PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Network = teh sux0rz.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Sorry for that little "sux0rz" thing, but I felt like saying it :D

Well, I really hate them. It all came to a head when they showed Char's Counterattack...not that it is a bad movie, in fact, it was excellent (I only watched half of it, but it was amazing.)

It's the fact that they didn't even bother to show all of the Mobile Suit Gundam series before they aired the movie. This movie was the the absolute end of Mobile Suit Gundam (the original series...I'm not sure if it was the absolute end to all the Universal Century Gundams...someone fill me in on that one)...yet they didn't show nearly all the episodes of MSG.

Cartoon Network does shit like this all the time. Take Dragonball for example. In the last new episode they aired:

Krillen died. I was like "holy crap, what will happen next?!?!?!?!"

So I watch the next day, and bwham! they hit me with a swift kick to the balls when they went back like 60 freaking episodes or some crazy number like that. Argh.

I might just stop watching CN altogether, now that I have a job I can rent and buy more anime...and I can download some now, too (I recently got broadband).

Who agrees with me that CN is screwed up?

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Yeah you're right.. CN totally screwed anime.. but you gotta admit, they did introduce america to so pretty interesting anime I may not have head of without them. Such as Inuyasha, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Candidate for the Goddess, and Cow Boy Beebop. Sure I probably would have found them while searching the net for new anime, lik eI always do... but I probably wouldnt have noticed it as fast without CN.

But hey, I hardly ever get a chance to watch CN anyway. It shuts off and turns to the sports channel at 4pm every weekday and 12 noon every weekend... because the people here in my town voted that they wanted sports more instead of CN all day.... god I hate my town and the stupid cable company... I cant wait to get satellite...

Anyway, yeah, its screwed what they did with DBZ... I was like..

What!? Kid Buu blew up the earth?!?!?!

The the next day I wait to see what happens... and they skip back to the BEGINING of the Machen Buu chapter when

Goku goes Super Sayajin 3! ... I think it was 3.. yeah it was three..

They did that with the newly dubbed eps of Sailor Moon S! at the end of the series they SKIP over the most important episode in the series, then start over from the beginning, and then AFTER the re-run of the series, they show the important episode at the near-end of the series! ... agh! I hate that! .... American dub anime is so bad!! *cries* .... yet we are drawn to watch it, because it is all we have unless we have the money and time to go out and buy the Japanese subtitled, films... like me! :D

So yeah.. CN sucks... but does have good qualities when introducing the world to new types of anime...

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Yea, of course it's good for starters, but when they start screwing over truely (sp?) good anime's, I get pissed. They spoiled the entire MSG series for anyone who watched all of MSG: CC and didn't know that it was the end of the series.

They could at least give respect to a series that amazing and groundbreaking by showing the entire thing at least once.

Cannibal Clown
Jan 6th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Well, for me, i like cartooin network, but i do see what you mean with your arguements. But they did show all of Mobile suit gundam, they just screwed up some of the episodes, and went like a week before they aired the ending. i just found that out recently from my sisters who are die hard toonami fans. I didn't see chars counter attack, though i wanted to. But they did have the kindness to put on all four mobile suit gundams on air, along with G gundam and gundam wing. And witht the dragon ball stuff, they have to go back like that, all of the new episodes that they have on their way are scedruled to air at specific times, and they go back like that in order for them to keep the episodes running, and then be able to air the newest eps when it is time and fitts with the current running show. But sadly enough, the last 15 episodes wont be shown till spring, and DB GT wont air till this next fall. And with the sailor moon stuff, the reason they didn't air the last saga was because there was way too many contraversial issues involving men who transformed into women, and all of the gay and lesbian relations. They could put it on the adult swim, but they are going for male audiences more than female, and sailor moon isn't very manly. Same reason why they edited Escaflowne so badly on Fox, because they thought it was too femenin for good ratings. It's pretty stupid, but that's how they get the ratings i guess.

But Cartoon Network as potetial still. They will have .HACK//sign and Trigun and another show airng on the adult swim soon, and they plan to get more adult shows, and are hopefully awaiting for a chance to fill in another hour slot in the week for more anime. With new, better titles on their way, and more scedrules for airing times popping up, it will be better. Considering they were the first to air "real" anime in the us on cable tv 5 years ago, i give em respect. And they were trying to get series like bebop and evangelion on the air for a long ass time, but couldn't because of national laws that CN must obide by, so considering that they got Bebop on the air was pretty amazing.

so give em a break. It'll be brighter on the other side, just keep waiting, you'll see.

