PDA

View Full Version : Will The Psone Ever Die ????

ludaman99
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:31 PM
as much as i love my old psone i was wonderin with the ps2 and xbox and gcube and all wouldnt the psone kinda die since most peeps have a next gen console by now or by xmas anyway.

O yea and are they still makin psone games ????

mark0™
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:43 PM
They werr making PSone games after the release of PS", im sure theres a few going around yet, but very little I would Guess, It's funny, in 5 years time, we'll all dis out our PS2's which we so frantically acquired for the next new thing, its kinda sad actually :(

ludaman99
Dec 19th, 2002, 04:45 PM
uh..................................... ok ???????????????????? :shock:

dan da man
Dec 19th, 2002, 05:01 PM
ps1 will die in years to come!
but dont forget ps1 is not in war with ps2, xbox, gamecube. it was in war with n64 and dreamcast the last genration! ps1 survived and went to live on, the others didnt do so well!

Ninja
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:58 PM
i think sony, has and will keep creating the best consoles out

MakgSnake
Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:19 AM
I dont know when will PsOne perish. Its just a great great great system........something like what TETRIS is......... it'll live forever or something.......

It still sells well in the market..... more then 50 sold in the last weeks time at my store........so yeah! And companies still make games like Treasure Planet and the NFL/NHL/NBA games are still being released.

The system is just toooo good!

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Oh, I thought this thread was about a new James Bond movie. I can imagine the theme song now "Will the PSone EVEEEER Diiiiiiie..." I don't know what those doctors are talking about, I don't need medication!

Silent Assassin
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:05 PM
I beleive the PS1 will die like most of the old gaming machines did(including the 1's that just started to get popular again)...i beleive that the reason that the ps1 is still alive is because of how it did soo well ...ok remeber back when N64 came out...but Nintendo had a huge rival SONY ...and PS1 was invented..and thats when the gaming buisness hit it big which is now the fastest growing buisness ever...soo basicly what also could Be said is that since the PS2 can take PS1 games..that might be reminding PS2 gamers about the PS1...o well thats what i think
peace:shock:

DjFoxFire
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:21 AM
it shal die sometime...in the meantime i just cant wait until 2005 ps3 ;)

hijakedGTR
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:00 AM
[SPOILER]

http://www.worsethings.co.uk/images/PreARC/pirate%202.jpg

It's a no brainer :roll:
Everyone got a ps1 because they could get games of their mates with a burner for like 40 cents for the cost of a CD-r

merylsilverburg
Mar 26th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mark0

It's funny, in 5 years time, we'll all dis out our PS2's which we so frantically acquired for the next new thing, its kinda sad actually :(

How very true.
I think the PS1 will die....maybe in a few years or so, but like Makg said, they're still making some games on there...like a few months(?) ago, they had that game..."Italian Chase" or something like that (or "Italian Job" I forget :P). Reviewers said it's a great game and worth to buy if you still enjoy PS1 games. :)

REDVWIN
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:24 PM
The PSX will still survive.... Just remember that we have the PS-ONE... it's THE BEST PORTABLE SYSTEM around... yes.. the GBA is good... but... the PS-ONE technology is BETTER... just read about the disappointment of some NINTENDO players that recognized that the GBA didn't fullfilled their spectarives as a console that could be better than the SNES... The PS-ONE is better and has a great LIBRARY... the GBA... well... pretty old GB games.... classics... but old... and the actual games... well... they don't "SHINE"... for example... METROID FUSION is great but cant beat SUPER METROID in any aspect... GBA is for 2d GAMING... PS-ONE is THE BEST PORTABLE CONSOLE for 3d gaming... and it's "COMPATIBLE" with the PSX (They're the EXACTLY THE SAME thing)... so... what do u think now... will the PSX be doomed in this days or years? (I personally DON'T THINK SO).

Ah... one last favor... How do u give format to an already used PS2 memory card?? I don't have a GAMESHARK, SHARKPORT or sort of those things... I hope u can help me with that.

ToxicUK
Apr 25th, 2003, 05:28 PM
I know what your saying about piracy... someone I used to be friends with - when you walked into his spare room it was filled with CD-Rs - he sld piles of PS1 games for ppl who had them chipped - and he also sold modchips - I coulda turned him in but thats not what being a good friend is about... I think he got caught sometime after we fell out a couple of years back.