PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Trilogy.

MakgSnake
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:55 PM
This amazing game coming our way in Feb or March is a Trilogy (I didn't know that). I am so glad that we will have three great adventures of Lara Croft. YEAH!!

The Angel Of Darkness is slated to be the first part of the Trilogy, and Eidos is going to release the NEXT two chapters even if the first one doesn't do well at the sales department. (WHICH I think it WILL for sure!!!)

The final part of the Trilogy will be out at the end of 2004, so expect the second part to hit the shelves next Xmas I believe. I am too excited about the first part now even more! Too bad it was pushed back..but I am sure for good. I dont want a bad Lara Croft game, nobody wants that! Its too good of a series to get bashed up by critics and sales.

This game will rock!.! And hopfully the the next two as well.

dan da man
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:36 PM
is it for gba?

because i know there is a new tr game out for gba looks cool!

MakgSnake
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:57 PM
No No.....I am talking about Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness for the PS2. And its upcoming next two sequals for the Playstation2 ONLY. :D

dan da man
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:20 PM
oh right!

but this cool and its ps2 only well TR was born on the playstation!
and plus i like TR!

Vic Viper
Dec 25th, 2002, 06:30 PM
great, a trilogy.. :)

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 10:10 PM
I just found out that the whole Trilogy would be coming out on the PC too. Its cool as long as it doesn't come on any other console! Man I cant wait for this game to come out. I day dream about this game everyday. :P :roll:

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

oh right!

but this cool and its ps2 only well TR was born on the playstation!
and plus i like TR! Actually dude, Tomb Raider came out on the SEGA Saturn first.... but it was the PSX version that brought Lara to the forefront of modern culture...

anyway...

I'm quite excited about Angel Of Darkness too. I was severely disappointed with everything after TR2. I have fingers crossed for AoD - here's hoping it has the same impact that the original did!

- S

dan da man
Dec 31st, 2002, 02:52 PM
oh sorry, i did come out on sega saturn first i completely forgot!

Vic Viper
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I just found out that the whole Trilogy would be coming out on the PC too. Its cool as long as it doesn't come on any other console! Man I cant wait for this game to come out. I day dream about this game everyday. :P :roll:

it wont.;) "ps2 exclusive" man..;)

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by king_freak

it wont.;) "ps2 exclusive" man..;)
I dont know man.....take a LooK (http://pc.ign.com/articles/355/355991p1.html) by yourself.

Vic Viper
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:53 PM

I dont know man.....take a LooK (http://pc.ign.com/articles/355/355991p1.html) by yourself.

yeah i know its coming on PC, what i ment to say was its not coming on another console..:P maybe i should have made it more clearer.. sorry..

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by king_freak

yeah i know its coming on PC, what i ment to say was its not coming on another console..:P maybe i should have made it more clearer.. sorry..
Ooh..yeah I got confused too. Yup for consoles, its PS2 exclusive. :) ..... PC is a totally different thing, so it doesn't matter! :)

Infernal Mass
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:04 PM
eidos is blowing it.. or rather the producer of this game is. According to Gamestop the release is set for April fools day(4/1/03)..this is some messed up shit. The game was scheduled for a November release..pushed to Feb. and now April.

:disturb:

dan da man
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

eidos is blowing it.. or rather the producer of this game is. According to Gamestop the release is set for April fools day(4/1/03)..this is some messed up shit. The game was scheduled for a November release..pushed to Feb. and now April.

:disturb:

what?:peoples: the release date for uk is feb 03, the 14th i saw!
(if it is true)-------> god dammit y cant it be out for feb so i can have it for my birthday in march!

Infernal Mass
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:14 PM
i really hope this is some type of error..although best buy is saying the samething.. :disturb: this is what happened last time when the game was delayed..:disturb:

MakgSnake
Jan 7th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

i really hope this is some type of error..although best buy is saying the samething.. :disturb: this is what happened last time when the game was delayed..:disturb:
DAMN!!!! Thats the worst news ever now!! Sh*t, I am soo pissed now. I have been waiting for this game for sooo freaking long now!!!!
And yeah on the Best Buy site it says "April 4th"....... thats like foo freaking farrrrr. :frust:
Man what is going on with Eidos, and I hope this doesn't turn the game into a shitty one! :sick:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 10:42 AM

Man what is going on with Eidos, and I hope this doesn't turn the game into a shitty one! :sick:

WHy would it make it shitty? Are they pushing the realease date back because it isn't finished?

dan da man
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

WHy would it make it shitty? Are they pushing the realease date back because it isn't finished?

yea but trunks eidos said about 6 motnhs ago that it was coming for christmas (everyone gets excited) then they say feb 03! but then everyone thought why not w8 we will get a better version, but now!!! they have pushed it back agian! i am dissapointed with them!:mad: and alot of many other fans too!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:08 AM
I see now. Well, we'll just have to see how it turns out then!

MakgSnake
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Yeah sometimes pushing the game back and back really ruins the game. THEY SAY that they are taking more time to make the game better but it never works like that.

