PDA

View Full Version : playstation royalty

fantasytiger
Dec 4th, 2002, 11:56 AM
:ghost: so you think your bad prove it tell me why you think you deserve to be crowned hardcore
tell me whats the coolest thing you have ever done in a video game,how many you play/own, how long you play ( get the point)
basicly anything that you think will prove you hardcoreness
and then in march I will decide who I think deserves the title of hardcore. :kupo:

(and fellow gaming babes please join in lets show the guys we can play their games:D )

dan da man
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:54 PM
put it this way, I will always be the champ!:D

AudioBoxer
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Put it here, you dont have the respect yet to crown anyone!

IcyMourdor
Dec 4th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Ummm, yeah. Watch the double posting people.

Playstation royalty? Well, I can't say I'm the best at all of PSX and PS2. I can only say I'm the champ of Final Fantasy.

Deathwatchz
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:11 PM
I think u have too much of an ego. Most peoiple say that they are the "champs" but ive seen them beaten into the ground by what other people did. A friend of mine thought he was the champ at resident evil cause he beat the game without the stronger guns, but i showed him about the guys in japan who beat it on hard with just the knife. like fantasytiger said, prove it.

Faile
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:40 PM
not that its worth anything and this is all a bit silly and i shouldn't encourage it, but i can complete Final Fantasy VII in under 12 hours. And have done.

Audioboxer & dan da man : Don't spam, either prove it, justify it whatever but don't post without justification.

Deathwatchz
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:09 PM
not bad, not bad. even if that doesnt make you the ff7 champ, I still gotta say, damn good job. See? this is what i meant, at least faile gave some info. :D

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:25 PM
I honestly don't think I'm a champ or that hardcore...I mean I haven't been playin long but I think I've covered a good amount of RPG's and other games. I don't really think I'm that much better or worse than anyone here so eh I guess I'm out of the running...

BTW Faile...all I have to say is wow

Ninja
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:04 AM
i have 87 games, about 1958.37 (i calculated), and about 708.1(i calculated)in consoles and hardware(without including my pc otherwise it would be plus 2054 bucks more)

so in consoles and games I've wasted about 2666.47

however, with my pc (which i build) it would b 4720.47 bucks i've wasted in video games:shock:

EDIT:oh my god I just realised that!

Frozen
Dec 5th, 2002, 12:38 AM
I've never been a hardcore gamer, really... maybe having beaten both Heihachi and Kazuya in Tekken 4 in Ultra Hard with PERFECT using Julia, it's somethign that made me feel a little bit proud of mysel,f but it's something anyone can do with practice... let's put it that I usually beat all the fighting games I have in their hardest difficulties...

Hmm, can't think of anything better than that. I suck XD

Beretta55
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:41 AM
me hardcore gamer? psssssh naw:laugh: but i hate people who brag that they are the best pisses me off;) but naw i kinda suck at beating game's i usally lose interest at the last mintue im weird like that:laugh:

Redpyramidhead
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:16 AM
I dont feel that I have anything to prove. I like videogames, have for a long time now, and always will. The only thing hardcore about my gaming is that i have a passion for well made masterpeices of videogames and never fail to enjoy every aspect of them to their fullest. I don't have to own 100 PS1 and 2 games and an Atari 2600 with 500 games to be a hardcore gamer. It's like an appreciater of good films, books, anime, whatever, for example. When somebody can get involved in a book to such a degree they feel like they're a part of it...that's what hardcore is.

_RED_ stuff

mark0™
Dec 5th, 2002, 08:36 AM
To tell you the truth, I dont think ive ever actually 100% completed any RPG :( I just cant put enough time into them to level up and so.. Yet I keep buying them :frust:

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:57 AM
ok il try and expain,
il always and try and beat my times on mgs2 (plant mode) thats it realy and ive done gta vc!

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Calling yourself a 'hardcore' gamer is nothing more than elitism. For some reason, 'hardcore' gamers tend to think they are superior to 'casual' gamers. This elitism is nothing new though, it happens in music where people look down on those who like 'commercial' music. Ditto with films.

'Hardcore' gamers spend half their time trying to justify their label by trying to dig out the most obscure Japanese games, and going to the expense of importing said games.

They repeated accuse games that are popular as 'lacking depth' and invariably claim some old, obscure Japanese title (for some equally old and obscure console) it the best game ever.

I have finished FFVII over 6 times now - does that make me 'hardcore'? I hope not - to me it simply means I really love that game.

I would consider myself a keen gamer, but never hardcore.

- S

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 01:20 PM
to be classed as "hardcore gamer" how many hours do u after spend a day on games!

