PDA

View Full Version : Golden Boy (pretty damn funny actually)

Cannibal Clown
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:07 PM
I just bought this series called the Golden Boy on DVD. it's two discs long and is pretty much about a 25 year old guy named kintaro. He is graduated, and does nothing more than ride around japan on his bike and find part time jobs, a new one every episode.

With this description, the series sounds very dull, but on the other side of the story, Kintaro is one of the biggest perverts in the history of Japanimation. Usually finding jobs in the hope that he will somehow get laid by one, or mnay of the unbeliavably hot women who work there.

The way the stories from episode to episode work out for Kintaro make this an hillarious anime, for older anime fans of coarse. The sitiuations Kintaro finds himself in after his many attempts to win over the women around him become very funny and always end up with you wanting more. But in the end you always find out that Kintaro has a good side and shows the ladies how sweet and nice of a person he really is.

It was made in 1995, and from shueisha studios. the animation isn't all that great, but as you will see, that makes it one of it's plus sides, with the many facial expressions which find their ways to kinotos face as you see him olgoling over the many women who, in usually every episode, will cause tension in his pants, make you laugh your ass off.

And of coarse, if you just want to find a way to pass the time, it's full of large, very bouncy breasts, and full of many exposing women.

I am a big fan of animes such as Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genisis Evangelion, Vision of Escaflowne, X, Hellsing, Ai Yori Aoshi, Record of Lodoss War, and Rorouni kenshin, and even though i'm more of a serious, in depth, emotional, and ingenious anime fan, i still found this one very enjoyable. But i don't necessarily suggest this for the women of this forum, but i'm sure that any guy who wants to laugh for a while, this is perfect.

The series is only 6 episodes long, and two DVD's, and there is no continuing story, except for the end episode wherte you once again meet all of the characters once again from before, other than that, it's mainly a bunch of slapped together stories of the many missadventures of Kintaro in The Golden Boy.

Pu the Owl
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:07 PM
I've watched some episodes of this series and I've found them pretty boring and most of all not that funny. But oh well, it's a matter of tastes in this case too..

Frozen
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:02 AM
I'm pretty sure most women will NOT like this anime since it's comedy is oriented, I think, to male audiences much more than to females.

I've watched all the 6 movies as well, and hell, yeah, it's pretty damn funny, specially watching the DUB, listening to that voice of moron that guy has :laugh:

But it's certainly not for kids, at all, specially in the 5th chapter :evil: