PDA

View Full Version : Which One To Look Forward To?

MakgSnake
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Out of all these games that being turned into movies, which one would you look forward to? I know most of the movies based on games are bad (Just like most of the games based on a movie are), still there would be one you might wanna see it in theatre.

I actually loved "Resident Evil" it was amazing. And I am very much looking forward to "Resident Evil: Nemesis" and well "Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare", as I have been a big fan of the series.

What about you people?

Here is the Source. (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/370/370998p1.html)

Redpyramidhead
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:26 AM
It is my understanding from what the instruction manual that comes with MAx Payne says that a movie is already in the works. If this is still true I can't wait to see it, myself. I was trying to think of who the perfect actor to play Max would be...any suggestions? If Al Pacino was younger he would be perfect!

_RED_ stuff

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:06 AM
out of all of those... I would have picked none.. but then I saw Tekken... and as one of my favorite fighting games.. I thought it'd be pretty cl to se that game made into a movie. ^_^ I know the Street Fighter Movie did pretty well.. why not Tekken? :D

Beretta55
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth

out of all of those... I would have picked none.. but then I saw Tekken... and as one of my favorite fighting games.. I thought it'd be pretty cl to se that game made into a movie. ^_^ I know the Street Fighter Movie did pretty well.. why not Tekken? :D
it was animated right? well they are making a tekken with real life actor's and such. plus there is going to be a movie made out of onimusha as well. the movie has the chance to be a great movie i hope it isnt screwed up. but out of that list i have to say resident evil Nemesis. and if there are some who dont belive me here's the proof.

Tekken and Onimusha get the silver treatment

In what is becoming a regular occurrence, a film company has announced the acquisition of the rights to make some more movies based around videogames.

This time, Gaga Communications has signed up Namco's Tekken and Capcom's Onimusha for full-scale theatrical releases, due to hit the screens at some point late next year. Alarmingly, the production team behind the lacklustre Resident Evil film has been commissioned for both.

Onimusha and Tekken join the ranks of Street Fighter, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead and all the rest. Let's hope that the films, (especially Onimusha which has the potential to be an incredible cinematic experience,) are worthy of the licenses.

We'll keep you posted on all this.

http://www.spong.com

Chara
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Max Payne should make an excellent movie because the game is pratically a movie itself. You can just sit back and read the comic book cutscenes and have a good idea on whats going on.

Soul Angel
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:41 AM
For me I'll probably like to see Resident Evil: Nemesis, I kind of liked the last movie, so it would be nice if they did as good of a job as they did last time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Tekken and Onimusha movie as well, when they come out. :D

dan da man
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:19 AM
tomb raider i will look forward to, the first TR film was a disgrace nothing like the game that film was poor! but i hope TR new film will be gr8!

i wish there was a mgs film, but hideo kojima said no there wont be one, because mgs2 is to movie like! <--------- it was! and a legend!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:39 AM
I also think the first Tomb Raider movie wasn't as good as it coul have been. Since Angelina Jolie is going to be in this second one maybe someone has learned form the mistakes in the first movie.

Rei
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:42 PM
None: movies taken from games are always crappy. I hope to not see any of them in the future :laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Are you sure about that? I heard RE evil was reaqlly good and I thought Spirits within was pretty good.

Gadzoox
Jan 7th, 2003, 01:08 PM
DEVIL MAY CRY

Frozen
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

DEVIL MAY CRY

seconded.

Rei
Jan 7th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Are you sure about that? I heard RE evil was reaqlly good and I thought Spirits within was pretty good.

The Spirits within was not connected in any way to FF games, apart from some general ideas. And I didn't like at all RE movie.

Frozen
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:17 PM
And about RE and FF SW that depends on what you like.

The FF movie is a great movieon it's own right, and a piece of art in the way it was made. But yeah, as for it "being" a FF movie, it was a huge disappointment, I didn't feel I was watching anything related to FF. But it is a movie you shall watch, but not expecting much of FF on it.

