PDA

View Full Version : Ryder sentenced

Vic Viper
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:32 AM
i know its a little late but i curious to know what your take is on the topic.

To 36 months probation, 240 hours of community service, to pay back the value of things stolen, and to get help for drug/psychological problems.

I think its fair.

What about you? do you think she got off easy because shes a celeb ??

for those who dont know what im talking about its winona ryder, who got arrested for shop lifting. go to the link for the whole story
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,72362,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/images/75396/7_21_120602_winona.jpg
and i also think shes Hot ;)

Ruby Moon
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Pretty fair IMO. Surely better than going to prison. At least this kind of punishment could teach something to the criminal ( Winona Ryder in this case :disturb: ) and be useful for others too, thanks to the 240 hours of community service part of the statement.

Frozen
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:00 AM
She probably got it easy and should have been punished harder. i mean, how much money does that chick have, why the hell does she have to steal? The only justification I can find for tefth is HUNGER, or some life-or-death situation, but it's hard to see a fair justification for her being a thief. To prepare for a shoplifting role in a movie? My arse.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 12th, 2002, 11:44 AM
I think she got off pretty easy considering what could have happened. I sure hope it wasn't because she was a celebrity!

dan da man
Dec 12th, 2002, 01:56 PM
i think she got off easy, if she wasnt a celeb i think she would of got a prison sentance

Deathwatchz
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:53 PM
perfect example of how the rich&famous get treated better than the normal people. id be in jail right now if i was in her shoes...

dan da man
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:08 PM
maybe with all her money shes got a damn good laywer

Fox
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:56 PM
240 hours isn't tha tlong...
she got off easy cause shes a celeb...

Infernal Mass
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:36 PM
she should have been given a lesser ruling..after all she was in the movie Beetlejuice. Which basically gives her unlimted get out of jail free cards and free parking priviliges.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/75396/7_21_120602_winona.jpg

also as king_freak mentioned she's a hottie. Which means she deserves an unlimited amount of lenience.

Lost_myth
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I think she should of gotten 2 days in jail, just to psych her out, and 500 hours community service. Maybe I'm being too demanding... 1000 hours community service and a week in jail... there we go :evil:

Vic Viper
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:55 AM
first time offender doesnt usually constitute a jail time, ya know..

after all she was in the movie Beetlejuice.

:laugh: bettlejuice was great. :laugh:

Beretta55
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:23 AM
she should of gone to jail for a couple of week's. just because she is a star dosent mean she should get special treatment but she does. i hate celb's:laugh:

Deathwatchz
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:05 PM
couple of weeks nothing!! she should have gotten a few months like evryone else would have! it just further makes thing easier for celebs to break the law... a lot of these people get away with things like this or worse than this. if u ask me, o.j. should still be in jail...

dan da man
Dec 13th, 2002, 02:10 PM
first of all what did ryder nick i heard it was some cloths am i wrong?

Gadzoox
Dec 15th, 2002, 06:59 PM
I think that's fair, but they could have decided a little faster! Geez that's been going on for so long!! I feel bad for her for having to wait so freakin long!