PDA

View Full Version : 3rd FFX-2 character unveiled

kupoartist
Dec 14th, 2002, 04:58 AM
http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media15/view/butch.jpg

looks a lil' like lulu... at least she looks 2% less slutty than the others :laugh: ... ok i'm joking ^_^ . Female Sword Users are always a plus, and I do hope they've got some decent story to go with this one.

Soul Angel
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:53 AM
She looks a little bit like that girl from Koudelka with Auron's sword (then again that could just be me).
It will be interesting to see what her story background will be in FFX-2.

IcyMourdor
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:04 AM
That looked a little odd, even for FF. Oh well, I wasn't one who cared about looks.

Plug 4
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:17 AM
looks like one the guy in snk

Big Dude
Dec 14th, 2002, 03:31 PM
She looks kinda slutty... :blink:

DragonSphere
Dec 14th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Seems like she'll be the "girl-with-the-badass-attitude" type.

mark0™
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:30 PM
:weep: LuLu's lost her long black hair :weep:
Even worst, shes ditched the stuffed mogs and cactuars for a sword :(:weep:

I'm not sure about what I think of this game, its more of an Action Adventure than an RPG right?

DragonSphere
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:36 AM
I don't think that's supposed to be Lulu....this new character is called Pine.

kupoartist
Dec 15th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by DragonSphere
I don't think that's supposed to be Lulu....this new character is called Pine.
hehe... the old translation arguements. currently I've heard Pine, Paine and Payne. But then i've also heard rumors that shes auron's daughter... like whatever!

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:44 PM
If this is Auron's replacement....ugh

ssjtrunks13
Dec 15th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
If this is Auron's replacement....ugh
I don't know, I kinda like the fact that she uses the type of weapons as Auron.

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Not sure whether this is entitely relevant, so if not someone move it to a new thread. I just didn't want to create yet another FFX-2 news thread.

Anyway, as taken from here (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=158&articleid=64707&pagetype=2).Other titbits recently revealed include confirmation, as we recently suggested, that the Active Time Battle (ATB) system is back. It'll be familiar to any FF fans but expect a few tweaks, such as characters being able to chain combos between each other.

Story wise, Wakka and Lulu are now married (remember, she had a thing going on with Wakka's brother - until he died). Kimahri has also been confirmed as being in the game but there's no news on whether any of these FFX characters will be playable (apart from Yuna and Rikku, of course).ATB makes a return huh... I actually enjoyed the CTB system - it was a lot more in-depth than first appeared. I personally would have liked them to develop CTB more to be honest.

Anyway, just thought some of you may be interested.

- S

Beretta55
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:35 AM
she look's pretty cool....sword's!:laugh: but to me she look's like she is going to be the silent type or a complete jerkass:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Dec 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445
she look's pretty cool....sword's!:laugh: but to me she look's like she is going to be the silent type or a complete jerkass:laugh:
Either way I think it's just great that if Auron isn't going to be in the game that there is someone with cool looking swords like his!

Gadzoox
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:25 PM
humph. No one can replace Auron.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:27 PM
I know that, but someone with the same kinda weapons as him would be the best replacement.

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 16th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

humph. No one can replace Auron.

Thank you

Frozen
Dec 16th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Very true, no one can replace Auron, but he's dead, so it's time to move on and see new faces

damn, but now that I mention dead, it would be freaking badass if there was some way he would re appear as a misterious char when fighting an overpowered boss or something, and then disappear again, something like that, I'd pee on my pants :B

She's some sort of butch, but not too bad. Looks like an interesting character :D

Beretta55
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:54 PM
i can replace auron you fool's!....wait i dont know how to handle a sword. my dream's are so crushed now:( :laugh: auron is dead now unless some voodo doctor bring's him back:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
I know how to use a sword, if you didn't know I don't see how!.
So, I could replace Auron perfectly because I'd say we have the same kind of personality.

Master Jester
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Wow... her hair is awesome, but it kinda makes her look like a butch lesbien. :laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 02:36 PM
That's cool with me!

Rei
Dec 17th, 2002, 04:31 PM
I want to say only one thing: horrible haircut :laugh:

Jolie
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Are you absolutely sure this is Lulu?! Hope it's not, even if the idea of Auron's daughter or anything similar sounds a bit dumb, ugh... replacing Auron with a character like this sounds a bit offensive to me :laugh:

But if this is really Lulu...
OMG, I loved Lulu so much in FFX... she was so pretty and feminine, and her hair was gorgeous, and now, this doesn't look like her at all to me! Her hair are somewhat....bleached? and definitely too much 80's style for my taste. You could give her an electric guitar or a motorcycle to complete the picture, but it's not very Lulu-ish :weep: