PDA

View Full Version : Birth of a Cash Cow : KH2 (and No FFX-3)

kupoartist
Nov 30th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Square have made a new franchise, but with the success of KH1 who can honestly be suprised? Square / Enix Stuff (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1038580099,55163,) No news about it other than its existence... but hey, that should be enough for some ^_^ [and there will be no sequel to the FFX sequel]

IcyMourdor
Nov 30th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Hmmm, a little old news. The merger is going to be great. Squaresoft and Enix have both made great games. With the pres of SS taking lead of the Enix Square company, I'm sure we can expect great things from them.

Crono
Nov 30th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Bringing together the ingeniuous minds behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (Quest in Japan) can only mean great things for RPG lovers...

goodman
Nov 30th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Crono

Bringing together the ingeniuous minds behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (Quest in Japan) can only mean great things for RPG lovers...

That would be great if true, but reprehensible if not true.

IcyMourdor
Nov 30th, 2002, 02:41 PM
We'll just have to wait and see. I remember the press conference a while back saying that they would end the FF series with XII. I doubt that'll happen now with the merger. Maybe another Chrono game.

kupoartist
Nov 30th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor I remember the press conference a while back saying that they would end the FF series with XII. I doubt that'll happen now with the merger.
hehe... the good old "we'll stop after the next one" rumor.... people have been saying that since FFVII :laugh: ... anyway, I heard the opposite: FFXIII was confirmed as being in development :shock: ... perhaps i'm deaf/blind.

Anyway... this isn't actually a thread about the Square/Enix merger :roll: , even if it does mention the fact that Dragon Warrior VIII is going to be developed by the merged company.... but perhaps the merger could mean the release of Enix titles in Europe?

Edit: and I believe there was already another Chrono Game in the making...

Vicious
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:12 PM
I'm prayin for KH2. The first one sold quite good and was a high quality RPG. If KH2 comes out, im definately gettin it.