PDA

View Full Version : GameCube successor...?

Daedaelus
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:48 PM
IGN Cube (http://cube.ign.com)

"GameCube Successor in Development
Nintendo collaborates with NEC.

December 13, 2002 - Bloomberg is reporting that Nintendo is planning to collaborate with electronics giant NEC on the creation of the GameCube's next-generation hardware successor. The home console, which sources have indicated could debut in 2005 against Sony's PlayStation 3, is still without an official title or codename.
NEC previously supplied the graphics chip for Sega's Dreamcast and Nintendo's GameCube, and has recently invested 40 billion yen into the creation of a new production factory in Kumamoto, Japan.

NEC is working on developing a system LSI that would serve as the core of the new game console.

The continued Nintendo alliance with NEC comes in response to Sony and Toshiba's stronghold on the videogame market, according to Bloomberg.

We will have more on this news soon. Stay tuned."

dan da man
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:29 AM
cool news, cant w8 til ps3

Beretta55
Dec 18th, 2002, 12:00 PM
im starting to get mad at all thse companies throwing these new system's at you quickly. even though they have been out for a year im quite comfortable with my system's. then they will stop making games on ps2,xbox and GC and will force you to buy their new system's.....it's evil!!:laugh:

Daedaelus
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

im starting to get mad at all thse companies throwing these new system's at you quickly. even though they have been out for a year im quite comfortable with my system's. then they will stop making games on ps2,xbox and GC and will force you to buy their new system's.....it's evil!!:laugh:

I agree, it's some kind of conspiracy and all the system companies are in it together. :P

Vicious
Dec 18th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Sounds cool. Im glad nintendo's stayin in the game.

MakgSnake
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:02 PM
I think the Next Gen consoles should be released in 2006 (Fall). ...... Let the developers really consume and utilize the current existing console's power.

Still I do wanna know more about the Next Gen consoles still, just dont want them out in the market soon! Common!!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:13 PM
I know, as soon as I got a gameboy color I was already hearing news about the GBA. Next, when I get my GBA it'll probably about a year before the new gameboy comes out.(I hope not though).

Frozen
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

I agree with what you said, except for that smiley. I don't think it's a luaghing matter.

Well, I relly don't care much, by then I will have already bought a big lot of games for my 4 systems and enjoyed them a lot. I may buy the other generation consoles about a year after they are released, just the same way I just did with the ones I have right now.

kupoartist
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:00 PM
i swear the news sites reported this a while back and then said it again... only then they also mentioned the next generation of Game Boy... now i'd be very interested in that, but a new Nintendo tv console isn't so interesting... It'll probably end up being underpowered and full of like 95% kiddy games, but that isn't always such a bad thing :happy:

GaseousSnake
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Can you pls define a kiddy game?

kupoartist
Dec 19th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
Can you pls define a kiddy game?
its just a term I hear thrown around a lot by PC, PS2 or XBOX users / idiots... the general idea is that anything thats considered "cutesy", "simple" or "cartoony" is "childish" in its appearance, which is true to a teeny extent... but the conception tends to be that the gameplay is simple also - which is not really true now, is it?

in general its usually just put down to the "only every 10th game has dismemberment rather than jumping on peoples' heads philosophy" that nintendo consoles follow. not a bad thing really, but it does kind of give the impression that the Gamecube is the choice of kids or childish peoples to the uninitiated....

GaseousSnake
Dec 20th, 2002, 08:51 AM
If Nintendo games werent kiddy 10 or 15 years ago,why the hell are they kiddy now?

kupoartist
Dec 20th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
If Nintendo games werent kiddy 10 or 15 years ago,why the hell are they kiddy now?
because 10 or 15 years ago they were, but they weren't considered "kiddy games" because back then, the technology didn't exist to make "realistic" and therefore "adult" games... everyone made "kiddy" games, so they were the most mature around at the time.

MakgSnake
Dec 30th, 2002, 09:47 PM
One more thing I SERIOULSY want in the NEXT GEN NINTENDO console is that the capability to play NGC games on it. Please Nintendo, please do that for us!!! :sick: