PDA

View Full Version : Vote!

mcfinnyd
Jan 1st, 2003, 06:50 PM
What game do you think was the best of the year 2002?¿?

Mine wuld probably tony hawk's pro skater 4 and then gta: vice city:roll:

Vic Viper
Jan 1st, 2003, 07:09 PM
vice city

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mcfinnyd

tony hawk's pro skater 4

Obviously cuz you got the cheat!! ;) j/k

My vote: Suikoden III.

Runner up: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

mcfinnyd
Jan 1st, 2003, 07:13 PM
i don't like it dat much more it only unlocked 2 characters da i hadn't got

and i only needed $25 for one of dem
so it didn't make da world of difference!
but thanx 4 da cheat any way

Daedaelus
Jan 1st, 2003, 07:13 PM
Metroid Prime.

Runner up: Vice City

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 1st, 2003, 07:20 PM
Sadly, 2002 has been a down year for me in the world of gaming. I was broke until like...November, when I got a job. So now it's starting to pick up.

I'd have to say Shenmue II though...but I'm a wee bit partial (check my nickname).

fantasywave
Jan 1st, 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Sadly, 2002 has been a down year for me in the world of gaming. I was broke until like...November, when I got a job. So now it's starting to pick up.

I'd have to say Shenmue II though...but I'm a wee bit partial (check my nickname).

NOOO!!!! Don't get ShenMue II!!! Trust me, this game is very short!!! I beat it in 2-4 hours!!!

OK, listen, I got ShenMue II in DC and at that time I was like so excited. The gameplay was nice...Really. But the story is just too short!!! You won't believe how stupid the ending was. At the beginning, you step in to Hong Kong from the harbour, then you have to work for money and shit like that. Basically, all you do is run around the Hong Kong, (It's not a big map anyway), and talk to people. The only interesting things are capsule toys, active time events, gambling, and dart shooting. This game is really not worth the $$.

Fox
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:13 PM
Castlevania:Harmony of Dissonance...excellent game.

MakgSnake
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:50 PM
Its a hard one for me........
Lets see.... I loved MOTO GP2....... and.....Tekken 4 is something I enjoyed alot. But.......Resident Evil games on GameCube is just awesome (I havn't finished them so I wont say anything about them).

I guess I'll have to go with......
US SOCOM Navy Seals.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:53 PM
My vote goes to Splinter Cell.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by fantasywave

NOOO!!!! Don't get ShenMue II!!! Trust me, this game is very short!!! I beat it in 2-4 hours!!!

OK, listen, I got ShenMue II in DC and at that time I was like so excited. The gameplay was nice...Really. But the story is just too short!!! You won't believe how stupid the ending was. At the beginning, you step in to Hong Kong from the harbour, then you have to work for money and shit like that. Basically, all you do is run around the Hong Kong, (It's not a big map anyway), and talk to people. The only interesting things are capsule toys, active time events, gambling, and dart shooting. This game is really not worth the $$.

I already own it, and I love it, actually.

mark0™
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:27 PM
Metsl Gear Solid 2, it came out in then end of 2001 in the US didnt it? But I got mines on the day of release on Feburary 2002 so I guess it counts, also MGS2 substance casme out in 2002.

Other than that, I think Kingdom Hearts is the runner up.

Deathwatchz
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:52 PM
I haven't really gotten too far in Suidoken 3 yet, but i still say it's a great game. it'd probably get my vote.

Zone
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:44 AM
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin gets my vote.

Beretta55
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:20 AM
metoird prime or or resident evil remake. im going to have to go with resident evil remake it was a first experiance in the mansion for me.

Mercury Shadow
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:12 AM
VIRTUA FIGHTER 4

best fighter ever

Frozen
Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:15 AM
A hard thing to say. Still many games I need to play as to give such a judgement. But so far, as for what I have played, I agree with Iguana.

Metroid Prime.

MakgSnake
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:44 AM

And I am going to buy this gem soon too. I love Shenmue.......and I cant wait to play Shenmue II. :)

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:28 AM
metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty (uk)

runners up, vice city, splinter cell

fantasywave
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty (uk)

Dude, what's up with (UK)??? Does that make the game better?? ;)

fantasytiger
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:14 AM
my vote would have to go to Vice City as well

:kupo:.........(ffx)

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:45 PM

lol, i just thought the U.S. got mgs2 in 2001!

