PDA

View Full Version : halo online?

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:25 AM
is halo coming online for xbox live?
btw how many players can u have in a match in unreal tourny on xbox live?

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:32 AM
you can play halo online right now! you need a pc with LAN capabilities and broadband connection (dialup is tooo slow) then you goto one of the online games servers, i cant remember the name of this server but it is a popular one, there is more details on the site, ill post the addy when i remember it.

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:39 AM
but when u do this do u play it on your pc or xbox?
and how do u get LAN capabilities

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:45 AM
im not 100% on the details, but im guessing you play it on you xbox similar to playing an LAN game with someone (which are great because he cant sneak peaks at your screen!) but the only difference is that you can do this over a WAN. Setting up an LAN requires a network card in your computer and maybe a hub, not sure, and a lead to connect them both. the xbox alread has a network card, but I wouldnt advise doing all this if it involves you having to buy a network card etc. because it would probably be faster, cheaper and more efficient if Xbox set up theyre wn network for online gaming, and ill be shocked if they dont allow halo for online gaming.

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:54 AM
what is the diffrence between ADSL AND DSL?
i just need to know
btw if it is different, can u use ADSL on xbox live?

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:56 AM
I have no idea whats the difference between DSL and ADSL.

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:59 AM
so they are basically the same?

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 08:59 AM
I don't know, you should look it up...

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:04 AM
ok thx i will

do u know how many players u can have online on unreal championship?

mark0™
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:06 AM
I dont know, but it would be the same as the maximum in an LAN version, depending on how many xboxs you can link up, so im guessing you can link them all up, so thats 16 players, the same as halo.

dan da man
Dec 1st, 2002, 09:53 AM
once u have bought xbox live for £39.99, is there a monthly subscription? or is it free?

Decifer
Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:09 AM
get one free year subscribtion when you buy XboX live... dont know how much it is after one year...:cool:

kupoartist
Dec 2nd, 2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by mark0
I have no idea whats the difference between DSL and ADSL.
the difference is in the "A" (well... not just spelling wise ^_^) the "A" stands for "Assymetric", and this roughly means that ADSL works by splitting the phone-line in two, thereby allowing you to simultaneously go on the internet, and phone using a conventional phone. I'm not entirely sure, but logically, DSL uses the full line, and therefore has a full download speed of 1MegaBit, versus ADSL's 1/2 MegaBit.

I'm not entirely sure about the Unreal Championship online deal, but as far as I know its 16 players. How many people an individual can allow on their server is dictated by their connection speed though, so you'll need to have a good Cable Connection to be able to Host a 16 player game - joining such a game is no problem though.

You may find some more info in the U:C section of www.planetunreal.com ....

dan da man
Dec 2nd, 2002, 06:17 PM
thx artist for info on dsl and adsl!

dan da man
Dec 3rd, 2002, 02:47 PM
when halo 2 comes out can u play it on xbox live?

dan da man
Dec 8th, 2002, 01:26 PM
does anyone play this game online?