PDA

View Full Version : Cover it.

MakgSnake
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:19 PM
Well, simple thread....... as you know all the games that has hit this planet has a certain cover. Which one do you think has got the best one till now.

Like the top five best video games covers of all time.
I was really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty cover, but it didn't really impress me..... (Wasn't the best pictures of Snake) The US version I am talking about.

But here are the ones I love (for the time being) not in any order though.

.) Kingdom Hearts (Excellent shining cover, with a whole lotta blue, and shinning sparkling touch to it.)
.) Hitman 2 (Just really like the way, hes standing and looking back at us)
.) The Getaway (Man, this game's cover blew me, when I first saw. Its like a Hollywood Action flick's cover. Excellent)
.) Document Of Metal Gear Solid (Excellent experiment by putting Raiden's pixel type image on the front. Its beautiful)
.) Resident Evil 2 (Cant forget when the first time I saw that cover, my jaw touched the ground.).

What about you people.

kold
Dec 2nd, 2002, 11:26 PM
ya i like kingdom hearts cover. i dig the dark shadow thing going on.

Vic Viper
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:42 AM
here are my picks.. some of them are japanese box cover..:P

The Getaway- http://www.btinternet.com/~stu18/getaway_cover.jpg

Marvel VS Capcom 2(jpn box cover)- omg, this cover 100x better than us cover.. wonder why capcom change it. :mad: http://allsoft.scei.co.jp/jacket/l/slpm62227.jpg
NA box cover is just plain sucks-http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/229244.jpg

DMC (jpn box cover)- imo, way better than the US covers..http://store3.yimg.com/I/adux_1714_9805399

GTA III and Vice City- awesome covers too. :)

Vic Viper
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:51 AM
.) The Getaway (Man, this game's cover blew me, when I first saw. Its like a Hollywood Action flick's cover. Excellent)

BTW, the one u saw was the pal version, lets just hope that they dont change the box cover for the NA version..:mad:

Redpyramidhead
Dec 3rd, 2002, 06:13 AM
I really dig the Soul Reaver 1 and 2 covers. Castlevania covers are always amzing as well. THat's masterful artwork.

_RED_ stuff

mark0™
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:24 AM
All Final Fantasy Covers (X especially) I love the simple, white background, and the text "FINAL FANTASY ??" ??=number and then theres a little picture behind the text, on X, i think it is Ynua battling SIN.

Lone Wolf
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:28 AM
Way back when I judged purchasing a game on purely the cover and info on the back of it. MGS2 seemed somewhat lackluster to me. I prefered the original. But I'll toss my support behind Breath of Fire. I picked it over several games in the selection. So it must have been impressive.

Frozen
Dec 3rd, 2002, 03:41 PM
I absolutely love FF7 cover with Aeris on it looking at the Highwind. At first, before I played the game, I thought it was a beautiful cover: after I played the game and got the meaning of it, I thoguht it was absolutely gorgeous. FF8's cover was pretty nice as well. Also the 2 Soul Reaver covers are awsome.

As for my PS2 games, I think that of Devil May Cry is pretty badass even being so simple. And now, I don't know if it's because of the "fever" I have or what, but my favorite cover on the moment is Metroid Prime's. Samus just looks outstanding.

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:46 PM
The FF VII cover I'm a custom to is Cloud lookin up at the Shinra building with his awesome blade strapped to his back...that's possibly one of my favorites because at the time I didn't know what an RPG was and bought the game solely based on the sheer greatness of the cover...I guess its safe to say that cover opened my eyes...

Plug 4
Dec 3rd, 2002, 05:51 PM
FF7 cover...really nice

Daedaelus
Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:37 PM
Metroid Prime.

Reid
Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:46 PM
Probably Metal Gear Solid (1) and both of the Grand Theft Auto PS2 games.

Cannibal Clown
Dec 4th, 2002, 05:54 PM
fagerent story, *spelling* never played the game, but want to, just by the cover. It looks really cool. the nuetral colors, and the texture and the detail, and everything else to it. It's just really mystical looking, really gets my attention.

Lone Wolf
Dec 4th, 2002, 06:18 PM
fagerent story I assume you mean Vagrant Story. >_> It's cover was pretty good, now that you mention it.

Cannibal Clown
Dec 4th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Lone Wolf

I assume you mean Vagrant Story. >_> It's cover was pretty good, now that you mention it.

Yeah that's it, thanks.