XboxKiller
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:50 PM
the one game that I played the most was FF7 . I played it for 11 hours. non stop

oh and no one can beat me in red faction2

mark0™
Dec 5th, 2002, 03:34 PM
I'ts a different console but i must state that i have never been defeated on HALO deathmatch :D:D

merylsilverburg
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:41 PM
This is so pathetic, I don't even know why I'm bothering to mention it. But, I did beat that DC game, Jet Grind Radio 100%. I got all the Graffiti Souls (extremely hard :P) and got the rank "Jet" on every stage and was able to unlock all the hidden characters. I'm sure many people could do this, so this is really not a big accomplishment.

Deathwatchz
Dec 5th, 2002, 07:55 PM
the longest ive ever played a game is when i rented ff9 and played it for 26 hours straight. I beat the game before i had to return it though.

MakgSnake
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:42 PM
I am a gamer, I know that. I love video games. Anyone who enters my room, can see my love for Video Games (Playstation2). My wall is full of posters of different games (I have no place left now). I just got this BIG HUGE (PS2, XBOX, GameCube) Plano's from my store. And gonna put them up too.

I joined in "Best Buy" for the Media section, and I see myself to know the most about games then any person at the store.

I am not gonna say I am the best when it comes to different games. But yeah I may be a good gamer (Not all genres)

I think I can call myself a HARDCORE Metal Gear fan though. Yeah I'd say I am. And again I cant say I am the biggest fan of the series (As Much As I WANT TO BE), I am not.

Ninja
Dec 6th, 2002, 12:03 AM
uhh is playing since i was 2 1/2 years old count????

sk8er_kyle
Dec 6th, 2002, 12:12 AM
One time I played video games like 2 days straight. I got up at 9 in the morning and I played all day, then I played all night,Then I played all the next day, Then I played till like one in the morning.
That was a few years ago. I have a little more of a life now (not to much more).:ghost:

fantasytiger
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:38 AM
woah!!!!!!!!!! yesssshhh i did not think that there are so many moody people on this site first anyone who takes the time to play any game should be proud because weither they believe it or not thats an accomplishment. My reason for posting this question was to see who out there has gone above and beyond or if anyone has done some real off the wall stuff Not start a war or insult anyone. For those of you who had enough sense to relize this question was just posted by someone trying to have fun I wanna say thank you.

but for those of you who are so childish you took it as an insult to your pride of image then I think you need to reach behind you and pull that stick outta your a** :mad:

Vicious
Dec 9th, 2002, 12:56 PM
being a kinda young gamer and all( i started at age 8 and are now currently 14) my first system was the N64. Being my first system i have spent countless hours mastering all of my N64 games. I am unbeatable at Super Smash Bros. and Perfect Dark, 2 very good multi-player games.:D

ssjtrunks13
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I tried to get through Final Fantasy IX so I could get the ExcaliburII but lost interest after a while.
Has anyone ever accomplished this yet?

DragonSphere
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:22 AM
I'm not really sure what's the most "hardcore" feat I ever accomplished in my gaming life, but a lot of people I know regard me as a gaming fanatic; since most of my social life is based on that aspect. Like Makg, I have a few posters lying around in my room, including a big stack of old video game magazines. Other than that, I adore the Final Fantasy series along with various memorobilia (sp?), but that's about it. :P

Redpyramidhead
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by fantasytiger

but for those of you who are so childish you took it as an insult to your pride of image then I think you need to reach behind you and pull that stick outta your a** :mad:

*successfully removes stick from ass* wow...that feels so much better.

Now...ummm... what was this thread about again? oh yeah... i try to beat every game i own... that's my answer.

_RED_ stuff

fantasytiger
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:42 AM
lmao

thank you frozen !!!!
more people need to follow your lead

but you were never a jerk to me so you did not really vcount lol:laugh:

:kupo: ..........(playing with stick )

hey ziggy where did you get that????

Redpyramidhead
Dec 12th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by fantasytiger
lmao
thank you frozen !!!!
more people need to follow your lead
but you were never a jerk to me so you did not really vcount lol:laugh:

:kupo: ..........(playing with stick )
hey ziggy where did you get that????

LMAO...that poor mog of yours:laugh:

btw, were you talking to me and accidentally said frozen?

ANyways...here's something hardcore i did the night before last...i must have fought the boss at the end of the 6th level like 40 times (and this is a long boss battle too) but i wouldn't give up and I beat his ass! hardcore, baby! :cool:

_RED_ stuff

fantasytiger
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:28 AM
actually i did put red but ziggy likes to edit my posts so if i get something wrong it was probably him he likes pushing buttons

:kupo: ........................click,

ziggy don't touch that!!!!!

:kupo:..............:P