PDA

View Full Version : Are games too expensive?

richardramirezs
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:03 PM
Do you guys think PS2 games are too expensive? I know in the US games cost like $45, but here any game costs more than $100, so I sometimes buy used on Ebay, or here,really good quality copyes at about $8, here everyone has a chip on theyr ps2 and copyes are sold by thousands, I think its the same on other countries, so if the makers of the games really droped the prices, probably they will sell more games and make more profit than now. What do you think??

Beretta55
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:28 PM
i think the price's are fine at 50$ doller's. dont blame the companies blame pirater's who copy game's. that's one reason why game's are alot of money.

IcyMourdor
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:49 PM
Not really, I expect to pay $35-$50 per game. It doesn't bother me much as I can get a decent discount on the games I buy.

dan da man
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:27 PM
yes they are to expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
£39.99 most places, i will pay these prices but can get used games which are like half he price!

Soul Angel
Dec 22nd, 2002, 05:39 PM
Right this moment in time I think PS2 games are quite reasonably priced. As long as the game prices don't go up, I don't think the games are too expensive.

DragonSphere
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:48 PM
Well, it's just fine and dandy if you ACTUALLY have a job or allowance money. But for people like me, who have neither and are under age, can rarely get games unless you're some rich dude.

J Prime
Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:55 PM
well, here they are 80$, I think its ok, always been that price,

Jolie
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:03 PM
Definitely yes, they're too expensive where I live. That's why I don't get many games, but I try to buy only the ones I love the most and the ones I absolutely want to play :(

MakgSnake
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:03 PM
I dont know, I think they are pretty alright.....not that expensive, but I hate it when a game is priced at $79.99 (Canadian). That really gets me and Tomb Raider is priced that! :mad:

But I really dont mind the $69.99 (Canadian) and I love Sony Entertainment Game's Prices, they are ALWAYS $58.99 or $59.99, which I think is a great thing!!.!!

And not to mention, the greatest hits prices, very very nice! :D

Gadzoox
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by J Prime

well, here they are 80$, I think its ok, always been that price,

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!! I even have a job and have to wait to buy it used for $50, and that's only if I'm desperate!!!! I like the Greatest Hit's prices though, $29.99 is perfect! :)

Plug 4
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:23 PM
yes games are too expansive..for exemple the other day my mom bought suikoden III at eb games..the game was 79.99$ and with the taxes it came out to 92$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit i know ebgames are always 5$ more but damn the game was sold everywhere...shit 92$$ that's a lot!

richardramirezs
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:24 PM
Well, I still think they are too expensive, maybe for you folks that live in north america $50 is not much, but for the people that live in not so economically developed countries, thats enough $$ to buy food for a week, and the majority of the families earn like $300 a month so not many can afford a new game, thats why they buy copies, 'cause like you, they really love the PS2. Can you blame us?? Do you know, once a game is finished, how much it costs for the companies to make copies of it? $1?$2??

Frozen
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

i think the price's are fine at 50$ doller's. dont blame the companies blame pirater's who copy game's. that's one reason why game's are alot of money.

When you stop recieving your games from mommy and daddy, and get them with the money you produce on you own, let's talk again.

the only valid reason I find for the games being this expensive, is the fact that the companies don't make money out of the consoles, but out of the games, since the consoles, with the price drops they've had, mean loss to them.

But I bet they could sell the games 10-15 dollars less and they would still make profit.

THEY ARE EXPENSIVE.

And I understand you, richardramirez, and it is true as well, that if games were cheaper, there would be less piracy around.

richardramirezs
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:58 PM
I also agree with FROZEN, but do you know if SONY makes much of a profit with other companies selling games for the PS2?, 'cause if it they do, they could drop theyr game prices and still make a lot of $$ from other game developers, but if they dont, I guess thats the only way for them to make a profit other than from selling consoles.;)

Vicious
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:58 PM
If i remember correctly Nintendo 64 games used to cost $60, but i could be wrong.

Beretta55
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

If i remember correctly Nintendo 64 games used to cost $60, but i could be wrong.
yeah i think your right. even wwf no mercy still cost's 60$. 64 game's were way too overpriced IMO.

Infernal Mass
Dec 24th, 2002, 08:42 PM
frozen brought up some good points.

I agree games are too expensive.. what bothers me the most are games that aren't worth the value of others but yet still cost the same as the better ones.

MakgSnake
Dec 25th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal
I agree games are too expensive.. what bothers me the most are games that aren't worth the value of others but yet still cost the same as the better ones.
Like Legends Of Wrestling II, costing a whopping $79.99! :shock: You wish "The Creators".....!

Chara
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I think games could use a heavy price drop. 50 bucks is way to much for a cd that cost less than 5 dollars to make. The game developers have already got paid so its the CEO and other company bosses that are getting fatter wallets.

Most people in the gaming business get more money than they need and they show it with the countless mustangs, vipers, etc. that they have. They could do with a 15 dollar price drop.

But I'd doubt they'll do it since people will continue buying console games no matter how high they are (steel batallion? 200 bucks?!). In the PC market its a different story since its so easy to aquire to obtain a pirated copy. Hell, I am even guilty of having a few pirated games...

EDIT: And the reason N64 games are so expensive is because they were in the cartridge format. Its way more expensive to manufacture a CD than a cartidge so the prices go up. This is why everyone switched to the CD/DVD format. Well... aside from the fact a CD/DVD can hold much more data than a cartridge, that is.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:22 AM
I think they are alright, but if they did cut the prices down $10-15 that would be even better. The only real problem I have with the gaming industry is how a GBA and GBC cost the same amount