PDA

View Full Version : Battle System For Kingdom Hearts!

Decifer
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:20 PM
who likes the new k-h battle system rather than the ff ones ??

Big Dude
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:02 PM
I like the FF battle system for times when I dont really feel like paying atention to the game, but KH's is good for when you really want to get into it!

Decifer
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Big Dude

I like the FF battle system for times when I dont really feel like paying atention to the game, but KH's is good for when you really want to get into it!

im sorry but that just made NO sense :roll:

mark0™
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:10 AM
I understood it, He likes FF battles for when you dont have to pay attention, you basically give out commands, butwhen he likes a bit more hands on action, he goes for KH.

Big Dude
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Exactly. lol

Beretta55
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:33 PM
kingdom heart's. the style fighting for FF game's are alright but i can easily fall asleep from it. i have before too and the battle system of KH i get into it.

Vicious
Dec 24th, 2002, 06:43 PM
I dont like the FF battle system for when your in a hurry cause it gets annoying to have to stop every 5 seconds and give out commands and stuff to your characters. I like the KH system because the action is really fast and its alot easier to level-up because u can defeat like 100 enemies in 1 minute if your pretty strong.

Decifer
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:51 AM
yeah and if your party is really strong you can leave your game unpaused and let your party members fight and gain you levels while ur upstairs eating and stuff :D but enough of kingdom hearts i just got suikoden III :D

mark0™
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:49 AM
KH is better, I just got it yesterday, what i love is that if i wanna dodge a shot, i can if my reflexes are sharp enough, i dont need to rely on chance :D So much better than FF, the disney characters qre quite cool actually.

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Dude

That's exactly how I feel too about the battle systems! ...and I could NEVER fall asleep durring an FF battle, because I always entertain myself with the Summoning scenes for GFs and Summons... and also the Limit Break scenes always keep me awake too ^_^

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 05:00 PM
I think FF's battle system gets a boring after awhile(even after seeing the summon animation) that is why FFIX is a little better than the other FF's. But as far as Kingdom hearts goes the battle system keeps you focused, like Maximo.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 15th, 2003, 06:23 PM
I played about 3 hrs of KH and 2 1/2 of them were spent choppin up those ghouls which got very boring. And I couldn't gain control of anyone other than Sora...c'mon now.

FF systems make you think...strategize...and allows you to use all of your characters.

FF battle system wins in my mind.

mark0™
Jan 17th, 2003, 12:11 PM
KH can be mostly hammer the X button, but you can use a lot of Strategy! It's not as easy to do since you don't have direct control on Goofy and Donald, but you can still strategise a little. But whats better? 2 1/2 hours of battering your pad making split second decisions and dodging enemy attacks? Or 2 1/2 hours of sitting back, and casually issuing commands then letting the Enemy take a free attack back at you?

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:22 PM
I thought you had to make split second decisions on the FF games.

mark0™
Jan 17th, 2003, 07:47 PM
I dunno bout that, in some FF's the battle time was limited so you had to act quickly, but I think you could change all that in your options so the game pauses until you make your move, It pauses for you in FFX right?

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Eh, I like to take my time while I battle, lets me get deeper into the battle when I'm able to think...

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by mark0

I dunno bout that, in some FF's the battle time was limited so you had to act quickly, but I think you could change all that in your options so the game pauses until you make your move, It pauses for you in FFX right?

They did let you pause for FFX and I was hoping they'd stick with that. WHen I said what I said I was talking about the game with ATB(I didn't forget about FFX)