Mercury Shadow
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:25 PM
yeah, he's right, the UK version came out in 2002 and US in 2001.

Gadzoox
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:44 PM
Dragon Rage... WORST GAME EVER.

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Dragon Rage... WORST GAME EVER.

we are voting best game of 2002, not worst!:peoples:

mark0™
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:05 PM

Yes, our game was better, we had European Extreme (you can get this on Substance in the US now) and I think we had a few smalle features added too I think. But not all UK games are better than the US.. at least we got the getaway first :P

Gadzoox
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

we are voting best game of 2002, not worst!:peoples:

I know... I just HAVE to be different! :D

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by mark0

Yes, our game was better, we had European Extreme (you can get this on Substance in the US now) and I think we had a few smalle features added too I think. But not all UK games are better than the US.. at least we got the getaway first :P

oh yes, we did get european extreme (damn that is hard)
and a little few extra features! [off the topic] mark0 we are getting more features in substance aswell! and for sure in our version and japenese u play pliskin (yessss!!), dont know about U.S. version [off the topic]

mark0™
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:24 PM
I've got the US substance Dan, you can play Pliskin in Snake Tales, although hold out for the ps2 version of substance, I think it will be a lot better (plus its kinda hard playing MGS2 on the xbox, just kinda frustrating at times)

David
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:29 PM
Don't really no because I love so many games, but I think FF10!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To be forgotten is worse than death...

dan da man
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:30 PM
mark0 r the snake tales when u play pliskin is it like what pliskin does in mgs2 sol, but in snake tales u have the chance to do it?

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

I already own it, and I love it, actually.

As do I

My vote goes to....probably Vice City

kupoartist
Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:28 PM
FFVI was so good that I brought a playstation just to play it (my first console in ages)... but aside from that there was no game in the UK that really caught my imagination too good this year... and FFVI doesn't really count when the rest of the world has had it since about 1994 onwards :laugh:

so its out of UT2003 and Kingdom Hearts... and as much as I love KH, UT2003 is the winner because it kept my playing pretty solidly... (plus I couldn't really pass judgement on a game I've had since christmas :/ )

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:22 AM
I think Kingdom Hearts is the best game of 2002! I fell in love with this game when I first heard about it over a year prior to its debut! From beginning to end, I founf no faulties in this game.. everything was splendid! This is deffinatly my favorite game for the PS2.

Piggle_humsy
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:58 PM
GTA 3 and Vice city as they are the only games i played all year! lol! although gta 3 is really not a 2002 game i still played it all 2002!

piggle
x x x:roll:

Daedaelus
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

And I am going to buy this gem soon too. I love Shenmue.......and I cant wait to play Shenmue II. :)

You're kidding right, Makg? You're going to listen to that idiot? (and I'm not just saying that because he was banned, I noticed his stupidity from his first post).

I rented an XBox just to play Shenmue II, and I can tell you that if you have an XBox, you can't pass this game up. It would be like not buying MGS2 for PS2...

Frozen
Jan 4th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Eh, I agree on the idiot part, but, didn't Makg say "I AM getting the game" ? :laugh:

Damn, I still need to beat the first one on DC. And I'll certainly get the second one for XBox :D

Daedaelus
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

Eh, I agree on the idiot part, but, didn't Makg say "I AM getting the game" ? :laugh:

Damn, I still need to beat the first one on DC. And I'll certainly get the second one for XBox :D

OMG, I feel so stupid... I read his post wrong. Sorry. heh

trunks69420
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:39 AM
I will go w/ majority here for vice city, but just because it is such a great game.

Sure i play all of my games at least three times through, but already ive done this four times. The story is great, graphics... par, but the non-linear gameplay is what sets it apart. I just put an X-box, and Cube, on layaway, and i plan to purchase Shenmue II as well.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:02 PM
The only game I know that was released world that I've beat is DBZ: Budokai, so that would have to be the best in my opinion.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 9th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Frozen Damn, I still need to beat the first one on DC. And I'll certainly get the second one for XBox :D

I say:

FINISH IT NOW!!!!!

The ending is great (since you plan on playing the second) and it's simply an amazing game. The story gets really intense.

Best. Game. Ever. (the first one)

Ummm...that's IMPOSSIBLE. There is no way you can beat it that quickly.