PDA

View Full Version : Mgs3?

PS2Girl
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:13 PM
does anyone know if there is a mgs3 comin out and if so when?

Daedaelus
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Yes! Please do a search before posting topics regarding MGS3. There are a lot of such threads.

For example, one of MakgSnake's:

http://www.ps2fantasy.com....=&threadid=3757 (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3757)

There is no release date yet.

MakgSnake
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Yeah Ps2Girl, that thread would help you a little :) :D
Which means, MGS3 will be coming out. But I knew it will be coming.

What really excites me the news of "Metal Gear Solid" (Re-Make) or the Original on Ps2, and "Metal Gear Solid: Side Story" for the Ps2 and "Metal Gear Online". <---- Will all those ever show up and if so, when?.......

MGS3 will come out for sure.......but these exclusive titles really shakes me and make me go crazy! :D

Daedaelus
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:39 PM
Actually, you kind of get a clue yourself, because of the cliff-hanger ending in MGS2.

MakgSnake
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Yeah it was a little too obvious eh........... I mean ocelot getting away "AGAIN".....and patriots on large and all.

Man I simply cant wait for this game.......aaah....I'll be admitted to mental hospital at the day of its release or something.

Daedaelus
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Man I simply cant wait for this game.......aaah....

Ditto!

Frozen
Dec 11th, 2002, 12:01 AM
I don;t know in the first place how someone can be hesitant about a MGS3, given the end of MGS2. Either the guys from Konami would be dickheads or we would have such sequel.

mark0™
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:58 AM
I'd Like to see a remake of all the original Metal Gears. Sure I know what happens on them with Grey Fox and Big Boss, But a PS2 remake would clear eveything up!

Frozen
Dec 11th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Dammit, that's one of the best Ideas I have ever heard, and never thought about. Remakes of the 2 original games would be absolutely outstanding!!!

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by mark0

I'd Like to see a remake of all the original Metal Gears. Sure I know what happens on them with Grey Fox and Big Boss, But a PS2 remake would clear eveything up!

would be a excelent idea! because i have never play metal gear or snakes revenge, but i also want a fresh new mgs3 with a killer story line and graphics, damn im stuck between the two lol:laugh:

Vic Viper
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:01 PM
not about the release date though.. :P

dont know if were allowed to post the article, so ill just give u the link..

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/380/380009p1.html

dan da man
Dec 12th, 2002, 01:44 PM
^
^
great news, cant w8 till 2003 now for the news:cool:

Plug 4
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:33 PM
god bless hideo kojima! for making a mgs3

merylsilverburg
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Yes, it's good news but I just hope that MGS3 won't be the one that is online. :P

MakgSnake
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:38 PM
No matter what, I am gonne love this game anyway.

dan da man
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:49 PM

No matter what, I am gonne love this game anyway.

i agree totally

just dont see how a metal gear online would work?

Daedaelus
Dec 15th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

i agree totally

just dont see how a metal gear online would work?

Maybe one person can be the terrorists and the other can be SS...? Just tossing out random ideas here. ;)

MakgSnake
Dec 15th, 2002, 05:53 PM
For Metal Gear Online, you guys might wanna check this (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3002) out.

But I also heard that....Metal Gear Online will have objectives as well,........it'll be like 16 Solid Snakes walking around and doing the same mission....... and to the next level only 10 would be able to go........ so 6 would die in the first round (That is if you are not tough enough or quick enough)

Just like the the higher the level would go.......the survival of the fittest would reach the the last ones........ I suppose in the end only 2 Solid Snakes would be left to reach the end main goal and then the ULTIMATE SOLID SNAKE will be declared...each time you people play Metal Gear Online.

And then there could be "FoxHound" Vs "Dead Cell" Vs "Philanthropy".... type of clans and all.

I am seriously looking forward to Metal Gear Online too. you know.!!!!!!!

merylsilverburg
Dec 16th, 2002, 02:18 AM

But I also heard that....Metal Gear Online will have objectives as well,........it'll be like 16 Solid Snakes walking around and doing the same mission....... and to the next level only 10 would be able to go........ so 6 would die in the first round (That is if you are not tough enough or quick enough)

Just like the the higher the level would go.......the survival of the fittest would reach the the last ones........ I suppose in the end only 2 Solid Snakes would be left to reach the end main goal and then the ULTIMATE SOLID SNAKE will be declared...each time you people play Metal Gear Online.