As for RE, I LOVED that movie. I've heard different criticisms all over about it, either people think it sucked, or either ppl think it ROCKED as I do. Nice action, excellent effects, and IMO, a very well achieved RE ambience. And it DOES have A LOT of RE elements which go along with the games, unlike Spirits Within, which terribly failed on that.

I am really looking forward for RE2: Nemesis, although I think the idea of a DMC movie would be much more fascinating.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:21 PM
None....none at all :D

Daedaelus
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:09 PM
"None of the above"

Harry
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

It is my understanding from what the instruction manual that comes with MAx Payne says that a movie is already in the works. If this is still true I can't wait to see it, myself. I was trying to think of who the perfect actor to play Max would be...any suggestions? If Al Pacino was younger he would be perfect!

_RED_ stuff

But thankfully Al Pacino would have never accepted to act in a movie based on a video game. ;)

My answer to the poll is "none" - I'd never go to see one of those movies, unless there isn't a better funny movie around.

DSgamer
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:29 PM
movies based on games suck so much, i never liked any videogame movie, and the street fighter real life movie sucked beyond all sucky films i haven't seen RE and im not looking forward to, as i know, it will prob. too be a mistake, I chose Max Payne, because its the only game that is closest to a movie also house of the dead movie comming out looks like its gonna be real bad, i saw the teaser and it looks like one of the worst movies ever. pm me and ill send u the link to the House Of The Dead teaser, 'cause I can't find it right now

peace

Nelo Angelo
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM

DEVIL MAY CRY

I third that. :O

Gadzoox
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:01 PM
I win!! :happy:

Pu the Owl
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:15 PM
One thing is a videogame, one thing is a movie. Games don't have to be turned into movies and viceversa. What makes an excellent game will probably make an average, if not terrible, movie. What makes an amazing movie won't probably make a game worth playing.

MakgSnake
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Fortune

One thing is a videogame, one thing is a movie. Games don't have to be turned into movies and viceversa. What makes an excellent game will probably make an average, if not terrible, movie. What makes an amazing movie won't probably make a game worth playing.
I know you hare talking in General and the way things have happened in the movie and gaming industry. But I do disagree with that, as I loved Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil the movie, and who doesn't like the games "Golden Eye, The Thing and LOTR: The Two Towers"..... I mean there are exceptions, which means anything is possible.

Pu the Owl
Jan 8th, 2003, 02:37 PM
No, to me not anything is possible. Or better, anything in theory is possible, but this doesn't mean it'll work fine or that the final product is necessarily valuable. But again, it's my point of view on what cinema really is that is too different from yours to make you understand. I won't even try to explain it better. The most upsetting thing is that the previous post comes from a person who says to be an expert of cinema and who says also to like it so much that he wants to be a director.

No offence, but can I laugh? :peoples:

BTW, I don't want to ruin your thread anymore with my posts.

Vicious
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

_RED_ stuff

I think that Mel Gibson would make a really good Max Payne, he looks just like him.:shock:

I also think that a movie based on Devil May Cry would b really good if someone gets a director that knows what he's doing and makes it a really good movie and doent try to sell the movie just cause it's based on a really awesome game.

Gadzoox
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

I think that Mel Gibson would make a really good Max Payne, he looks just like him.:shock:

I also think that a movie based on Devil May Cry would b really good if someone got a director that knows what he's doing and make it a really good movie and not try to sell the movie just cause it's based on a really awesome game.

Mel Gibson is SEXY. Sorry I had to get that out of my system!

Like Sam Raimi? Hed make DMC awesome!

dan da man
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM
i think keanu reaves would be good in DMC!

DSgamer
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:58 PM

Mel Gibson is SEXY. Sorry I had to get that out of my system!

Like Sam Raimi? Hed make DMC awesome!

true that

Gadzoox
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

i think keanu reaves would be good in DMC!

NOOO!!! Keanu Reves (or however the heck you spell it) Is no good!! I don't like his acting... (except for the matrix and the Bill and Ted movies).

It needs to be someone with a stronger jawline... more muscles... someone suave...someone like... David Bowie! Lol, no I'm kidding. Anyone but Keanu!!