PDA

View Full Version : Dreams Never End : a FF8 fanfic

Mana
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:08 PM
This is something I started writing a long time ago, and never completed it. Now, seeing you all post here your stories, I felt like posting mine as well.

It's nothing very original, but I just wanted to write a fiction about FF8, my fave game ever.

Chapter 1
--------------

I was sitting alone, and it was a calm and bright morning of August. Five years after we defeated Ultimecia. My mind was blank and all I was trying to do was only enjoying the morning sun burning my face.
I remember I was thinking of banal and meaningless words, like "Never felt so good" and "No worries again"....when someone started shouting at me....
Then, I suddenly turned my head. The voice was keeping on shouting and shouting my name.

"SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!! SQUAAAAAAAAAAAALL!!!".

I woke up from my dream and saw Selphie desperately running, with a sort of grimace on her pretty face. I didn't know what to do, I was so confused because of the violent sun hitting my eyes.

I tried to look worried, but I suppose I looked kinda sleepy instead...

"What's up Selphie? It's your shower, again?"

She looked at me with a numb expression, clearly surprised I was thinking of her shower in a moment like that.

"Squall, Galbadia....Galbadia Garden..." and she started to tremble and weep. I had the sensation that something terrible was about to happen.

Selphie tired to talk, but she couldn't say a word. I saw her holding a letter in her pale hands. Her whole person looked so pale...I had the impression I was looking at a zombie.

"Tell me!" I cried, feeling sorry after she started weeping more.

"Galbadia Garden has been attacked!" and she started crying even more than before.

"Let me see the letter!"

"It's Irvine's letter...he survived, but a lot fo his companions died."

Irvine came back to Galbadia Garden but he used to pass some time at Balamb Garden as well. Every five weeks, more or less, he comes to visit Selphie and stay here for a long period. Also, when we need strategies and a good sniper, we always call Irvine. He doesn't belong to any Garden. He's free.

"Is he ok now?" I asked, knowing it wasn't so important to know. It probably was a miracle he was still alive...

"Yes..he's fine. He's not hurt." and after ending her sentence she put the letter in my hand. I started reading in a terrible hurry, like I had to act as soon as possible and save the situation.

"[...] the Garden is completely destroyed, many of us died and we couldn't do anything to stop what was happening. We all felt so helpless and now we feel so guilty for not being able to save our friends... You must help us! You must act now, before this Thing comes back and kills other people...Please, accept my collaboration, and also the one of those who survived and want to do something to honor the memory of all these wasted lives.
Please, help us.[...]"

I felt like falling on the ground, and a sense of mortal weakness wrapped my limbs as I was reading Irvine's words.

I murmured "Again..." and I looked at Selphie who was drying her tears.

"Yes, it's going on. This is going to happen again Squall. Like it happened two years ago, in Balamb, now it happened again. And it won't stop."

I thought about Balamb's "accident"...Two years before the town was attacked and destroyed. Not many people died there. But Zell's mother did. And he felt like leaving Balamb Garden to help other civilians to rebuild the town. Two years passed. All we knew was that a sort of blinding ray of light flooded the harbor, the houses, the streets, the station...all. And Balamb nearly disappeared.
After that, Cid Kramer was forced to give resignations and I was left alone as the leader of the Garden. But I couldn't take a decision on my own. It was not fear of resposibilities. Simply, I needed someone else's support. I was too confused and not expert enough. Even when me and the others defeated Ultimecia, we had the support of skilled persons, like Cid and...Laguna.

"We need a plan. We need someone to tell us what to do. We fought to bring peace back to our lives, and we can't accept what's happening. SeeD time is not over yet."

To be continued...

Rei
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:54 PM
A FF8 fan fiction! Wow!
We don't have many real fan fictions around here, people seem to prefer to write teir own stories.

I liked your first part. Can't wait to see what comes next!
;)

Soul Angel
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Wow this sounds like a good FF8 fan fic!
Can't wait to read the next part of it ;)

Faile
Feb 19th, 2002, 07:30 AM
*also wants to read next part*

jenova_jeb
Feb 19th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Faile
*also wants to read next part*

Ditto. It was very good indeed :) .

DragonSphere
Feb 19th, 2002, 10:48 PM
It's been awhile since I read a FF8 fic. Nice job! :)

Mana
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Sorry for being late in posting the next part of the story. I can't find the notebook where I wrote the whole fiction.

I'll post the second part ASAP :heh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Hurry up and get the next part up