PDA

View Full Version : Black and White coming to All Consoles!

KraftSLU
Dec 4th, 2002, 12:44 AM
http://www.ferrago.co.uk/story/827

Lionhead supremo Peter Molyneux was talking with surprising reserve today, on the developers’ newly announced Black & White: Next Generation game, which is heading to the PS2, Xbox and GameCube.

No release date was even speculated, but Molyneux did comment that the game would offer "a totally different Black & White experience for the console gamer".

I'm not quite sure what he means by a totally different B&W experience... but coming from Peter, it should be good all around!

Sleazy P Martini
Dec 4th, 2002, 01:17 AM
I'm not really sure what they're talking about. Is B&W a series? Or will the game be in B&W? (BTW Love the Strong Bad in the siggy :laugh: )

Frozen
Dec 4th, 2002, 03:34 AM
What kind of game is this?

Uchiha Sasuke
Dec 4th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Its popular sim where you play god and raise a giant creature of your choosing to rule or terrorize citys oh short.You basically got control of the world.

dan da man
Dec 4th, 2002, 07:58 AM
its a good game B&W i own it for pc but i would not buy it for my ps2 no way! but if B&W went online for ps2 like pc i might consider it but the game is kind of boring.
p.s. i raised the cow into a bull :D

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Your basically a God and you rule all the villagers on earth...the limits are basically endless in that game.

It didn't run well on my comp so this news is just fantastic!

Ninja
Dec 4th, 2002, 07:22 PM
oh my B&W great god sim, im defenetely gonna buy it

Frozen
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:03 AM
I'm still confused... is it Age of Empires/Mithology kind of game? :heh:

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 09:43 AM
you see every thing above, u own villagers, build house and pick an animal (cow,tiger,monkey) downloadble aswell, then just basially raise the animal so u can fight other aniamls offline and online, your animal has it age and you can learn it new tricks attacks and defences!

AudioBoxer
Dec 5th, 2002, 11:24 AM
SWEET!

kupoartist
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:25 PM
... so the world's most overhyped game has gone multiplatform. I'm actually really disappointed with Peter Molenyeux. His entire schedule seems devoted to anything with "Black & White" in front of it. Now that would be a good thing, if Black & White wasn't so unbelievably disappointing. At release all the magazines gave it 95%, and not a single person I know ever liked it as much as that. at best it should have got 80%. An excellent vision... but it plays like the most boring game ever made, was buggy, unenvolving and un-exciting after a little while. The prospect of a PS2 version angers me more than it excites. The old one really should be on budget by now... strangely, everyone kept their copy so you cant buy it second hand... but it'll be a really rainy day when I play Black & White again.

dan da man
Dec 5th, 2002, 02:54 PM
i would not say b&w was the worlds most hyped game!

kupoartist
Dec 5th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
i would not say b&w was the worlds most hyped game!
you never read a pc magazine for the 3 or so years it took to develop then. Every E3 B&W was always touted as one of the best PC games of the show. Every preview made you simply say "wow" at the things they described... they made it seem like it was the most magnificent game ever made, with amazing attention to detail and a million and one things to discover. They paid in the end by chocking up "Best Game Ever" awards and then subsequently withdrawing them a month later when they realised that after they'd seen every little thing, the core gameplay was repetative. Magazines commonly review a hyped game after about a week. After two, most people had given up trying to like it.

The only game that came close to the hype in PC terms was Daikatana (Quake's Jon Romero was head of the project, and everybody was "ooh wow") - but the magazines had the decency to give it a score arounf the 50s.

But then, as a personal note, people who chose to be an "evil" god were the ones who liked it for longer: being good was next to impossible because the micromanagement was too hard. There are better games than B&W, but its not all bad... perhaps mr P will come up with somthing classic... just like the good ol' days.

Daedaelus
Dec 5th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Eh... it makes no difference to me. Actually, I used to like B&W for PC, but after a few weeks, it just gets boring. :P

Beretta55
Dec 5th, 2002, 06:55 PM
what you mean you can raise a big hellish monster figure and take over the world? my dream of raiseing a evil sumo baby will come true yes!!:laugh:

KraftSLU
Dec 6th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I absolutely loved the game, its online play and its innovative spell casting system. Anyways, this isn't a direct port of B&W from what I can tell which means it might live up to your expectations a bit more.

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 07:13 AM
are ppl still online with b&W???

KraftSLU
Dec 7th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Got me. I played online for about 6 months before my interests strayed. I would imagine so, there are still people online playing stuff like the original diablo.

dan da man
Dec 7th, 2002, 10:26 AM
just been playing unreal tournament man that game is years old and tousands still play it still oline!!!

Vicious
Dec 9th, 2002, 03:18 PM
This game looks cool.

kupoartist
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
just been playing unreal tournament man that game is years old and tousands still play it still oline!!!
more people play Half-Life... and thats even older ^_^ ... also if you're lucky, there is often one or two people still playing co-operative Doom....