PDA

View Full Version : favorite gameing system

talon101
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Your favorite gaming console

jenova_jeb
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Playstation 2. It's got sweet PS2 games, and then it has backwards compatibility so you can play sweet stuff like MGS, Final Fantasy series, Syphon Filter and etc. Not to mention that fact that there are ports from SNES games on PSX that you can play on PS2 (Final Fantasy Anthology/Chronicles :D ). It has everyone you could ever want!

merylsilverburg
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Dude, that's a tough one. I'm not gonna vote because I like two systems equally: PS2 and Dreamcast. Yeah, go ahead and scoff about the Dreamcast, I don't care. It's got kick-ass games like Soul Calibur, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia (an AWESOME RPG) and Jet Set Radio (Graffiti in Japan!!!).

jenova_jeb
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:22 PM
I agree, Dreamcast is a great console, but since it's not getting many new games, all you have are the old ones. Although they are AMAZING games, they DO get boring after a little while :rolleyes: .

merylsilverburg
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
I agree, Dreamcast is a great console, but since it's not getting many new games, all you have are the old ones. Although they are AMAZING games, they DO get boring after a little while :rolleyes: .

Oh, I know I have the old games, but still, they are the classic games of the Dreamcast. The only reason why Dreamcast isn't getting new games is because Sega decided to become a third party supporter, so that's why. Yes, I agree with you that they do get boring after a while, but Skies of Arcadia is a hell of a long game though. I'm still playing it because I'm frantically trying to collect all those damn Discoveries, which are NOT easy to find. But, still, I love Soul Calibur. Soul Blade was the best on the PS and SC was a great sequel with better graphics and characters. I love that game.

jenova_jeb
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Soul Calibur was the best fighting game I've ever played! I wish so bad I had a DC awhile ago and had bought the game, but due to money shortages, I didn't :rolleyes: . Oh well, I've got a PS2, and SC2 will be on that, so I'm good :) .

merylsilverburg
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Yes, that is a good thing, 'cause I heard that Soul Calibur is going to be on the PS2 also. Skies of Arcadia is going to be on the PS2, so if you're an RPG fan, you MUST play this game. It is fun, the characters are terrific, and the story is good too. Hopefully, in the PS2 version, they'll shorten down the random battles a bit. My God, I'm playing it on the Dreamcast and every 5 seconds there's a battle. Drove me insane especially when you're searching for Discoveries. :mad:

BowevelJoe
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:22 PM
haha yeah i got a dreamcast too, im starting to get into the DC business too, i have like 33 DC games now lol...

merylsilverburg
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
haha yeah i got a dreamcast too, im starting to get into the DC business too, i have like 33 DC games now lol...

Really? Which ones do you have? Let's see....I've got: Soul Calibur, House of the Dead 2, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Speed Devils, Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Dead or Alive 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Crazy Taxi 2, Dynamite Cop, Virtua Tennis, Tennis 2K2, and Tokyo Xtreme Racer. That's only 16 that I have. Dynamite Cop sucks. It was fun at first....but now, I use it as a coaster. :D

Mercury Shadow
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:43 PM
A lot of my friends say "oh, well XBOX has better graphics" or "Gamecube loads faster"... well, it doesn't mean sh.it if your system doesn't have good games! :D

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:50 PM
GameCube, all because of those cute little Pikmin and Super Smash Bros. Melee :)

Mercury Shadow
Feb 17th, 2002, 09:59 PM
a lot of people say pikmin is so great... but it looks sooooo boring!

jenova_jeb
Feb 17th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Super Smash Bros. was the bomb diggidy. I loved that game! :D

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
a lot of people say pikmin is so great... but it looks sooooo boring!

It's not. :mad:

Vamp
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Playstation2 all the way

Xbox sucks. looks horrible. and its main menu is UGLY as hell with no good games at all. except Halo

GameCube looks crap too. stupid console with **** games on it

nanjij
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:43 PM
ive yet to see to see the gamecube and xbox in action well apart from pictures but that dont really count so i put the snes i thought u can put 2 options, normaly u can

Soul Angel
Feb 18th, 2002, 01:48 PM
I think the PS2 is the best console around right now :)
But the PSX was a great console to (still is IMO) in its time at least :)

007_JamesBond
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:21 PM
for me the best one that I have seen would have to be the Ps2

IcyMourdor
Feb 18th, 2002, 02:46 PM
I have to say PS2.

Squaresoft rereleased my favorite game for the Playstation and I can play it on my PS2. Plus they have great games like MGS2, Eternal Ring, FFX, and others.

