PDA

View Full Version : personality v.s looks

fantasytiger
Dec 9th, 2002, 02:57 PM
hey does size,look,and income really mater

may be i am crazy but I think personality does ;)

:kupo: ........ku ku kupo ku po

ssjtrunks13
Dec 9th, 2002, 03:12 PM
I think it does too. My g/f may not look like what other people would want, but I like her also because of how much stuff we have in common.

Lost_myth
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Personality makes the looks, trust me..;) that's just what it is

Frozen
Dec 9th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Both are important, but personality should be the most important. Unfortunately, it does not in our actual society.

Gadzoox
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Personality is number one; and I hate to admit it but appearance is also a semi-biggy. Though 99.9% of the time the personality /makes/ the looks better (or worse in some instances). So it all really depends on personality. Also I've been told I have really wierd taste in guys so Im just blathering now. Haha :happy:

ssjtrunks13
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper
Like Gad said, one accounts for the other, in a way.
I'd have to agree with this. I know lots of ladies that I would have gladly went out with if it wasn't for their pesonality.

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:17 PM
I think it has to be a bit of both. A fantastic person can make someone appear more attractive, but conversely a bad personality can make someone 'ugly'.

That being said though, if you are to be with someone, they have to 'float your boat' in some way. I don't believe you can be with someone unless you can look at them and 'fancy' something about them.

I went out with a girl who I didn't find attractive, although to be fair many other people did. We got on so well - it was a pure attraction of personality. Problem was we became more like best friends or siblings, than lovers and thus it never went anywhere. We're still great mates though to this day.

It's irrelevant whether or not someone lives up to the classical idea of 'beauty' - what's more important is that you can find something beautiful and attractive about that person. But without that, from my experience, a proper relationship simply doesn't work.

- S

Frozen
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:51 PM
I, in the other hand, always liked an "ugly" girl in highschool for her charming personality, but never had the balls to tell her.

Later on I regreted it, since in a chat she told me she would have liked to have something with me by then. And I thought she did not like me at all...

this is a little out of topic, but the topic reminded me of that situation.

MakgSnake
Dec 9th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Personality counts alot, but so does looks for me atleast. I dunno, I am just like that. She has to be hot plus good nature. (Hard to find but still...)

Lost_myth
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:13 PM
I really agree with Spank-a-thon. He said what I couldn't put into words.

REChick14
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:36 PM
With me looks dont matter at all. You have to have a great personality. I know some guys that may look blazin and all but when it comes to strike up a conversation it goes downhill. Its what you do that makes you beautiful. Im still trying to find that special guy...

Deathwatchz
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:10 PM
id have to say that a personality is very important to a situation, but it doesnt have a total influence on the relationship. i have fallen in love with some girls who have MAJOR personality flaws, but it wasnt apparent to me until other people pointed it out. to me, it is who i can actually connect with, and i have to admit (not gonna lie to look good), her looks will be involved, but i have passed up some GREAT looking girls cause they were some B!@^(#*$... to me, a personality has a major thing in it, but sometimes love can be blind, both to the personality AND the looks... it dont matter WHO she is, WHAT she looks like, and HOW she acts, cuz ya love her anyway.... forget what other people think.

IcyMourdor
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:23 PM
Well, if you ask my friends, they'd say that my gf has neither.

I'm all for personality. I don't care how hot you are, if you are like a block of wood in a conversation, GOODBYE!

Deathwatchz
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:31 PM
I cant STAND that... i hate having to explain myself in conversations too. i have to have a girl whos intelligent enough to know what the he** im saying. most people dont get me on that one, but for the people who go to school with idiots, you know what im talking about. same thing if they know whats going on, but they dont say anything to you. talking to a brick wall isnt fun.......

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Well...to me its both. But it's like...85% personality and 15% looks. 15% because...it matters a little bit. Most of the time though, a good personality can enhance a girl's looks. A good example: At the beginning of last school year, there was this one girl who I didn't really find attractive at all...then through one of my friends (who was also her friend) we started talking, and now we're semi-good friends. Now I think she's pretty hot...so that could show a way personality enhances looks...

jjmoohead
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Well i admit that i would rather be with a girl with good looks then someone who needs alot of make up. Lets say i see a nice looking girl in class or something and decide to talk to her, well i will then see about the personality, thats a big second place trait for me.

