PDA

View Full Version : Animes on the big screen

Vicious
Dec 17th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Why is it that an anime has never been in theaters. They have stupid cartoons like Pokemon and Digimon on the big screen, but they dont have good animes like Akira in theaters. I know that if animes went into theaters tons of people would want to see them, i know i would.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 02:35 PM
I've been wondering the same thing and you never know who'll go to see them just because they are in theatres..

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:07 PM
They do get theatrical releases. Anything with an american rating (PG, PG-13, R, etc) have had theatrical releases. Sadly though, these only hit select theaters, and that is often very, very few.

The latest I can think of is "Spirited Away." It was out a few months back.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Where was it released? I didn't see it in any theatres in VA.

Cannibal Clown
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Anime movies are always being shown on te big screen, but it's always in places where the companies know that they will make money. Like where i live, wisconsin, a place with not much of a large population, and not many known anime fans, we wont get anime anime in theaters around here, unless it's in madisin or milwaukee, where the theaters will surely get viewers. Like suzuki said, spirited away was probally one of the last animes shown in the theaters, along with others, like when princess mononoke came out, it was in over a third of the theaters around the country, but movies like cowboy bebop knockin on heavens door, was only shown in a few places like LA and New York. It's just a matter of how large of a city you live in. I live in a quite small town, and we don't have the public power to get anime. So it just sucks to be one of us i guess.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Why not just release them everywhere? I mean you shouldn't keep people from seeing anime movies in theatres because of the number of viewers.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 18th, 2002, 07:41 PM
$$$

It costs them money to release it everywhere, and in some places it might now pay off...

$$$ = keeping us from watching more anime with surround sound and a big screen!!!! :frust:

Vicious
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:28 PM
I live in Georgia and we have some pretty big cities, but we dont have any animes in our theaters.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Virginia is the same way, I think.

Fox
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

$$$

It costs them money to release it everywhere, and in some places it might now pay off...

$$$ = keeping us from watching more anime with surround sound and a big screen!!!! :frust:
on an IMAX screen...*drools*

kold
Dec 28th, 2002, 01:40 AM
cannibal what part of wisconsin u live in?