PDA

View Full Version : a little competition if ur not tooo busy............

solidus-snake
Feb 19th, 2002, 01:40 PM
i wondered if any of u werent busy we cud have banner competitions and each month or so we cud set a theme to what the banner cud b based on..... im no good at banners and stuff so i cud b the judge also having other votes from people to help me
if n e 1 is interested post here! id also like sum 1 to make me 1 so we cud start with a devil may cry banner for me and i cud pick which was best and then progress from that making new themes every month or so once we have decided the length of each banner comp we cud close the comp and choose the winner over a week or so what do u say?
if ur interested post ur name in here
the first theme is: devil may cry this ones 4 me cus i have a rubbish pic not a banner
if this comp is soundin rubbish and no 1 joins can sum 1 make me a banner plz????
Thanx alot i hope u like my idea.......................

solidus-snake
Feb 19th, 2002, 01:46 PM
at least no 1 will get bored hehe............
good luck too all remember put ur name here and say what u think so far..............

Soul Angel
Feb 19th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Okay I think this thread will do better in General chat

But sure I'll have ago at your competition if you want ;)

Killuminati
Feb 19th, 2002, 06:24 PM
i'm up for it, thugh not for the first competition im busy lately with work, friends, school etc.

Spirit
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:02 PM
I'm up for it, I think it'll be something good for a change =P

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 19th, 2002, 09:45 PM
I don't even know how to make one....pff I'm pathetic!

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 20th, 2002, 09:05 AM
I'll compete in this little competition. ;)

solidus-snake
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:06 PM
thanx all how long shall the 1st competition be?
note: 1 person can post 1 banner sos but u cant have too many so make sure the one you put in is a great one!
n e way keep postin every1, we need as many as we can get!
p.s dont worry sword 4 hire i cant do banners thats why im the judge lol!!!:rolleyes:

x157anz
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Yes i will give it a go as soon as i get a decent graphics proggy.
O ... and im back from my Hols :)

solidus-snake
Feb 20th, 2002, 01:34 PM
ok post the banner here once it has been dun but dont rush!
ill have to start decidin on future banners to make hmmm i know what about.............. nah ill keep that a secret itll b funny to do lol
and good luck to all!
hey i wonder if we cud make this a comp so the person who wins every week gets there banner posted at the start of the site where it mensions the thing to do, thats what u win, to get ur banner shown to every1 showin the theme, and name of person if the admins would agree it cud b quite popular? what do u think?

Rei
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:28 PM
I think the idea for a banner competition is very good, but I'm not sure the DMC theme is good.
If you need a banner, Fortune could do it for you, if she's not busy. You shoud ask her and tell her what do you want in it.

As for the competition, I think everyone should be able to post at least three banners, the theme is free.
We could wait 2 or 3 weeks for the presentations of all the banners and then members could vote for the best three of them.
We also could make a little page for all of them. :)

Soul Angel
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:36 PM
That sounds like a pretty good idea Rei, I like it :D
But now I'm a bit confused on which way this competition is going, are we still doing it as chipmunk2's way or Rei's way :confused: :rolleyes:

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:49 PM
Hey Chipmunk,Why dont i be the judge since i dont intend to take part in your competition.

Pu the Owl
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:34 PM
I think this is a nice idea too.
Rei's rules seem to be a bit clearer and easier to understand :p
Anyway, I don't think we need a judge: I think we should allow all members not involved in the competition to vote.

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:47 PM
eh, i just find stuff for my sig. banners tend to grow old.
i`ve got chocobo`s for the time being.
look at them! little baby chocobos!

Pu the Owl
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:49 PM
Those chocobos are soooo cute!!!

*sighs*

Buy me a Chocobo!

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:54 PM
they should come out with baby chocobo dolls.
*In announcers voice*
Wouldnt you love to have one of these?

*btw, i changed me avatar, so no one get confused. this is your WARNING.

Pu the Owl
Feb 22nd, 2002, 09:57 PM
Of course I'd like to get a chocobo doll and a moogle doll together in the same package :D

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:04 PM
moogles arent as cute as chocobos! nyeh!:p
so you get a moogle. no chocobo though! cuz its mine! mwahahah! mine!!

Pu the Owl
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:07 PM
There are dozens of available chocobos around, so don't be afraid: I won't steal your personal chocobo.I think a moogle and a chocobos should be together and be good friends. Adding to that, you will be able to understand what a chocobo is trying to say if you ask a moogle :kupo:

Hadoken
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:14 PM
aww shoot. my chocobo ran away with the moogle once they found out that the moogle was gettin sent away.
guess i`ll have to buy a new pair.
but i`ve tried asking a moogle before. all it does is squeak!
i fed it too many kupo nuts the other day too, and now its too fat and cant fly!

*voice*
Now approching reality checkpoint. lol

x157anz
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:38 PM
:roll: :roll: Dont mean to be rude but... WTF is a chocobo and a moogle ?! :laugh:

Soul Angel
Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by x157anz
:roll: :roll: Dont mean to be rude but... WTF is a chocobo and a moogle ?! :laugh:

Chocobos and Moogles come from the Final Fantasy series, Chocobos are the large yellow birds which you can ride while moogles are these little creatures with wings and that basically this is a moogle > :kupo:

solidus-snake
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:48 AM
ok reis idea is good and i have just gone and lost my sig so i need a new banner but id prefer a metal gear solid 2 one plz if thats not too much trouble fortune ok start makin those banners and gaseous snake u cud judge wit me its best to have more than 1 judge n e how i guess......
i hated that max payne game so i traded it 4 mgs2 good deal eh?
i think i might make a new nickname as this 1s rubbish ill contact u all to the new 1 ok?