PDA

View Full Version : Old Metal, or Punk?

Big Dude
Dec 7th, 2002, 04:24 PM
My friend is annoying me saying that his AC/DC is the all out, no question, best kind of music and saying punk sux. :mad: I have nothing against AD/DC, but you dont diss punk. I want to know what you ppl think is better, or to your preference.
So, Oldie Metal or Punk?

Uchiha Sasuke
Dec 7th, 2002, 04:39 PM
I dont really like ac/dc but i think old metal is way better than punk.Why,first off most of all punk sounds the same and isn't really a tough thing to get into.With the metal bands like metallica,priest,and others there is much more talent and they have original sounds.There not clones they got there own thing.

Big Dude
Dec 7th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Only the bad punk bands sound the same, and i dont include Metallica as an Oldie Metal band, I like metallica much much lots :happy:
But it just eughs me when he says punk sux ass :mad:

mark0™
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:01 PM
I prefer old rock, old rockers had a wild lifestyle where as punks dont, but I agree with SSSnake completely. Punk isn't terrible, but it's turning more and more by the day into "pop" music and is gettin real irritating

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Punk is good but I prefer my rock harder and older...

Frozen
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:25 PM
I go with Metal. Punk does not bother me, although Neo makes me puke (Blink182 and similar :blergh: )

Gadzoox
Dec 7th, 2002, 05:32 PM
AC/DC, Bowie, Queen, Led Zepplin, CCR... all those oldies rox0rz my sox0rz.

I dont like punk at all (except for a bit of Goldfinger, only a bit). :/

Beretta55
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:05 PM
i like all type's really i just like most of rock. beside's Trust company ownz everybody! that's right! they are the greatest band in the world! jk jk:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Ok when you say Misfits......do you mean with or without Glen Danzig? I like real punk, not these panzy little pop bands like Blink 182. Overall my preference is old school metal bands like Iron Maiden and AC/DC. Angus Young has such a great guitar style.

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:22 PM
metal rules over punk it just knocks me sick punk, old rock is much better even though i dint live in that time, just like it better and ad/cd sound cool too:cool:

Ninja
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:06 AM
AC/DC ruleZ