PDA

View Full Version : Road to the Super Bowl thread !!!

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 05:16 AM
:roll:SUPER BOWL XXXVII:roll:

Oakland http://espn-i.starwave.com/@v=2003012412@/i/nfl/playoffs02/oak.gifvs. Tampa Bayhttp://espn-i.starwave.com/@v=2003012412@/i/nfl/playoffs02/tam.gif

by far the best possible match up in recent years, this should be a treat to watch. :cool:

pick your winner, who will be victorious in this years super bowl ?

Mercury Shadow
Jan 4th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Greenbay Vs. ATL- Even though I'll be rooting for ATL, I think it'd be pretty hard for GB to lose... with their 35-0 streak when it's below 30 at Lambo... or something like that. But Donald Driver is hurt I think, their best WR.

Jets Vs. Colts- Jets are the hottest team right now... I love Marvin Harrison, but I'm gonna have to go JETS.

Giants Vs. 49ers- Your 49ers are gonna lose, king freak!!! The Giants have been playing great lately and I can't see them losing.

Browns vs. Steelers- Steelers... too bad Couch's hurt.

Superbowl- The Raiders will probably go, and so will the Bucs if they get their QB back (is he still hurt or wha?). But the Eagles are getting back McNabb... that'll be interesting.

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Mercury Shadow

Superbowl- The Raiders will probably go, and so will the Bucs if they get their QB back (is he still hurt or wha?). But the Eagles are getting back McNabb... that'll be interesting.

yea, it would be really interesting to see how macnabb fairs next week. eagles have home field throughout, they also have a good chance of making it..

Also the titans are really playing well coming in to the playoffs, i think there the only team that can beat the raiders.

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:43 PM
any more football fans here ?:peoples:

Mercury Shadow
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by king_freak

Also the titans are really playing well coming in to the playoffs, i think there the only team that can beat the raiders.

Yeah I forgot about the Titans. I just remember them losing badly to the Redskins (my home team) haha... But McNair and Eddie George are hard to stop. And of course their great defense.

Zone
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:41 PM
Raiders all the way!

I want to see Oakland vs. Tampa Bay at the Super Bowl. I think that would be a great game.

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:18 PM
im watching the jets-colts game right now..

im really impressed with the jets, they really came prepare to play, their just dominating from both sides of the field.

its turning out to be a blowout.:P

Infernal Mass
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:40 PM
yep, the colts are getting spanked..

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

yep, the colts are getting spanked..

i thought its going to be more competative game than this.. oh well cant wait for the packs-falcons game..:)

looking forward to see how michael vick does in his first playoff game..

Infernal Mass
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:54 PM
i thought it was going to be a good game too, the jets played a great first half.

TtTackler
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:59 PM
AFC will definiately be represented by either the Jets or Titans..They are the two hot teams going into the playoffs there.

Being a Giants fan, I would love them to go all the way..I think we have a good chance against the Niners. Can definiately beat the Eagles. I believe that they could take advantage of Green Bay's weak D. As for TB, their offense is too horrible, and their defense is no Ravens of 2000, Steelers exposed them two weeks ago. Then the Falcons, stop Vick, you stop the whole team..I would have to say it will be Giants, Eagles, or GB in the SB for NFC..

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:12 PM
oh the colts, have some mercy jets..:laugh:

EDIT: game over final score 41-0. jets will play the raiders next week..

Infernal Mass
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:29 PM
:laugh: ..i guess the coach was really trying to score as many points as possible.. just in case the colts tried to make a comeback after the 2 min. warning.

the raiders are going to win next week..i hope the jets enjoy this victory.

Mercury Shadow
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Man, that game sucked! I was hoping for a better game. You guys see Jordan rushing almost every drive in the 4th quarter and the Colts still couldn't stop him!

ATL vs. GB should be a much better game.

Vic Viper
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Mercury Shadow

ATL vs. GB should be a much better game.

indeed, this will be a good one.

Zone
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Ouch! The Colts got their asses handed to them. The Packers did also, but at least they scored.

Killuminati
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:49 PM
I think Oak Town have the best chance of winnin it all but im goin for Titans

Infernal Mass
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:18 AM
yea. Titans or oakland!!

i hope either one of them win the super bowl

ssjtrunks13
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I'm not a fan of watching football but I would like to see either the REdskins or the Ravens to go to the super bowl and win.

Zone
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Did anyone else see the 49ers/Giants game? That was one of the best games I've ever seen.

The Steelers/Browns game was good too.