I am seriously looking forward to Metal Gear Online too. you know.!!!!!!!

Yes, I've also heard about that objective too...and that is one good idea as a mission or challenge...especially if you have to use or know certain moves or use the quickest techniques in order to get through and beat everyone. It'll be a shocker to see that many Solid Snakes on the screen though. :laugh:
Not meaning to stray from the topic, but if MGS3 does happen to be online, it'll be great for the ones who are able to, but it'll be bad for people like me who don't want to go online. :( I just hope they have an online and offline feature...which won't ruin the main storyline.

BTW, Makg...I love your sig! It's getting me all excited about MGS all over again. :D

dan da man
Dec 16th, 2002, 11:23 AM
^
^
meryl dont worry im pretty sure that the online will not ruin the story thats what mgs is all about its fantastic story.
i honestly do feel they will make a seprate version just probally called metal gear online, and if they two seprate versions they will make more money aswell lol.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 16th, 2002, 12:08 PM
I am looking forward to it. Normally I'd just let it pass me because it is another online game, but now I have braodband so that isn't a problem anymore.
(just one good reason for me to get the PS2 internet adaptor!)

Beretta55
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I am looking forward to it. Normally I'd just let it pass me because it is another online game, but now I have braodband so that isn't a problem anymore.
(just one good reason for me to get the PS2 internet adaptor!)
damn you and your broardband!....i dont it have it....i think:laugh:

MakgSnake
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

damn you and your broardband
Honestly, before I didn't care what I have, but now I do........and before I was not intrested in Online gaming at all, but now it just seems like a good thing. I still have to get myself a Network Adapter, and on that a Router... damn!

I just hope Auto Modellista gets some nice reviews.
Neways........ Metal Gear Solid 3, I hope is an offline project, I think it would be.........

But I seriously dont want different lots of Metal Gear in the market, that'll just ruin the franshise, just look what happened to Tomb Raider, and Army men... :P

merylsilverburg
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:42 AM

But I seriously dont want different lots of Metal Gear in the market, that'll just ruin the franshise, just look what happened to Tomb Raider, and Army men... :P

That's right, I remember some of us talked about this a long time ago...when Snake was appearing in Konami's skateboarding game. The MGS series is quite popular and all, but I think it's at a fairly good level as of right now...popular, but not overboard. :phew: I think Kojima is smart enough not to do too much promotion on the series...

dan: Yeah, I also hope there will be two versions if they decide to go online....though I hope I'll be able to try both. :D

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Or maybe it could be one game, but have the choice of playing online.

dan da man
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:21 AM

Or maybe it could be one game, but have the choice of playing online.

turst me the single player will be the heart of mgs3 even though if it does has online play too!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:37 AM
I know, what would a Metal Gear game be like without a plot?

dan da man
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:46 AM

I know, what would a Metal Gear game be like without a plot?

not as exciting, not aswell known, just stupid!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:56 AM

not as exciting, not aswell known, just stupid!
I wasn't looking for an answer I was just rying to make a point, but oh well not everything can go how you want it. Right?

dan da man
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:13 PM

I wasn't looking for an answer I was just rying to make a point, but oh well not everything can go how you want it. Right?

well u did put a question mark, so i thought u wanted some answers!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:15 PM

well u did put a question mark, so i thought u wanted some answers!

I understand where you are coming from. How would you have wrote it?

EDIT: sorry for going off topic, the purpose of this thread just slipped my mind.

dan da man
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:18 PM
lets change the subject lol, back to mgs3

mark0™
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:29 PM
The word you guys are looking for is rhetorical, he was asking a rhetorical question, but back to subject.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:49 PM
I wasn't sure about how to spell what type of qauestion it was.

Right back to the subject. What other ways could they make this game more interesting than the rest?

dan da man
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:52 PM
more sneaking ways, like splinter cell and more weapons!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 17th, 2002, 03:22 PM
It would nice if there were places where you have to get through without being spotted.