Run Like Hell, was pushed back soo many times and look what happened, it turned out to be an AVG game thats it.

The Getaway was suppose to be released in AUG 2001, but its releasing now and I saw the IGN review and it got a 7/10 which is soo bad. I was expection like 9.5 or something.

I just hope the same doesn't happen to Tomb Raider AOL. Cause I really wanna buy this game and finish it but if it doesn't get good reviews I'll have second thoughts, which I dont want!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Me neither.:cool:

MakgSnake
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:13 PM

And yeah on the Best Buy site it says "April 4th"....... thats like foo freaking farrrrr. :frust: :sick:
Hmmm....I checked the site again of Best Buy and it says March 19th today. What is going on with Eidos they cant decide a date or having trouble in releasing the game on the right day to give an impact or something..!..? Its confusing me now.

Vic Viper
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:08 PM
gamespy preview (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/january03/tombraiderps2/)

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 08:07 AM
thx king freak!

well i checked on amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000065UQ1/ref=ed_cp__4_2/202-8469006-5080612) and it says feb 14th, there are so many release dates!!!! but when someone posted that interview about AOD the guy said feb so im assuming that.

Infernal Mass
Jan 17th, 2003, 02:24 PM
some people who do marketing research for Core design are saying Feb. as well.

The 28th to be exact..

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 03:09 PM
yes, in the UK think the release date is official!! which is feb 28th, i cant wait!!!!!!!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:41 PM
At this point I am just waiting for it to come out.(whenever that will be)

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:16 PM
i think the U.S. get it on the march 27th, that what it says on amazon!!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:59 PM
I thought we usually get games before you guys, but it really doesn't matter tome.

DragonSphere
Jan 17th, 2003, 06:28 PM
As long as it turns out good, I could care less about when it's released. Hell, I still have yet to finish TR: Revelations. :roll:

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by DragonSphere

As long as it turns out good, I could care less about when it's released. Hell, I still have yet to finish TR: Revelations. :roll:

i think u would care if it got released on aprils fool day lol, yes i nearly beat TR4 some TR games for ps1 are realy hard!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:18 PM
I thought TR 2 was hard and I still haven't beat it because it got scratched up beyond repair before I got a chance to finish.

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I thought TR 2 was hard and I still haven't beat it because it got scratched up beyond repair before I got a chance to finish.

i beat that games with months of play with 2 friends, it is the BEST TOMB RAIDER GAME YET IMO. yes TR games are hard as hell sometimes.

MakgSnake
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:12 PM
I finished TR1, TR2, and well TR3 was tooo long but quite boring. So I was almost at the end and lost intrest. Revelation was quite amazing so I played that game alot and reached the final stages. As for Chronicles, it didn't intrest me at all, I bought it and didn't play it at all.

But Angel of Darkness just seems like the BEST of the BEST in the series. Although I wouldn't wanna finish this game in 2 weeks time or even 4 weeks time. I am afraid I will in a couple of days or something.

I hate finishing the game real quick. ......... its like wait for years and finish it days or hours <---- that really sucks. (MGS is exceptional though).

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:46 PM

But Angel of Darkness just seems like the BEST of the BEST in the series. Although I wouldn't wanna finish this game in 2 weeks time or even 4 weeks time. I am afraid I will in a couple of days or something.

I hate finishing the game real quick. ......... its like wait for years and finish it days or hours <---- that really sucks. (MGS is exceptional though).

i hate that too, waiting for years then complete a game quickly a example u said metal gear solid years!! i waited years for mgs2 done in 2 days maybe because i went to the extreme playing it baecuase i would not get off it. becuase the other TR games r so long i hope TR AOD is even longer but u dont get nored of it! like some of the other TR games!

p.s. i saw the trailer to day, WOW! it looks good, lara looks quites sexy now shes made out of 5000 polygons, i just cant wait to get this GEM!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:43 PM
I rented Chronicles and the little bit I played I enjoyed. The only game I have had a problem with beating real quick is DBZ: Budokai. For some reason I seem to take longer than some of you people.

tha16thletter
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:52 PM
TR2 is still the best I've played, altho AoD is looking absolutely magnificent, can't wait to get ma hands on that one :)
[]D

Infernal Mass
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:43 AM
i own TR1-5(chronicles) for me 1 had the best story/plot, 2 was the overall best adventure.

The toughest for me was 3(escpecially the last level before the final boss fight where i needed to get all the masks) after that game though the others were easy.

tha16thletter
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:33 PM
my friend had TR3, I never did get into it much... it was decent I think, a liiiittle too much like TR2, which I played the hell out of, so thats probably why..
[]D

MakgSnake
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:42 PM
As much as I am not liking the news about AOL coming in April or May, still I love this new Video I downloaded, its actually a "Making of Angel Of Darkness" but its not what you think it is. Its a different documentary. With never ever before seen footage, atleast I never saw it. With actual in game play footage and some new characters to look forward to. Its really cool. Check it out guys. Its 20.3 MB file, and its a 8 1/2 minutes video.

Download the Making from here. (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?subsectionid=193&articleid=64786&pagetype=2)