PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever lie?

Jolie
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Do you ever lie or lie a lot? In which occasions?
Do you think telling lies is a good way to avoid difficulties or a way to degrade yourself? Do you feel guilty after telling lies or do you simply consider it as daily routine?

IcyMourdor
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:13 AM
I try not to, but in some situations, I can't help but to lie. If I have to, I don't feel guilty about it. I suck at lying, so if they believe me, its their fault for falling for it.

Cannibal Clown
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:32 AM
I'm usually 100% honest with just about everything i say, but a lot of the times it comes back and hurts me. Like saying how you truely feel about something, can be offending to others, no matter how sincere and non offending i try to make it sound, or other times when i'm just too stupid to realize that certain things shouldn't be said, and should be kept a lie, or secret, or whatever you can think of to keep from telling the truth about.

But usually, when i do lie, i'm not one to regret it, because i find that most of the time, it was the best thing to do, and not everyone should know the truth about everything. The hidden secret crap that we all have in our lives are most of the time meant for us to keep to ourself, or at least it'd be better to do so. Keeps yourself from getting hurt along with others getting hurt by the truth, that is alwyas far worse than a lie that at least can keep one feeling that their life is still okay. But the truth never leaves a good trail behind it, because the truth sucks.

Deathwatchz
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:47 AM
the times that I lie, i'm not bothered by it, because i dont care about the people i'm lying to. i dont lie to people i care about, and when i have some personal stuff i dont want out. i will tell them straight up "i dont wanna talk about that"

fantasytiger
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:08 PM
actualy maybe i need to start lieing because usualy people that ask me for the truth usely get offended by it i mean if someone askes me does this fit and the sems are coming off it i am going to tell then straight up oohhhh h*** no thats just me

:kupo:.......(trys on mog armor)

dan da man
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:19 PM
i say the truth alot, but only lie when i need to, very rare!

fantasytiger
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:33 PM
hey jolie i like the name i know someone with that same name i know that person better then anyone.

ohhh but anyways why don't you introduce yourself start a new thread so everyone here can welcome you ;)

:kupo:..............:confused:

Solid: Auron
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:37 PM
LoL i have friend and one day we were at a college football game, tailgating before an dsome kids were messin with us so we started doin stuff to them and they got a cop an di remember sweet talkin that cop out of getting us in trouble

kupoartist
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:35 PM
only when the lie isn't about myself or too outragous... I usually end up laughing or feeling funny in those cases. Most of the time I don't tell lies... I don't really see telling people what they want to hear as lying...

Frozen
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by fantasytiger

hey jolie i like the name i know someone with that same name i know that person better then anyone.

ohhh but anyways why don't you introduce yourself start a new thread so everyone here can welcome you ;)

:kupo:..............:confused:

She's been here months before you registered :evil:

As some of you have said it before, I only lie when there's some "special" situatins that recquire to either lie, or just hide the truth. But I'm not one that will lie as to hurt someone or take advantage of another person, usually just to keep them from getting feelings hurt, or to keep myself out from certain trouble.

Daniel Legge
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:07 PM
well i dont lie very much, the times when i do are when i think it will be better, like when somebody i dont like is tryin to talk to me and i dont want to talk to them so i say im busy rather then sayin i dont want to. i dont lie if its something very important tho.

Plug 4
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:16 PM
yes i do lie..sometimes not often though

Vicious
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Being a good lier is a good skill to have, even though it doesn't mean u should do it all the time.

Ninja
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:35 PM
im the LIAR in my family, i always have had that skill, you know, making a lie that can b backed up, or making small lies, however, my lies are always lies that can never be caught easily, there's allways a puzzle in my lies

ssjtrunks13
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
As some of you have said it before, I only lie when there's some "special" situatins that recquire to either lie, or just hide the truth. But I'm not one that will lie as to hurt someone or take advantage of another person, usually just to keep them from getting feelings hurt, or to keep myself out from certain trouble.

Me neither. If my parents ask about my grades and they aren't upto their expectations I tried to hide my report card and tell them I am not getting any Fs cause as long as I don't have any Fs they are happy and most of what I remember of the past is my parents yelling and scolding me because of my grades.

Chara
Dec 18th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Most of the time I prefer to tell the truth but if it is absolutely necessary I do lie. When I do lie it is convincing since my lies are reasonable and my tone or pitch of my voice doesnt change.

Rei
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:34 AM
Sometimes lies are necessary, for example to not face misunderstandings later. The people who are close to you may not understand some situations (not for their fault, but because it's not that anybody can understand anything about others) and trying to motivate some of your personal choices is hard and could cause sufferings when it's not needed. In these cases I lie. Not great lies anyway. Also, in some moments I lie without a reason, like silly lies of no importance (when I'm late, when I don't want to talk to a certain person in a certain moment or stuff like that). I think lies are part of everybody's daily life, more or less. There's nobody who never lies during a lifetime, I suppose.

Jolie
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by fantasytiger

As Frozen said, I've been here for some months, as you can see from my join date :right: Do I need to introduce myself once again?!? It's only that I don't post dozens of threads, but introducing myself after more than 3 months would be weird, heh...

Thanks for caring, anyways! :laugh:

Yuna
Dec 22nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
I never lie, unless it's for...

- Christmas, if someone asks "Did you buy me anything yet?" I answer no, while I do have a present for them :)
- School, if I forgot my homework.

And if I do lie, I feel guilty for the rest of the year. XD