PDA

View Full Version : Beebop Gear Solid

MakgSnake
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Ok I love voice overs, and I get easily attracted to games and cartoons that has amazing voice overs......they are really great part of the animation, and I mean really GREAT!!! (For me)

But as I was surfing the net, checking some sites for David Hayter and his voice over works, I stepped on THIS (http://voices.fuzzy.com/actor.idc?actor_id=2199) site.

Now if you scroll down you will notice some error.... David Hayter giving voice overs for Spike Spiegel???... Noway, ....Every Cowboy Beebop fan would know that it was "David Lucas" who gave voice overs for Spike, not David Hayter.

But then again....these sites are mostly created by fan series.
What I am disappointed about is that its bad to look at a fan who doesn't know what David Hayter worked on, even goes for if you are Cowboy Beebop fan.

Neways, Just wanted to discuss, as its more of Cowboy Beebop topic then of a Metal Gear. :)

Vic Viper
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:35 PM
so weird, click on this link (http://voices.fuzzy.com/show.idc?show_id=2411) , makg. scroll down on bottom page..

its says..

Spike Spiegal David Lucas All English Episodes
Spike Spiegel David Hayter ALL English Versions

huh ?? :confused:

mark0™
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:53 PM
I saw David Hayter in the credits for a film (the scorpion king, i really reaslly hated it ) He was a senior Producer, although it may not be the voice of Solid Snake David Hayter, but might be! Think ill look it up when i got some time.

MakgSnake
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Hmm...thats strange, ..... I have never seen David Hayter's name at the end of Cowboy Beebop's episodes credits. Its always David Lucas.

But, that thing King, could have been a follow up mistake of another fan after seeing the previous fan or something........It is really confusing.

But it says "All English Episodes"..... and then "All English Version"

Whats the different.... I thought all were dubbed... as they were made in Japanese. Were any of the Cowboy Beebop series made in ENGLISH FIRST?..?

... :confused:

mark0™
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Check it out, hes listed here for Cowboy Bebop

http://voices.fuzzy.com/actor.idc?actor_id=2199

EDIT Oh and he is a screenwrite too!!

Mr. Hayter's screenplay credits include co-writing the smash hits X-MEN and THE SCORPION KING. He is currently working on the upcoming sci-fi epics X-MEN 2 and RIDDICK: PITCH BLACK 2, and is writing and producing the new fantasy TV series LOST IN OZ. Mr. Hayter is also an actor, with appearances in DRIVE, BURN and X-MEN, as well as voice-over work on the animated TV series SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED and the video game METAL GEAR: SOLID

Taken from here (http://scriptwritersnetwork.com/)
Scroll down and youll see it!

The guys got heavy influences in Anime and Hollywood, I thought he was a random bum picked for the voice of Snake coz of his gruff voice lol.

EDIT!!! I just notice, i used the same link as you Mak!!!! Sorry!!!! I didnt click on the link on your post :(

Vic Viper
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hmm...thats strange, ..... I have never seen David Hayter's name at the end of Cowboy Beebop's episodes credits. Its always David Lucas.

But, that thing King, could have been a follow up mistake of another fan after seeing the previous fan or something........It is really confusing.

But it says "All English Episodes"..... and then "All English Version"

Whats the different.... I thought all were dubbed... as they were made in Japanese. Were any of the Cowboy Beebop series made in ENGLISH FIRST?..?

... :confused:

am as confused as u are.:laugh: but yea, i think its just a mistake or something.:roll:

MakgSnake
Dec 18th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by mark0
The guys got heavy influences in Anime and Hollywood, I thought he was a random bum picked for the voice of Snake coz of his gruff voice lol.
Nope, like you mentioned the facts, he has gotten all those movies, his first written project (Major one) was X-men as you mentioned and because of that he wasn't sure if he could give time to Kojima for the Voice overs for MGS2.

It says he has Co-written......X-men, but he actually wrote most of the movie. I remember reading his interview back in 1999, in which he said "I am working in the Up-comming X-men, title but I cannot mention what exactly I am doing on the project", made me think that he was going to be one of the X-men XD .

He is writting the Screenplay for "The HULK" as well, coming Summer 2003.

He even has produced and starred in his own Production, and made the movie "BURN"... which did bad at the box office. The guy is really well known in Hollywood and is getting more and more famous.

Well back to the topic :D
I am pretty sure its a bad mistake, because of bad/poor fans. :mad:

I'll check again in some sites and end credits of one of the Episodes as well.

mark0™
Dec 19th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
It says he has Co-written......X-men, but he actually wrote most of the movie. I remember reading his interview back in 1999, in which he said "I am working in the Up-comming X-men, title but I cannot mention what exactly I am doing on the project", made me think that he was going to be one of the X-men XD .

Im not sure bout that, you see, He was in the original Xmen movie, he played a cop in it, but maybe as he was a lowly part in the movie, he may return as a mutant in the next film, jus maybe.

Frozen
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Maybe this will sound absolutely stupid, but could it be that David Hayter voice-acts for the Brittish dub of Cowboy Bebop? I don't even know if there is one, but that is the only thing that comes to my mind... although it sounds quite stupid XD

MakgSnake
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by mark0
he may return as a mutant in the next film, jus maybe.
That would be really cool, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Hes not the best when it comes to acting, I think.

But Frozen, you may be right....... this thing really confuses me. But although I think David Hayter's voice would suit amazingly well on Spike's character (As he is one extra cool character as well).