PDA

View Full Version : Webmaster?

Fayteless
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:17 AM
Maybe my observations are incorrect, but I've seen very few posts discussing the topic of web-buidling. I take a robust interest in the composition and management of websites. My curiosity has led me to the question: do any of you have websites? If so, here's your oppurtunity to brag about them, and prove their significance. Thanks. :shock:

Infernal Mass
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:40 AM
here (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4529&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) is a link

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:43 PM
I don't have a personal web-site at the moment, although I have quite a few domain names registered for me.

My actual job is web and database development. I work with Access, Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server. For web work I develop in HTML, XHTML, XML, J2EE, ColdFusion, ASP and PHP.

At the moment I trying to decide whether it's worth dipping into .NET, but with it being a proprietry Microsoft thing, I'm not too tempted.

So although I don't have a personal site, I have built many web applications at work.

- S

kupoartist
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:39 PM
hmm... i'm actually getting somewhere with my relm shrine at the moment ("an illustrated girl" - the first person to dislike the name gets a 8meg .PSD attachment and the words "for god sake do it yourself then!" scralled over the email)

[just for the sake of it, here's a sampler:a moogle bag and more low quality jpegerized pink than you can shake a stick at (http://mysite.freeserve.com/kupoartist/images/illustrated.jpg) ]

but to be perfectly honest i'm useless with web-pages... i've got one of the worst hosts i've ever had (capacity = perfect, but it has a terrible habit of cutting files in half), and I have no knowledge of even the basics (eg. HTML) - currently the sampler above is just a PSD. no links, or content. I've no idea how to use any programs to make it into somthing else....

and if anyone can tell me a good place for Domain Registration + Web Hosting in the uk, please tell ^_^ (i'm difficult to please)

www.kupoartist.tk

Fayteless
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Don't fret The Artist, it has taken me several failures to reach web success. I actually like what you have of your layout so far. I have some ideas to turn it into a site, but of course, it's yours. If you (The Artist) need any help, just PM me. And for a webhost, I suggest PowWeb (http://www.powweb.com). Good luck. :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I like to make tiny, unuseful sites, but it's nothing I could call more than silly hobby. Still I enjoy making layouts. I have dozens of them I couldn't use stored in my hard disk...

AudioBoxer
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Its not really my site but I did help out tons with putting it together! in fact I did prob 85% of the site, www.absolutepunk.net !

Chara
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:22 AM
My website is in my sig. I havent really updated it much since I am having serious harddrive issues. Random stuff gets deleted on my harddrive for some strnge reason. I almost completed a flash intro but it got deleted. Along with a couple of layouts I was making.