PDA

View Full Version : metal gear solid 3 bio, the film

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:43 AM
i just found some info on the film here read about it.

Letter from the Director

Thank you for taking the time to visit the site to learn about our movie. This movie is called Metal Gear Solid 3. This movie is based on the Metal Gear Solid video game series originally developed for the Nintendo, then Playstation, then Playstation 2. This is the third installment and has an original story. It references the past games, but it is not necessary to know them to understand the movie. If you are a fan, trust me, we have a lot of surprises for you, and if you are not a Metal Gear Solid fan, we still think you can enjoy the movie.

Some of the things we are most proud of in this movie is the fact we finished it. That was the trick, because time was very limited and deadlines were harsh. We are also proud because we think we were able to pull off quite a few things, such as the Metal Gear being a Computer Generated robot. Overall, we are very satisfied with and proud of this movie.

Metal Gear Solid 3 was originally made to just be a little movie we made for school, but ended up being a bit more. For instance, we originally had it planned to have the Metal Gear sit and do relatively nothing the entire movie, then have Snake blow it up. In the end, we told ourselves that we do need to have a fight with the Metal Gear if this is to deserve the title "Metal Gear Solid 3".

The movie was very rushed, although we think we did a good job in the end. There are a lot of things wrong with it that we wish we had time to fix, but with summer approaching and almost all of us going separate ways, we would like to get it on the internet for you now. You are not the first to see it, though. There was a film festival here (Monterrey, Mexico) and the movie was received well, we didn't get many negative comments (other than something that was in there, but we took out for the Internet release).

We ask that you do not expect a hollywood production, but at the same time, we do want you to see it. The main detractor for some of the older viewers may be the age. Obviously a grizzled war veteran like Solid snake would look a bit older, but we deal with what we have, and Alec was the closest we had (he had a "mullet" around the time of filming). We please ask you to ignore the ages and see the movie for what it is, a little homage to a pretty good game.

We also realize that besides age, the movie has some other detractors. We were very limited by the number of people we could get to show up on any given filming day, so the number of guards was just enough to be used over and over without getting too ridiculous (although, for us, some of the stuff can be pretty ridiculous because we know just who is under those terrorist masks).

The movie was very rushed, it was conceived and produced in only 3 months. This includes planning, shooting, editing, and compressing. We filmed it over a period of 4 weeks-- 1 day of filming, skip 2 weeks, 1 day of filming, skip a week, 1 more day of filming to put the movie together. We spent 3 days filming this movie with zero reshoot days. This was a rushed project with deadlines, but we think we pulled it off pretty well. (there is one shot where Solid Snake jumps, it is a 2 shot cut. 1 shot was filmed one day and the other shot was filmed 4 weeks later... 2 shots, both filmed 4 weeks apart.).

Ok, now I'm just rambling. I am a little nervous because this is our first Internet release and I don't know exactly what to say, other than please download it, we think it will be worth your time, we worked really hard to bring it to you, and please post any comments (good or bad) that you have on the Theforce.net fanfilms message board. (http://www.theforce.net/theater -> go to the Message board, look for our thread).

Thank you,
-Mike Wycklendt
Director, Metal Gear Solid3

mark0™
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Did you download it? I don't want to because I think it will suck...

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:57 AM
know the news is about the film what u go to see at the pictures if its not tell me!

mark0™
Dec 11th, 2002, 12:21 PM
No! It was a ammature project, not gonna see it in the cinemas, I can't be bothered downloading it, I't will probably be crap.

MakgSnake
Dec 11th, 2002, 12:46 PM
I dont know, but I really like Fan projects, its fun to watch, I have seen Metal Gear Solid Side Story movie, made by couple of High School students, and that movie although was 30 minutes, but was quite good, some really nice Special Effects, when considered by a normal Handy Cam. I downloaded that movie and it was quick fun to watch it. (May be cause I myself make movies and wanna see how good and bad I am or they are, whatever)

But yeah I will download this movie and see how its done and whats good and bad about it. But I cant find the link to the movie, dan, you have any idea?........where I could find that.

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:48 PM
im not too sure, il have to research it. im sure the website i got this info from had the link, cant remember the webite though damn:roll:

Plug 4
Dec 11th, 2002, 03:26 PM
right....this is kinda weird..