MADRUCKIS
Jan 7th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Anyway, yeah, its screwed what they did with DBZ

thats why I collect em as they come out on dvd.......lol

It pissed me off to be left hangin like that.......I swear, I woulda flipped if they did that with G Gundam, which I watch almost religousley now........

but oh well....

merylsilverburg
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

And with the sailor moon stuff, the reason they didn't air the last saga was because there was way too many contraversial issues involving men who transformed into women, and all of the gay and lesbian relations.

Yes, that's true. Way back in '95 when I first saw the dub version of Sailormoon on VHS, I became addicted to it. Around 97' they started airing the rest of the episodes on TV (I forgot what channel, can anyone help me out? I'm not sure if it's CN...) but since anime wasn't very popular back then, they stopped. Plus, I went online around '98 and found out that they quit early because they didn't want to just air all of the sagas except the part when Haruka(?) and Michiru came in. I was pretty upset about that and that's probably when my craze for it died. :P

Same reason why they edited Escaflowne so badly on Fox, because they thought it was too femenin for good ratings. It's pretty stupid, but that's how they get the ratings i guess.

Well, if that's what you say the real reason is, then it's probably because most percent of the American audiences enjoy watching action than shoujo. That's why good animes which are a bit on the shoujo side will never be popular in the US. I think that Sailormoon is probably the "girliest" anime they've ever shown on TV. :disturb:

But Cartoon Network as potetial still. They will have .HACK//sign and Trigun and another show airng on the adult swim soon, and they plan to get more adult shows, and are hopefully awaiting for a chance to fill in another hour slot in the week for more anime. With new, better titles on their way, and more scedrules for airing times popping up, it will be better.

I've heard about it too and I'm happy they're planning on airing .HACK//sign. I've been wanting to see this series ever since I saw the preview of it in a magazine around 2000/2001. :)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 7th, 2003, 12:29 PM
So I watch the next day, and bwham! they hit me with a swift kick to the balls when they went back like 60 freaking episodes or some crazy number like that. Argh.

I know what everyone is talking about. Why go through dragonball by showing the end of a tournament and then starting back up when people have probably already seen it when it came on television in AMerica over 4 years ago?

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:06 PM
all four mobile suit gundams on air,

My best guess would be that there are...10 times that many Gundams. And when I say Mobile Suit Gundam, I mean the original.

UNLESS you are talking about Mobile Suit, 08th MS Team, Mobile Suit: 0080, and Mobile Suit: 0083...in that case, sorry. I don't know if you were talking about Gundam in general or just the first four (chronologically).

But they did show all of Mobile suit gundam, they just screwed up some of the episodes, and went like a week before they aired the ending.

Trust me, they didn't. I remember seeing the ad for them bringing back MSG, and I watched it every day. The got about as far as they are now on Adult Swim. I was so pissed the week they didn't show it...and there's no way they could have shown the whole thing, I'm sure they didn't show all 43 episodes.

And about going back, I understand why they do it, but they should show it all, then change their series!!! Instead of showing DBZ for like 6 years, they should show it all the way through, and find some new anime!

I guess some people like it, and I'll probably still watch it (eh, they're nothing better on TV), but only for Adult Swim. There is nothing on Toonami that interests me anymore.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

There is nothing on Toonami that interests me anymore.

And yet I still watch it, but just for DBZ. It's only because I haven't found a good place to download the episodes from and I got no job with which to get money to buy the videos.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Use a P2P program.

I got tired of DBZ fast...I certainly want to see the end, but that's the only reason I'd keep watching.

Dragonball interests me greatly, but not these stupid reruns.

Nelo Angelo
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:47 PM
I do wish that they showed the rest of Mobile Suit Gundam but for some reason I doubt that.

I don't watch Toonami anymore. Nothing on there interest me anymore. They should bring back Voltron and Robotech and complete Voltron. :D

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 7th, 2003, 11:50 PM
I know they didnt Dub the Sailor Stars series, because of the contriversial issues... I was just speaking of the last episodes of the S series.. you know, the one that comes after the R series? There's Sailor Moon, R, S, SuperS, and Stars. ... anyway, CN has problems with making us wait too long to show the ending of an anime series... I know they want to keep it on the air longer.. but I want to see the ends of some things! its annoying when I know they have the endings of series, dubbed, and refuse to show them untill they run the series from the begining again...

Personally I'm GLAD they havent even attempted to dub the stars series... they'd probably take the Three Lights out all together and we'd we left with 5 minutes episodes... how aweful... that's one thing I hate about america... they dont allow anything... I cant wait till I turn 21.. then I'm going to japan for missionary work... yeah I'm religious and stuff.. so anyway...

Reallly the only thing that is ever good about CN is that they introduce people of america to new anime they may not have heard about. Though I often wonder if toonami REALLY cares for the fans... when they do so much crap with DB and DBZ... I dont really care about any of the others.. bec ause they havent really hurt any other anime in my eyes.. except maybe sailor moon... though I dont really watch the english version of the show anymore.. it just isnt worth it.. Japanese original all the way!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:10 PM
If anything they should bring back Ronin Warriors and finish the first Tenchi series.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:13 PM
What they should do is show their series in order. Dragonball should have come before Dragonball Z, and they should have finished Mobile Suit Gundam, then went to 08th MS Team, then 0080, then 0083...but no, they had to spread them around.

Dragonball should be over by now. They've restarted it like 4 times already...and DBZ, whoa. Like....50 times, probably :D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Damn you toonami! Has anyone tried talking to them?

Cannibal Clown
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:19 PM
They do get hundreds upon hundreds of mail from viewers every week, some from fans, others from parents, saying that they didn'tr like what their kids were seeing, like when they aired big o, they had hundrreds of complaintes because of all of the religious background. And they aklso get comments about other anime to air periodically, ideas and everything.

Oh, and Suzuki, when i was talking about the gundam series, i was referring to the one year war sagas, like the ones you mentioned.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM
What I meant is does anyone talk to these people to try to get them to finish dragonball, dbz, and the one I mentioned earlier.

Cannibal Clown
Jan 8th, 2003, 06:42 PM
I don't know, probally. I'm sure that their are, among the thousands of other letters sent to them, but I don't work at CN, and I doubt anyone else here does, so your guess is as good as mine I suppose. But in the case with airing anime that isn't even completely available in america, it's mainly the companies who decide whan certain titles can be aired, with DBZ in mind, the entire series is in america, both DBZ, and DBGT are in america and have been dubbed, it's just that the licensing hasn't been completely finnished up from studios like BAndai, pioneer, manga, ADV, Clamp, and the other many which are responsible for getting cartoons from Japan to America. CN has no say in it. And it also takes a very long time for a channel to edit animes such as DBZ. When they are forced to word over diolauge because of inappropriate language, or computer out the blood and nudity. These are long and tedius presidures, and it's one of the problems CN faces when they are putting up new anime.

And then, with the other companies, it's often simply an issue of money, when they can hold out on a series and make as much money as possible with it when it's released. Cartoon Network is probally holding DBZ under their asses for so long because, like said before, it's one of the most popular animes in america, and fans will always be watching Toonami, simply for DBZ alone. So if they drag it on as much as possible, then they will contiue to have those viewers for that long length of time as well. By spring, when the last of DBZ is aired, it'll probally have one of the highest cable ratings for that time slot than nearly any other. An then after they butcher it, and have the reruns of those same 15 f*cking episodes for the entire damn summer, they will release Dragonball GT, and use that as the Toonami money milker for the next several years.

So, you must understand, that the f*ckers at CN are greedy bastards and are just after the ratings and the moeny, and they have no problem with holding DBGT for as long as the want.

And witht he way things are going, I'm sure that nearly ever one of the ten Gundams will have had some time of airing On Toonami, and then the 11th series, Gundam SEED will finally be aired. YAY! And with the new channels also becomming more interested in anime, CN will probally be airing whatever they can to keep their die hard otaku's watching their shows. But with FOX BOX, Fox Family, WGN, TechTV, Encore Action Channel, and the upcomming Anime Channel, sponcered by ADV, I'm certain that time slotts like The Adult Swim, Midnight Run, and Toonami will be getting more competitive and find more compelling animes to show the fans.

But like with what i just said, if you don't like they was cartoon network is dealing with the anime choises of theirs, you will soon be able to appreachiate the many other channels with planty of other great anime titles.

007_JamesBond
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:16 PM
I can not argue with that CC, not at all

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

Oh, and Suzuki, when i was talking about the gundam series, i was referring to the one year war sagas, like the ones you mentioned.

Cool. One thing:

Universal Century >>>>> Alternate Universe.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 10th, 2003, 10:55 AM
I know no one may know. It seems if they do no one listens to the pleas of the fans.