PDA

View Full Version : buying anime online

kold
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:30 PM
have any of you bought from www.discountanimedvd.com ?

i was considering buying some stuff off there and its so cheap its unbelieveable, anyways i was just wondering if anyone has bought from it so i know its not a scam.

Hadoken
Dec 6th, 2002, 05:49 PM
i've bought Trigun Perfect Collection (English Dubbed), Escaflowne Tv/movie Perfect Collection, and Initial D - Bundle Special. All of them arrived just fine and only took about a week each.
I think there was another place that had anime for cheaper, but it didnt have any guarantee's if it didnt arrive in the mail. I'll have to ask my brother what that place was, he told me a few weeks ago.
But anyways, I think discountanime is a good place to buy from.

I also havent watched all of excaflowne yet, i'm only on like the 3rd episode. :P

merylsilverburg
Dec 6th, 2002, 06:23 PM
I usually get the unlicensed series from Ebay and licensed stuff from Amazon. :P So, I'm not sure about that site because I never bought from them. :right:

Mercury Shadow
Dec 6th, 2002, 08:09 PM
Is that the place with the really cheap Cowboy Bebop box set? I just want a set with all 26 (i think theres 26) episodes and I think it was $40 or something... is that the best deal around for people who know?

Suzuki_Fanboy
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Yea, Merc, that's the place. You didn't happen to see that on my board, did you? Someone posted that a while back...

Well, yea, $40 for the Bebop box set is amazing. The perfect sessions complete set is retailed at like $300 or something.

Fox
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:49 PM
www.therightstuf.com
either that, or i buy my stuff from eBay.