PDA

View Full Version : What's in your avatar?

Jolie
Dec 22nd, 2002, 08:45 PM
I don't know if it's been asked, but considering avatars change everyday, I'll ask anyway. I know the characters or subjects in some people avatars, but I completely ignore what most of them are about.

What's in your avatar and why did you choose it?

I think many people know that Rinoa Heartilly is in my avatar. I picked her mainly because I was playing FF8 when choosing the avatar ( and I still have to complete the game after all this time :heh: ).

Nelo Angelo
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:12 PM
For some reason this reminds of the commercials that say "What's in your wallet?" O_o

But it's Dante, from Devil May Cry. I chose him because.......uh.......I like Devil May Cry. o_O

MakgSnake
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:14 PM
I needed a good Solid Snake picture...and when I saw this one....really made me happy. So I decided to put it up.

As I always matches my Avatar to my banner, it isn't the same case this time around. My avatar is blue and the banner is Black and White.

But what common about the two things are, ........I have Solid Snake's side pose on both the things. As you can see the right side of Solid Snake in both the images, and keeping in mind that they are not the same pics. So this time it isn't color, but the image's picture style.

Infernal Mass
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:25 PM
the avatar i selected exhibits excellence in it's purest form.

DragonSphere
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:29 PM
Got the ass-kicking Hotsuma from Shinobi as my avatar.

IcyMourdor
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:26 PM
CHOBI!

The cutest little chocobo in anything related to FF (Final Fantasy Unlimited). He is one of my favorite characters in the series. My title goes along with it. "Kweh" is the speech of chocobos.

Vic Viper
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:27 AM
Heather, main character from Konami's survival horror adventure Silent Hill 3.

Frozen
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

For some reason this reminds of the commercials that say "What's in your wallet?" O_o

But it's Dante, from Devil May Cry. I chose him because.......uh.......I like Devil May Cry. o_O

You should trade your avatar for mine, pal :D

Mine, as for those who don't know, it's Nelo Angelo from Devil May Cry, one of the most badass enemies I have ever seen in a videogame, and definitely one of my favorites.

DSgamer
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:03 AM
mine's solid snake, because im waiting 2 get 50 post, so i can put my real avatar lol:P

mark0™
Dec 23rd, 2002, 05:36 AM
C'mon, how could you not like Tony Soprano?

Rei
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:47 AM
What a surprise.... Guess what? Mine is Rei Ayanami from Evangelion :P

dan da man
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:19 AM
my avatar is solid snake/pliskin from metal gear solid 2

i have it because i am a great fan of metal gear series!

Gadzoox
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:06 AM
I honestly dont know who mine is but I thought she looked the most like me. Plus I liked her expression, I tend to 'quirk my brow' like that alot.

I would have a custom one but my laptop is stupid and can't have the file size low or something, it'll never let my upload! Ah well.

Soul Angel
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:17 AM
Right this moment in time my avatar is Lu Xun from Dynasty Warriors 3, who happens to be my favourite character in the game.

Pu the Owl
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:38 PM
Jude Law is in my avatar, because he's soooo cute I couldn't resist :love: Ok, cute ain't the right word maybe, but there are children around :laugh:

Pu the Owl
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:38 PM
Jude Law is in my avatar, because he's soooo cute I couldn't resist :love: Ok, cute ain't the right word maybe, but you know, there are children around :laugh:

Beretta55
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:43 PM
It's vash from trigun. dont know i just like him and that picture of the moon behind him i think it's neat:laugh:

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:45 PM
Mine's just something I knocked together. It has no meaning or anything, I was just messing about in Photoshop and thought 'That's simple, yet effective - that'll do'...

- S

Deathwatchz
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure exactly where they got the pic for this dark wizard, but I picked it because it represents my persona. i'm seen as the wierd one, all in black, which doesn't mix with the crowd, so I think this fits.

Fayteless
Dec 23rd, 2002, 11:49 PM
Eccentrically, I put time and thought in selecting my avatar. Though some people may disagree, an avatar is made to be a resemblance and similitude of you as a person. In my case, I chose Ruyan from Forever Kingdom. Though I'm not a big fan of Forever Kingdom, I found that Ruyan fit my persona quite accurately. I'm sincere and caring, which I find in Ruyan. I am truthful to my close friends, which Ruyan is to Darius in Forever Kingdom. Most importantly, I enjoy competion, but find struggle within myself, for I am a peaceful person, even in conflicting situations. Ruyan seems to come close to my personality in some aspects, therefore I chose this avatar. Selecting this as my avatar, will represent my personality in every post. I hope this has had a good first impression on you all, for it's my first post. Thanks. :P

kupoartist
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:09 PM
didn't really do a good job with my avatar... i'm no good at heads anyway, but as it had to go with the sig, I couldn't exactly do an avy of the arms or somthing :laugh:

Chara
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:02 AM
I picked my avatar because it represents me somewhat. I always seem troubled about something or thinking and I never take off my glasses. Only when I sleep.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:37 AM
Mine is Crono from Chrono Trigger because he is a lot like me. He doesn't talk much and my favorite weapon of all time is the katana.

Pu the Owl
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Chara

I picked my avatar because it represents me somewhat. I always seem troubled about something or thinking and I never take off my glasses. Only when I sleep.

I think your avatar is one of the cutest I've seen around here. For some reason it seems "realistic" and sweet at the same time, even if the character is not a real one. It's like looking at you sitting in front of the monitor of your PC :D

Cannibal Clown
Dec 26th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Ha ha ha ha, looky looky, I don't have one. But just look at it, in a way, the dak void has it's own unique qualities, which could never be captured with an avatar like any other. The blank spot of doom, where perhaps a face really is, but shrouded in mystery, this face will never be seen.

Actually, after i got rid of my sigs, sooner or later i just dropped the avatar as well. I might get one sooner or later, as soon as i can find more pics of Sorata from the new X series.

Redpyramidhead
Dec 26th, 2002, 03:24 PM
It's James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2. I am like him in certain ways...and can picture myself going on an acid trip of a journey like his for a lost love or something through long dark halls of depression...yearning for answers perhaps...only to become more lost. Etc...

_RED_ stuff

Chara
Dec 27th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Fortune
It's like looking at you sitting in front of the monitor of your PC :D

That is what I was aiming for when I picked this avatar. ;)

Sleazy P Martini
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Strong Bad. Check out his email (http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html)

Gadzoox
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:06 PM
I just re-did mine. I FINALLY found a site that gives free image hosting!!! So I'm taking advantage and making my own sigs and avatars! Whee!

This is a photograph of a cement street lamp I took while downtown.

There are random 'graffitti stickers'; people take these large white stickers and draw on them with a Sharpie.

I happened to love this idea so i took a picture! Sometimes you can find them in a row and they make up a little story if they are intact. Very fun to spend an afternoon looking for em! I have no life! ;)

AudioBoxer
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Come on how could u not like mine? I need to find one, anything I dont care!