PDA

View Full Version : DVD player troubles

Ruby Moon
Feb 16th, 2002, 12:23 AM
Sometimes I'm having troubles with PS2 DVD player.
Especially when I try to watch some DVDs, the image or the sound disappear for a little time and then they start working again.

I thought it was because of the DVD, then trying other DVDs it happened again.

Why?

Mercury Shadow
Feb 16th, 2002, 09:14 AM
This may not help, but sometimes when a ps2 game doesn't work, I put my ps2 vertical (stand it up) and it works...

nanjij
Feb 17th, 2002, 07:41 AM
i would just take the ps2 back, theres no point mucking about with it u may make it worst unless uve lost the resit (sp) then be careful

BowevelJoe
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:43 AM
check the back of the DVDs for dust or scratches, DVDs are much more sensetive to those types of things than regular cds..that could be your problem..

Black Waltz
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:30 AM
I was having the same problem but I didn't want to put the PS2 in vertical position because I was afraid to see it falling down :p
Then I tried and it worked perfectly :)

Soul Angel
Feb 23rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
Um doesn't the official PS2 DVD remote control have something which is suppose to cure something when playing DVD movies on your PS2 or is it just me thinking that? :p

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:49 PM
I've never had problems with my dvd audio playback even with scratched or dusty dvd's.I would have to say its either the ps2's audio or your TV's

Cannibal Clown
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:58 PM
I don't seem to understand how it helps to put it up vertically. When I had it vertically, my DVD's would make scratchy noises and skip, and horizontally, it was fine. Maybe it was just coincidential or something.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Well think of it this way.It sitting vertically and all the weight of the cd is going down and its spinning and rubbing against the bottom of the cd tray.When its horizontal the cd sits even and plays evenly

Reid
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:48 PM
Soul, I heard that when you buy the remote it comes with drivers, but supposedly they're only to fix DVD compatibility problems, not disc playback.

:p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Reid
Soul, I heard that when you buy the remote it comes with drivers, but supposedly they're only to fix DVD compatibility problems, not disc playback.

:p

Yes thats exactly what it does.But however some dvd skip on certain version of the ps2 dvd compatibility and getting the drivers get rid of that.