Vic Viper
Jan 6th, 2003, 02:37 AM
^^^Can today and yesterday be any more contrasting?

yep, yesterday, we see complete blowouts. Today, we see what looks to be following in yesterday's footsteps in both games, but then both, amazing comebacks to win it.

btw, im extremely happy that my niners win..:cool:

Piggle_humsy
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:30 AM
We don't have the Super Bowl over here!(London,U.k)
I'd love to watch it tho! All the hype you hear about it in american programs! Sounds cool! :cool:

And i hear the adverts are big things aswell as people pay so much to have them shown during the super bowl!

Well who ever you support! i wish you all the best! ;)

Piggle :roll:
x x x

Did you say the 49ers won??
I have a 49ers cap which i bought when i was 9 on my one and only trip to the u.s! Cool! :cool:

Vic Viper
Jan 10th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Steelers-titans, tough call, but ill pick the titans, steelers secondary got tourch last week by the browns, i look for the titans to exploit that weakness..

Falcons-Eagles, McNabb being back its interesting to see how he fairs, Eagles defense faster and better and will contain Vick. i pick the Eagles.

Jets-Raiders, who ever wins this will go to the superbowl. really tough choice, jets have the momentum, look for that to continue. i pick the jets to upset the raaaaides.

49ers-Bucs, as much as i want the 49ers to win, i think its over for the niners. i pick the bucs.

your thoughts !?!?:peoples:

Zone
Jan 11th, 2003, 11:31 PM
The Titans/ Steelers game was good.

It seems that the Eagles are going to win. It's 20-6 with about 3:00 left in the game.

Vic Viper
Jan 12th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Zone

The Titans/ Steelers game was good.

yea but not w/o controversy at the end..:peoples:

I dosn't understand how they can call running into the kicker when momentum is taking the guy. Not to mention the kicker doing a pretty damn good acting job. Im not using this as an excuse because the Steelers had many chances to win this ball game, but I really dont agree with that call.

Zone
Jan 12th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Yeah, baby! Black and Silver all the way! :D
So all we need to do is beat the Titans, which won't be easy, but it's going to happen.

I like the 49ers, but I knew Tampa Bay would win. I want them to beat the Eagles because Raiders vs. Buccaneers would be one hell of a Super Bowl.

Zone
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:55 PM
YES!!!

Raiders are in the Super Bowl! :D It's been 19 years...
Plus it's how I predicted: Buccaneers vs. Raiders.

So who's going to win? My money's on Oakland (of course). I think that they have the advantage.

BTW, I think it's a bit ironic that Jon Gruden will face his former team.

Vic Viper
Jan 20th, 2003, 12:50 AM
#1 Offense vs #1 Defense

Offensive player of the year vs defensive player of the year

old guys vs young guys

storied franchise vs young franchise

Gruden vs Old Team

Can it get any better? :roll:

Lost_myth
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:13 PM
I actually don't care who wins, but I'll be watching it with my Packers sweater on... Gwah ahahha

Vic Viper
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:43 PM
come on guys make your picks, Raiders or Bucs !?!?

Infernal Mass
Jan 25th, 2003, 11:34 AM
I want the raiders to win, but then again, it'd be cool to see warren sapp get his ring finally. The buc's are going to have to work for it though.

it's going to be a good game...hopefully.

Zone
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:19 PM
D'ho!!!

WTF was that!? Those aren't the Raiders I know. Oh, well. :(

I've got to hand it to the Bucs and Jon Gruden. They played one hell of a game.

Vic Viper
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:27 AM
wow !! wastn really expect the game to be that one sided. i expected a closer game than that.:mad: the so called high powered offense by the raiders got shut down by the bucs D. man, awesome performance by the bucs d, all the creadit goes to them. who would've expected the mvp, rich gannon to have a record 5 interceptions, im sure didnt.

raiders i think got to carried away with their passing attacks, they should've run the ball more often. what are they thinking, cause history shows, one weakness of the bucs D was that you can run the ball againts them.

congrats to the bucs, team, great season culminating on a super bowl win..

:end rant::P

Vic Viper
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by goodman

The Bucs clogged up the Raiders running game, and shut down Charlie Garner, essentially making the passing game their only avenue. The Bucs defense was very active and teeing off on anything that stood in their way. They just whipped da Raiderzzz.

yep. can u say, though rough ass kicking :laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:27 PM
I didn't really watch it and I'm not really a fan of watching the sport, but it is still nice to know who wins the Super Bowl. It was kinda one-sided I would have liked to know the score was closer. I only know who won because my brother turned to it once in awahile just to check the scores.