PDA

View Full Version : another reason to hate soccer mom's

Fox
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:49 PM
just incase you haven't been here before. http://www.mavav.org/
i love this pile'o' shit site. check out the resources section, and the report card.

Nelo Angelo
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:07 PM
Funny enough, I'm in school and I make good grades.

I don't normally mind parents that try to tell their kids what games they should buy, but when they get into my business about what games I should buy and which ones I shouldn't, it annoys me greatly.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:11 PM
Yep Fox...that's a stupid site. It should be deleted from the "intranet" altogether.

Decifer
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:07 AM
lol thats some f***ed up shi* exspecially that stupid banner.. :laugh:

DragonSphere
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:39 AM
We highly recommend your child's bedroom be absent of all forms of electronic entertainment devices. This includes a home computer, and/or videogame console systems. It is best for all electronic entertainment devices be placed in a common area where a clock is present and adult supervision is available...
Videogames aren't just for "fun" anymore, the videogame industry made a net income of $6.3 billion in 2002, surpassing even the movie industry. Developers profit and continue to take advantage of today's youth with cute, loveable, addictive, and recognizable franchise characters. A practice and strategy similar to those used by the tobacco industry.

Now that's just the biggest piece of BS I've ever heard in my life. Why can't these ignorant dumbasses understand that video-games are just for fun and entertainment? Like Nelo, I get good grades, despite the fact that I'm an "addictive" video game player. Instead of relying on their so-called "researches", they should go out and ask people like us what we think about gaming. I'm sure they'll be surprised at the answer.

Someone, send them a hatemail or something. :mad:

Zone
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:48 AM
I've been playing videogames all of my life. I play enough to be called an "addict". I've never gotten anything less than a B- on all of my report cards. I have a social life. I get plenty of exercise.

If those people are lousy enough parents to let those games get into their children’s hands then that's their faults. I don't know about yours, but my parents know that I'm mature enough to play any game and that it won't warp my mind.

I don't see what's wrong with the rating system. What is on every game box? What is the one thing we ALWAYS see and hear on videogame commercials? "Rated 'M' for Mature" or "Rated 'E' for Everyone", etc. What is so hard to understand? No one complains about the movie rating system and there's practically no difference between the two. "R" = "M", "PG-13" = "T", and so on.

Just ignore them because they can't really do anything. Games like GTA: VC will continue to come out and get even more mature. As long as you have understanding parents (if you're underage) there's nothing to worry about.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Developers profit and continue to take advantage of today's youth with cute, loveable, addictive, and recognizable franchise characters.

If I'm not mistaken...aren't there quite a few businesses that do this? Let's see...how many "Land Before Time" movies are there? 50? 60? And why aren't they bitching about THAT? What about...Disney movies! Are they bitching about that? No. Give me a break. They need to work on their arguments because right now they are giant hypocrites.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:04 AM
That is a really stupid site. I wish my mom understood that violent game won't warp my mind and go do that in real life. At least I got her to let me rent MKDA.

Daedaelus
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:35 AM
E3: The Evil Entertainment Expo

HAHA! :laugh: What a bunch of idiots with a lot of time on their time on their hands. Get a life...

dan da man
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:48 AM
its a sad website:disturb:

J Prime
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Maibe we shoud do a website like this LOL , was just goofing aroud and ended up with this :

http://jprimeworld.com/pamavava.jpg

Plug 4
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:14 PM
^^ :laugh:

David
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:59 AM
What a stupid site, come on, games are bad. Like they would understand a gamers liking. Its just as saying to stop smoking, but you can't stop because you want more and its addictive "not a smoker if you are thinkin that, lol:laugh: ". Games are good! I don't care what they think about how games are bad influence, but I feel sorry for thier kids, man I would go nuts if my mom followed thier way, and she took away my lovely PS2.

But luckly my mom isn't like that, actually she is a gamer her self, she can't get enough of Mario Party 4 for GameCube
-----------------------------------------------------------

To be forgotten is worse than death...

DSgamer
Dec 28th, 2002, 02:19 AM
we should start and organization called

G.A.M.T.H.B.W.G.
gamers against mothers that have beef with games!!

:evil:

David
Dec 28th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By Gamer

we should start and organization called

G.A.M.T.H.B.W.G.
gamers against mothers that have beef with games!!

Yeah, we should! :laugh:

-------------------------------------------------

To be forgotten is worse than death...

kittens&cats
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:24 AM
I agree with guys that is a stupid site don't those people on
loser site know that video games are not real and if their kids
don't know what real or pretend than they don't need to be
playing video game parents need to stop blaming video games
and start paying attention to what their kids are doing and they
need to take blame themself instead of video games