PDA

View Full Version : Working Around Games!!!

MakgSnake
Dec 26th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Well I dont know how many of you work or has worked for Video Games, but I do almost all the time at Best Buy, I love that job, its pretty sweet and amazing!! I love being around Video Games and everything related to it. But what I really love now is that everytime a Company Representer visits the store, he/she gives out some really cool official stuff.

When the Playstation2 Lady visited us, she gave me a Sony Playstation and Playstation 2 ball pen, with neck around key chain, and a Ps2 Box (To keep certain stuff, like pen and all)

Then when Xbox people came in to promote Xbox Live, they gave out, a Cute little Xbox torch light, Xbox Key Chains, Neck around key chain.

And today at Boxing day, Nintendo Promotor came in, and well after having some nice conversation with him, he gave me Offical Nintendo Game Cube BaseBall Cap, a GameBoy Advance Key Chain, and Resident Evil Zero T-Shirt. Its pretty COOL. I love all this free stuff... Its the stuff I dream of... I know you can probably get all this stuff from store, but here I am getting for free cool stuff. May be for you people it isn't much, but for me I think its super COOL!

Plus I get free "Demo Discs"....which the store decides to throw away, and free PROMO posters of Games and Systems. :)

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 26th, 2002, 04:42 PM
I was close to getting a job at a game store...but I didn't. I want one badly though...that's what I'm going to try for after the job I have now.

MakgSnake
Dec 26th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

I was close to getting a job at a game store...but I didn't. I want one badly though...that's what I'm going to try for after the job I have now.
I give you best of luck, that you do get a job, cause it sure is one amazing thing. I love my job!! :)

Frozen
Dec 26th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I remember I made applications in all that kind of stores: Best Buy, Gamestop, Electronics Boutique, Sam Goody, etc...

got a job in Pizza Hut instead :B I get free pizzas everyday :B :B

But I definitely need a second job, and I want it to be in some palce like I intended at first.

that's a tight job you've got there, Makg :cool:

dan da man
Dec 26th, 2002, 07:09 PM
^
^
wow that is a good job,

well i want to work at GAME, its realy cool.:cool:

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:17 PM
I used to work in the QA (Quality Assurance) department for SONY Psygnosis (now SONY Studio Liverpool). These guys have been responsible for games such as WipEout, Demoltion Derby and the F1 series.

Some of the benefits were, obviously getting to play PS games first (I played WipEout 3 at Alpha stage), but I also got not only any SONY published game for £5, but also any SONY published music (e.g. all the old Aerosmith back catalogue) for dirt cheap too!

However, spending 8+ hours a day playing PSX games as my job was not all it was cracked up to be - once I got home, I couldn't stand the sight of my PSX.... Hence why after 6 months I left. Working with video games was ruining my enjoyment of them. I never ever want a job involving video games again.

- S