Not saying I wouldnt date someone else, but I just like a girl that takes care of herself.

Rei
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Personality is important when you get to know a person. You can't pass your time with someone who's completely dumb or annoying. But most of the time the appearance of a person is what makes you do the first step.

fantasytiger
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:58 AM
i am so glad that there are people out there who's mind have not been poisoned by the media.
i myself do not consider myself a drop dead gorgeous person but I am not but ugly either i am a hapy medium
what do you think? deathwatchz lmao :laugh: ;) j/k

Frozen I understand how you feel i had a crush on my friend his name was christin and I cared for him sooo much but he graduated befor me and went back to pureto rico and i never got to tell him how I felt even after i moved on it still hurts and I still want to tell him so I can know if he felt the same I think he did. So be glad at least you got to tell the person.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:01 PM
I had a crush on this girl I met in 9th grade and thought maybe we could become more than friends, but ever since I moved I don't know what she thinks of me leaving without a trace. I've wanted to tell her for a long time now(about 3yrs.)

fantasytiger
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:07 PM
i think i got you beat i have been wanting to tell him for 5 years
but he did not leave with out a trace
he left me Ziggy

( mogs were his all time fav character ) ( I think :heh: )

ssjtrunks13
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Dang! and I thought 3 yrs. was a long time?

fantasytiger
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:54 PM
WANDERING

lost love
their image might fade with time
but the feelings that you never told will
forever stain your mind
as you dwell with in your self

this is a lesson
one I know all to well
not being able to say what I felt

now everyday
the pain will
cut deeper in my heart
all because i did'nt tell

and now I will forever wander
in
my
hell

ssjtrunks13
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:07 PM
NIce poem. I think it describes perfectly what's going on in my mind.

kupoartist
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:11 PM
nice poem :)

anyways... Personality is number one. But some essence of attractiveness has got to be there. You wouldn't go with the offspring of the elephant man and maggie thatcher... Normal Human beings are attracted only to Human beings, so as long as someone is human looking, they're a candidate!

XxmandykissezxX
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:51 PM
In a relationship, personality means the most to me. It's not always about looks, or any of that. You should like someone for who they are, not for what they look like or what they wear and so on...

Deathwatchz
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:48 PM
dont listen to her about the happy medium thing, she's F#$%in sexy. her hair goes down past her waist too.. id have gone out with her, but im not sure how it would have worked out since we had known each other for about 2 years before that. me and my friend liked tiger and my current g/f at the same time, and we were kind of arguing over who got who. well, i'd have been happy either way.. she doesnt have the best self-esteem, so if she puts herself down sometimes, dont believe it till i confirm it.:laugh:

Chara
Dec 10th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Just like everyone else, I'll go for the personality. Looks are good too. If someone had a good personality and looked like they jsut got beaten with an ugly stick, there will be no way I'll be attracted to them.

I would prefer someone with an O.K. face and outstanding personality instead of a girl with a gorgeous face.

Well I'll make an exception if the girl was Denise Richards. ;)

YunaDiva05
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:14 PM
To me its the personality that really counts... Someone shouldnt judge a book by its cover its on whats on the inside that really matters. If you find a book that looks really interesting on the outside make sure you read the inside to find out for sure what your getting into. From experience I would know how that goes. I was with someone because of their looks but to find out I didnt see the inside until that person started to be obsessed with himself and bing a total @$$ towards me being controlling and all. He was good looking and all until his bad attitude turned him ugly at that point I just couldnt deal with it so I let him go. Well just remember all, the cover may look good and all but the inside can be ugly as ever. Always go on the personality cause you never know where you may end up. And for all that go on the look of the cover on that certain book make sure you read the text before continuing.

Ninja
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:00 AM
i don't care how the person looks like, for example, i would go out with rechick14, because of her personality, but i've never seen her. to me its all personality baby

yeah:cool:

merylsilverburg
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Well...to me its both. But it's like...85% personality and 15% looks. 15% because...it matters a little bit. Most of the time though, a good personality can enhance a girl's looks. A good example: At the beginning of last school year, there was this one girl who I didn't really find attractive at all...then through one of my friends (who was also her friend) we started talking, and now we're semi-good friends. Now I think she's pretty hot...so that could show a way personality enhances looks...

Yes, a good personality can enhance the looks very much vice versa. Usually (from what I've seen) drop-dead gorgeous women are usually very arrogant and b*tchy and the same goes for men. Sometimes, it takes an average looking girl or guy to be the best partner since, if the personality is compatible with your own, then that's the best thing, right? And looks wouldn't matter anymore.
So, for me it'd have to be the same as Suzuki and what some others said. It doesn't matter to me if they're extremely beautiful or handsome....if they're annoying as hell then there's no way I'm going to be able to enjoy myself to the fullest with them.
But, like Frozen said, in our society there's nobody who completely just goes for personality anymore. It's all based on looks which really ticks me off. And what's more annoying is, many guys tend to fall for hot women and the women just use them blindly and they're not able to see it. :disturb: The same can be said for women too. So what sucks is, that no one can just be themselves anymore...women, for example, have to hide their flaws through tons and tons of cosmetics so whatever the guys see is just fake beauty. I understand that looking good is a priority in some cases, but nowadays being natural is a no-no. I even tested it out. I actually never wear any cosmetics and not a single guy gives me the time of day. Then one time, I decided to fix myself up a bit and a couple of guys just looked at my face but that's it. That really pissed me off and goes to show how shallow the world is.

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:12 AM
i agree with meryl about fit women who are very bitch, well not all women are bitchy.
i have to go with the personality, if u have both have some thing in common you will get on better, i would rather have a g/f with more in common in me then a realy nice girl who doesnt have anything in common with me sept for dating each other, and the rest is your seprate ways!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:12 AM
I have to agree with meryl about the fact that women feel they hav eto wear make-up to attrct guys. I'm not that kinda guy I see a lot of women wearing make-up when they don't need to.(I sure hope I've been spelling make-up right) Anyone know how to spell it?

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:27 AM
i think your spelling it right u better ask a girl lol

fantasytiger
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:33 AM
wow deatchwatchz that was really powerful :shock:
lol you forgot to mention the fact that my family already knew you were a syco lol

I myself wear absolutly no make-up because I like my natural look besides make-up does more harm then good. but the reason I do not wear make-up is because they test alot of it on animals and I am against that ( I am an animal lover ) I share a bond with my pets and to think about them being used in some horrid experiment really upsets me everything I use is not tested on animals even though it cost more its worth knowing that I did not contribute to the death of another animal in the name of fashion. :mad:

right
:kupo: .......kupo! ( nodes )

Deathwatchz
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:39 AM
hey, even though your family knew i was nuts, i would have gotten along with them better than casa nova! (my friend, just call him that to piss him off) im nust, but im great with family. my first g/f was black, and her parents were racist, but they STILL liked me. im good with parents, and u knew that. its probably the fact that im a foot and a half taller than u :):laugh:

EDIT: oh yeah, and that im a total freak ;) :love:

dan da man
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:41 AM
wow tiger i didnt know they used make-up o animals:shock: damn im a animal lover aswell!

fantasytiger
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:51 AM
1. ya they test make-up on animal especialy monkeys most of the experiments are fatal , extremely painful and most of the times not nessary. The handlers of the animals even abuse them:mad: :weep:

2. I know your a freak your girlfriend likes to brag in detail might I add :evil:
and yeah you are very good with parents but I think because they know you will be worth alot one day lol uncle freddy use to tease me that we would make a cute couple. but then again uncle freddy always said that about all my guy friends. lol

:kupo: ..........( hug uncle freddy's picture )

Deathwatchz
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:54 AM
yeah, freddy has the idea that everyone he like would make a cute couple, no matter what... he was saying your brother and my g/f would have made a cute couple and that he should ask her to the dance, and your brother said "no, if anyone's going to the dance with me it's my ps2....... sheesh." well, freddy just means well, can ya blame him?

ssjtrunks13
Dec 11th, 2002, 12:45 PM
I forgot about the whole tests on animals. I love animals too. Maybe I'll go let some of the ladies I know at school.