DragonSphere
Feb 18th, 2002, 05:56 PM
I agree with everyone else, the PS2 is the sh*t! And it has more good quality games than most systems.

Mana
Feb 18th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Not original choice, but I voted for PS2. I think it's the most amazing system ever.

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Vamp

Dumbass fanboy. :mad:

PS2 is awesome, but NGC is great too, don't call it crap

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Playstation2 all the way

Xbox sucks. looks horrible. and its main menu is UGLY as hell with no good games at all. except Halo

Don't dog the Xbox either. It's only been out a few months. *cough*Fanboy*cough*

GaseousSnake
Feb 21st, 2002, 08:02 PM
The only advantage the ps2 has over the other consoles is that it has a good library of games but apart from that it has nothing else

jenova_jeb
Feb 21st, 2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
The only advantage the ps2 has over the other consoles is that it has a good library of games but apart from that it has nothing else

That's a pretty big advantage :rolleyes: .

I agree, for the most part it does. But if you ask me GC has it's fair share of cool games too. Super Smash bros. Melee, Super Monkey Ball, Star Wars: Rogue Leader (I think that's what it's called :confused: ), Pikmin and some others. Xbox has one good game, and that is Halo. :cool:

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:01 PM
I'm not saying that the GC or the X-Box is bad (except for the fact that Bill Gates is trying to take over the world and now the video game industry *ahem*) but, it seems that Nintendo always had a sort of a kiddish genre going on. What I mean by that, is the games are always so cartoony or more directed towards the younger audience. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the only game I can think of that's really adult orientated would be the soon-to-be-released Resident Evil game for the GC. As for the X-Box....the only cool game I heard that was on there would be Halo. EGM magazine said that game is better than MGS2!!! Can you believe it?! So, that means that game really is good. But, the PS2 really does have a larger variety of games, that's for the older and younger audience. The X-Box has Halo and some other games, but it seems that they are releasing games that are already out on the PS2. The GC, at least, has original stuff, like Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, etc. so I can't really criticize them as much. But, in the end, I (kinda) respect all the consoles for what they are, since they are competing to be the best, so some games are pretty original.

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:23 PM
ps1 will always be my favorite system, it was better than n64, evn tho it had better graphics. They have like 1200 games!:D
Ya cant beat that!

wasat
Feb 22nd, 2002, 05:55 AM
PS2 is the best gaming system by far

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by LiquidSm0ke

Dumbass fanboy. :mad:

PS2 is awesome, but NGC is great too, don't call it crap

Ok He/She May Be A Fanboy But Still No Need To Call Him A Dumbass Liquid. If He Thinks NCG Is Crap, Let Him Think.

As Far As I Know NCG Is Just A Console Not Ure Wife To Get Soo Offended. :)

Neways. I'd Say Ps2 Cause To Me Games Matter Alot. And It Doesn't Matter HOW Great Or GOOD The Game Looks. Its The Gameplay. So I'd Say Ps2.

Xbox May Be More Powerful NCG May Be More FAST. But Still....That Doesn't Mean They Are Better. They May Be Great But Not Better Then Ps2. (IMO)

Power Doesn't Mean The Best!

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:27 AM
ps2 has good games and its atleast a year older than GC but have you all recently visited the GC section of ign.If you havent then do so.

jenova_jeb
Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:35 AM
We wouldn't be able to access anything. It's all insider only :rolleyes: .

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:55 AM
Ok He/She May Be A Fanboy But Still No Need To Call Him A Dumbass Liquid. If He Thinks NCG Is Crap, Let Him Think.

He/She deserves it.

GaseousSnake
Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:23 AM
ok then chech HERE (http://nintendoweb.com)

x157anz
Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:44 PM
PS2 simply because its newer and the graphics are 1000 x better, But i loved the games for the N64 the best game was Zelda :) I miss that game

talon101
Feb 25th, 2002, 07:25 PM
what the:shock: 150 people have came in but 15 have voted shame on u VOTE PLZ:frust: this is makeing me sick:blergh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Playstation2 all the way

Hmmm hardcore ps2 fan are you vamp.I'll just tell you this keep an open mind on all systems

talon101
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:07 AM
PS2 RULEZ THE WORLD

007_JamesBond
Mar 5th, 2002, 12:15 PM
well the best one that i have found is the Ps2 in which I will be getting very shortly

talon101
Mar 6th, 2002, 01:46 AM
heres a good voteing pole ill try to keep it on 1st page

keep on posting!