PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use multiplayer mode on Halo?

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:01 PM
I recently got back from a week-plus vacation up in Yosemite... and spend the majority of the cold nights in the cabin, playing Halo with my uncles. So far my Uncle Greg is my only advisary in this game. Now I'm not a fan of X-Box... but if I had one I'd buy this game just for the multiplayer mode. What's everyone's favorite shooting ranges? And do you think you're the best when it comes to you and your friends?

I love Blood Gulch, and standing at a high altitude with a sniper rifle, to strike anyone that comes into my scopes. I also like Prisoner, with the Scoping Hand-gun... that small scope does wonders while standing in a dark corner, waiting for someone to come out in the open. BWAHAHA!

fantasywave
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:13 PM
You are such an Xbox n00b. We all know that Halo supports multi-player!!! Geez. You don't have to tell us that.

In fact, you don't just play Split-Screen in Halo. That's plain boring. What I do is I use a program called XBconnect and play with friends online. (Not system link!!!) So yea, get that program and hopefully we can play someday.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah halo multiplayer is awesome.Espically a link game.I love riding 3 people to a vechile and rushing the enemy base in blood glutch,great times.And of course i am the best when it comes to my friends.I'm the master team sniper :)

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:32 PM
God dammit fantasywave, I just got here and already I cant stand you. I havent "TOLD" anyone about the multiplayer, the title simply asks if anyone plays it, because many people buy it just for the single-player mode, not just the multiplayer. I never said anyone didnt know about the multiplayer, you dolt. Next time READ the post before you reply to something.

Nelo Angelo
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:00 PM
Played co-op with a friend who didn't like Xbox and he bashed it as we played it. I ended up killing him because he was getting on my nerves.

fantasywave
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

Played co-op with a friend who didn't like Xbox and he bashed it as we played it. I ended up killing him because he was getting on my nerves.

Lol. Smart!!

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:06 PM
I cant stand it when people bash any console... I think they're all great in there own little ways... even though I'm a supporter of PlayStation. ... But I'd say things about my uncles Xbox just to get on his nerves too ^_^; it was quiet fun, because it made him more aggresive in the game. Me: "yes that's right.. come and kill me! .... HA! I GOT YOU!!!" Greg: "CURSES!!!!"

Beretta55
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:44 PM
i really havent play the mutiplayer mode that much. the tank's and stuff is cool to use i only have one friend who like's to play videogames alot like me. we just end up playing co-op the whole time.

DSgamer
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:56 PM
i have never played the multiplayer on halo, hell, i've never played halo, and fantasy, i'm also having beef with u, if u were in front of my face, i'd ****ing punch u.

fantasywave
Jan 3rd, 2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by gamer

i have never played the multiplayer on halo, hell, i've never played halo, and fantasy, i'm also having beef with u, if u were in front of my face, i'd ****ing punch u.

Why you want to punch me? I know karate. :P BTW, you don't even know me, so quit acting like a brave child. Find me first then think about hitting me. This is the internet. I don't take responsibilities for what I say.

Frozen
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:52 AM
Indeed it's true, people need to just let things roll off their back when some idiot acts like ass on the internet :sarcasm:

On topic, I for one, don't have any RL friends to play HALO with :weep:

The game rocks hard, anyways, I hope I'll get the oportunity to play on multiplayer soon :)

fantasywave
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

Indeed it's true, people need to just let things roll off their back when some idiot acts like ass on the internet :sarcasm:

On topic, I for one, don't have any RL friends to play HALO with :weep:

The game rocks hard, anyways, I hope I'll wait for the oportunity to play on multiplayer soon :)

You don't wait for the opportunity!!! I already told you, just download the frickin' program called XBconnect!!! Then we can play online alrady!!! :frust: Alsooo, Xbconnect supports Unreal Champ, NBA 2K3, Deathrow, Nascar Thunder, Ghost Recon and many many more games online!!!

Frozen
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:44 AM
Alright, now I downloaded the software and I'm connected. So I need to buy a cable to connect the X box to the PC through USB and I'm ready to rock?

BTW, are those cables long? Cuz I have my XBox and TV about 10 meters apart from the PC and it is not possible to move either. XD

dan da man
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:27 AM
i have played halo multiplayer, its gr8 co-op is awsome too.
i realy want to play on xboxconnect.com with halo can someone plz list what i need and can i do it in the uk?

fantasywave
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:50 PM
Cool, two people wanted to play Halo with XBconnect!!! Great, all you need is a router, if you don't have one, then you need two network cards in your PC and the setup will be more complicated. and yes, you can play in UK.

Frozen: Just put your TV and Xbox beside your computer. Then just connect both Xbox and PC to the router. Turn on your Xbox, put in Halo, then go to Multi, Systemlink, and stop at the waiting for games screen.

Now turn on your PC, launch XBconnect, and just find a game to join!!

BTW, Halo requires 64KB upstream for one player. So if the host has 128KB up, then he can host one Xbox with only one player in it.

check the faq in xbconnect.com

ZeroBeat77
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:28 PM
i heard u can play xbox online with halo 1 on gamespy arcade but it's laggy and crappy(dats wat i heard)

dan da man
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ZeroBeat77

i heard u can play xbox online with halo 1 on gamespy arcade but it's laggy and crappy(dats wat i heard)

you should play halo on www.xbconnect.com less lag and more skilled players.

mark0™
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:57 AM
I love Halo Multiplayer, me and my dad link up two Xboxs to play (because we could just glance at each others position on spilt screen, lol, we bought another Xbox and Halo lol)

My fave levels are Blood Gulch, the snow level (Sidewinder is it called?) and the one with the two ships docking. I am teh Snip0R-L33tz0r