I find them extreemly sexy. ^_^;;;; *sighs*

**Realises He's Scottish And Does A Little Dance**

Americans in particular are very narky about us Brits, but its Jealousy I tell you, we have it so much better than them in many ways!!!

Take "Candy" for example, I swear american sweets are poor compared to UK sweets, US chocolate is mostly just Cocoa, it tastes dry and stale, out chocolate has a lot of milk and tastes absolutely great! Plus you always hear on US tv Shows the yanks are bitchin about British food, c'mon, our food rocks! At least we cook our food, we dont eat our steaks soaking in blood!!

Sorry I've been wanting to say that for a while, I goto America on a regular basis (just got back from Vegas) so I havent based this on a single trip.

Also I hate the work British :mad: I really dont like being called British by americans :peoples:.

BTW I voted the single vote for neither of the Films, because Potter sucks, and LOTR just doesnt entertain me.

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Myself, I think that the brittish are much better actors then any other country. That is why "Aliens" did so well. So many brittish actors.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 14th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I never meant for my comment to make the topic turn out like this let's get back to LOTR or Hp.

I saw The Two Towers Sunady and I think it was much better than the first I hope the last one will be better if not as good as The Two Towers was.

JC Denton
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:32 PM

Myself, I think that the brittish are much better actors then any other country. That is why "Aliens" did so well. So many brittish actors.
well said!:laugh:
--------------------------

i liked the potter books but thought the 1st film was poor, the 2nd film was brilliant though,

(kenneth brannagh did such a good job)

same with lotr the ist film was dire but the two towers was brilliant.

and also- well said fortune, even i cant understand northen english let alone cornish.:laugh:
seriously there are sooo many different accents in england, partly because it is such an old country.