PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Freezing

genrasian21
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:24 PM
hey!! :laugh:

i've had a problem with my PS2 freezing - any PS2 games i try to play would freeze at random times, it happens every single time and i always need to reset before playing and freezing again

i'm wondering if you guys have any clue on how to fix this problem,
i'll appreciate a lot

thanks,
vic ;)

David
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:34 PM
Is your PS2 old, if not why don't you return it for a new one, but it could be the games, are the games scratched up?

-----------------------------------------

To be forgotten is worse than death...

Dr.Doom
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:46 PM
you might have the dust problem...all you need to fix that is a cd cleaner and to clean the van...dunno hope that helps

Daedaelus
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:50 PM
This belongs in the PSOne & Playstaion 2 FAQ forum, but anyway, the reason could be that your CD lens has been worn out because of constant gaming, it's not your fault. What you should do is send your Playstation 2 back to Sony. If they can't fix it, they will send you a new one at no cost, provided of-course that you did not put in a mod-chip or some other kind of modification in your system.

Fox
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:53 PM
mines old as hell...got it first day it came out...hit the thing, that usually works for me. tap it on the side lightly.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:07 PM
LOL I can see you just nailing your PS2 in the side with a 2x4 or something...that would be funny.

Vicious
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:15 PM
I had a similar problem with my Nintendo 64 where the sound stopped working and eventually so did the picture. If u still have the receipt u can take it back to where u bought your PS2 and they should replace it with a brand new one. When my N64 broke, a guy at the store told me that things like that happen to systems when they are plugged and unplugged too much and too often. He said that it eventually cuts the connection of the wires inside the rubber tube stopping sound and picture. Hope that helps.

Decifer
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:49 AM
man i got my n64 when it came out and it still works perfectly i trashed it, i never cleaned anything on it i spilt drinks on it countless times... i think the 64 is the most durable long lasting console so far. i really dont like cds with the lasers always havin to be cleaned and breakin down...

genrasian21
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:42 AM
I don't have the receipt or even the box that came with it... it's been around a year that I've had it I think.

Hmm I have yet to try a new PS2 game on it... I will rent one from blockbuster and see. I'm wondering if there's a safe way to clean the lens because from what I understand it seems pretty complicated and you need certain tools for it.. or i guess buying a cd lens cleaner is a wiser idea.

=\

genrasian21
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:43 AM
btw i really appreciate all your replies :laugh:

keep em comming!!

PS2Substance Neo
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

LOL I can see you just nailing your PS2 in the side with a 2x4 or something...that would be funny.

Has anyone ever told you that you are very sappy?

Anyways, maybe rent one from Blockbuster and then swap the PS2s?

genrasian21
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:04 PM
sappy? lol

naw.. just trying to act nice

dan da man
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:49 PM
look at the vents at the back of your ps2, u have to clean them out so they dont get blocked up,
and is your ps2 upright or horizontal? that could be the problem!

genrasian21
Dec 25th, 2002, 05:44 AM
it's horizontal and the vents seem clear to me

PS2Substance Neo
Dec 25th, 2002, 01:48 PM
I wasn't calling you sappy, I was calling the pathetic Suzuki that.

genrasian21
Dec 25th, 2002, 03:55 PM
whoops...
real sorry i misread it =X

genrasian21
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Today I bought 2 brand new games: GTA3 Vice City and NBA Streets

I was hoping the new games wont freeze my system but it did the same exact thing. It freezes less than 5 mins into the game each and every time, I didn't even get to play 1 min of the ACTUAL game. :mad:

dan da man
Dec 28th, 2002, 08:31 AM
its got to be your ps2 what is the problem!

genrasian21
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:46 PM
:(

i have no idea but i called sony up today and they said they will repair it for a discounted price of $64

I know it's some kinda internal problem and I don't think I can fix it on my own..

thx for the help though ;)

ToxicUK
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Sony should not charge you for their faulty manufacturing. If you tell em you havent got a mod chip and havent used gameshark or action replay or havent subjected the ps2 to physical abuse, intense heat or used it for too long at one time:roll: