PDA

View Full Version : Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon?

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:30 AM
Does anyone like this series? Personally I feel this is the greatest anime series of all time...

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.. yes that's right, the bunch of highschool girls, running around in mini pleated-skirts fighting monsters on a day to day basis! ... Now I admit that the dub version of this series absolutly sucks... especially what those monsters at DiC did to the show... BUt the original version is pure gold! I've seen all 200 eps unedited, some subtitled, some not... and I truely believe that this is one of the best anime ever created. And at least in the japanese version, the show DOES HAVE A GRIPING GOOD STORYLINE! Unfortnate that the dub totally cuts out any inciling that this anime really has one... Which sometimes makes me feel sorry for those who only know of the dub, and find it kiddy and stupid... heck, I'd agree if I had only seen the dubs .... I love this anime for its romantic comedy story-line, which often reminds me of Ranma 1/2... for its awesome fight-scenes (often completly cut out in the dubs ) ... Hilarious diologue... Music that I could listen to forever (Why DiC?! Why!? Why did you have to cut out the music and make your own pile of crap!? ) ...Awesome character development... and might I say that Sailor Saturn is my all time favorite character in this series... too bad she dies a totall of EIGHT TIMES throughout the series! ... and finally.. for an anime that made me love anime!

Beretta55
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:03 AM
is the japanese version of sailor moon that good? if they cut the show that bad. they cut it here like a knife through butter:P

Pu the Owl
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:44 AM
Even if I can't say this series is the best ever, I think it's pretty funny and in some parts interesting to watch. The problem is the lenght of Sailor Moon.... it makes the series (all of them) look repetitive and annoying after some time.

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:09 PM
Well I've watched all 200 episodes all the way through.. and at times I did get alittle annoyed.. a few episodes in it could have been left out.. but I was a very popular show, so I understand why they let it go on for so long.. but they ended the series beautifully with the last episode which nearly brought me to tears. And yes its true that the americans cut through sailor moon like a knife through butter... its been voted the most cut anime out of all... most episodes cut out all together. its really quite sad..

merylsilverburg
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Aah....please mark your SPOILERS next time please! I did not know that little fact about Saturn and I read it, now I know what happens. :P

This series is very good, I know I was addicted to it when it just started airing in the US (yes, the dub version), but like Fortune said, after a while, the whole "Monster of the Week" thing started getting repetitive and tiresome. :right: But yes, the music is great. I think the manga is much prettier and better though.

I'm not sure if my info is correct (I heard this a while back), but I believe there will be new Sailormoon episodes starting 2003/2004. When I heard this, I was completely taken aback because I didn't know what other plot they can do for these new episodes. I'm sure that many fans will be very happy to hear this, if it's true. :happy:

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Eep! I'm sorry!

BUt like everyone dies at least more than once in that series! Saturn just dies the most out of all of them! ^_^;; But DiC tried to cover the fact up that the Sailor Senshi DIED in the last episode of the first sailor moon series...

I didnt know anyone would really care ^_^;; since I dont know very many people who actually watch the japanese version of the show.

Anyway.. I heard that rumor too! I really hope its true! But yeah, I wonder what new sort of plot it'll be..

Maybe it'll be able Chibi-Usa growing up and becoming the moon princess ^_^ I'd like to see that happen... and more love scenes of her and Elios! They must love eachotherrrrr!

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Oh my god. I love this show. So much! I watched four episodes of the english version and quit. It was disgusting. It turned these great female heroines into mall rats. And Saturn is the best!

But I think if Chibi USA grows up, her and Saturn should be a couple...

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Ahhh nuuuu! Chibi-Usa is Destined for Eliossssss!! She shall always love himmmm! :D Saturn can find her own boyfriend! ... or girlfriend... lol! even though I dont really like the idea. ^_^;;

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:27 AM
they are soooo perfect for each other. I hate how Neptune and Uranus were a couple, they dont suit each other at all.

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Yeah I guss you're right.... BUT YOU CANT BREAK UP CHIBI-USA AND ELIOS'S LOVE!!! Its eternallllll!!! :D True happy spiffy love! :D .......ah love... I wish I could....

Valkrie Of Light
Jan 6th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Love is so overrated.