PDA

View Full Version : Christmas...need help!!!

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Name some good anime MOVIES that I should put on my Christmas list...not parts of series, but actual movies.

Fox
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Wings of Honneamise
Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Only Yesterday
My Neighbors the Yamadas
My Neighbor Totoro :)
Pom Poko
Whisper of the Heart
NausicaƤ of the Valley of Wind
all really depends on your taste..

ssjtrunks13
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:03 PM
X
Vampire hunter D
Akira

Vicious
Dec 12th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Akira :roll:

Frozen
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

Maybe it'd help if you posted the ones you already have, that way people can be of more help. :)

When you tell us which movies you already have, I'll post my suggestions.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll
Street Fighter Alpha
Spriggan
Samurai X: Trust...

I think that's all...I mostly rent :D

Frozen
Dec 14th, 2002, 03:25 AM
If you had the guts to buy somethign as abominable as Street fighter Alpha, you might want to get the Street Fighter 2 movie, which is a thousand times better (It is REAL Street fighter, if you get what mean)

Maybe you'll want to check the Fatal Fury OAV's as well, but I suggest a rent before you buy those.

After Vampire Hunter D I'd highly recommend as well Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, which is awsome, one of my all time favorites.

Again, if you like martial arts related, I would also suggest "Suikoden" (it does have very little in common with the RPG's, although the essence is the same), it's a very short movie (I don't think it's longer than 45 min) but the quality is pretty cool, the action is awsome, and it really leaves you wanting a second part.

If you want to laugh like hell, you should check Golden Boy (although that's like 6 movies, 30 min each)

Oh, and you did not specify if you actually had both Trust and Betrayal DVD's, just wondering ... :P (first anime DVD's I ever bought )

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Just Trust...I want Betrayal though!

You didn't like Street Fighter Alpha? I liked it alot...and I saw Suikoden at the place where I rent, but I figured it would suck...I'll have to check it out!

Frozen
Dec 14th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Heh, you need to get Betrayal dude, although I guess you have watched it as well, already. Also keep an eye openfor he Seisouhen OAV's, although I have not seen a release, yet, here in America, neither has meryl-chan, but she should know better about this.

I was also going to buy Alpha, but well, I just watched it first, and I found it as a hgue disappointment, first of all, because of the fact it had absolutely nothing to do with the games at all, and some of the facts were absolutely absurd (Birdie, being Chun Li's friend? WTF? does he not work for Shadaloo? :peoples: )

And well, thefact that it made me want so badly to see Ryu against Akuma in all out action, and we happen to see Akuma like twice in the movie... :disturb:

And for the worst, that bad guy... he was really sad. Came out of nowhere. No, I really could not stand that movie. Seriously, you hsould check out the older, Street fighter 2 movie, which is REAL Street Fighter.

and yeah, Suikoden at least deserves a rent, it's absolutely entertaining.

merylsilverburg
Dec 14th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Frozen

Heh, you need to get Betrayal dude, although I guess you have watched it as well, already. Also keep an eye openfor he Seisouhen OAV's, although I have not seen a release, yet, here in America, neither has meryl-chan, but she should know better about this.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about the Seisou-hen OVAs being licensed for the US, but you can get it already...bootlegged. XD

Ah, I haven't seen many anime movies except for the ones that the others here (except Fox) posted already. Though I don't see:

Perfect Blue: It's a psychological thriller movie that gives you the chills. There's not much action, since it's more based on the mind of the main character, but if you like creepy-ish thrillers, this one would be good to check out.

Ahh...that's it for me. :heh: I would tell you to see Jin-Roh and Metropolis, but I haven't seen those and I think you've seen them already...
I must check out "My Neighbor the Yamadas" and "My Neighbor Totoro"...along with Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro. I've been wanting to see these but I can never find them anywhere.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Cool, thanks guys!

Yea Fortune, I've seen Betrayal...it's not as action-packed as Trust (except for the end) but still awesome.

Frozen
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:13 AM
lmao, why does this guy keep calling me "Fortune" ? XD

merylsilverburg
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:15 PM

lmao, why does this guy keep calling me "Fortune" ? XD

:nerv: I don't know. But don't feel bad, Frozen-sama, I'm sure it's just because both of your names start with an 'F'. :laugh:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 15th, 2002, 03:14 PM
LOL my bad...I didn't even notice. They are so similar that I didn't realize I was doing that...

Sorry "Frozen" :D

Frozen
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:05 PM
lol, don't worry pal, it's actually a honor to be mistaken with her worship. The only problem is, that SHE is a GIRL, while I am a GUY :laugh:
Not to get out of topic, I still have not seen your word about the Seisou-hen OAV's. Have you watched them yet?

merylsilverburg
Dec 16th, 2002, 02:09 AM

lol, don't worry pal, it's actually a honor to be mistaken with her worship. The only problem is, that SHE is a GIRL, while I am a GUY :laugh:
Not to get out of topic, I still have not seen your word about the Seisou-hen OAV's. Have you watched them yet?

Not meaning to answer for Suzuki, but I don't think he has....especially after my "warning". XD

In case anyone reads this and are curious: Do not see the Rurouni Kenshin Seisou-hen OVAs unless you've seen the TV, the first OVAs (Tsuioku-hen or Trust/Betrayal), and read the last few books for the mangas. If you do not, you'll be lost and annoyed because this is the final ending to Kenshin.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Meryl is right, "Frozen." I haven't seen them...and the "warning" she was talking about is what she told me on ps2sub's anime forum...so I probably won't be seeing them for a loooong time. Lot's of Kenshin to watch before the Seisou-Hen OVA's!!!

Frozen
Dec 16th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Say, what source do you have to watch the TV episodes? Do you just rent all the chapters or have a channel to watch them?

I'm thinking about buying the whole series collection, I think I can find it at animenation, but I'm not sure if it's possible to find the whole thing together. Unfortunately, I have never got the oportunity to watch a single chapter :weep:

All I've watched is the first 4 OAV's and the Seisou-hen, and yeah, I already got the end spoiled by doing so :B However, I've been reading the manga up to The Great Kyoto fire (but I still have not finished that par so shoosh)

Have you got any of the movies suggested so far? :D

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:17 PM
I've seen the 4 OVA's and up to episode 50 or so...I'm going to buy a box set when I get the money ($250!!!!), so until then, I'll be anticipating the rest of the series, since my friend did not inform me he only had half of it when he let me borrow it...:disgust: