PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best game commerical you've seen?

Daedaelus
Nov 27th, 2002, 09:57 PM
I'm not just talking about recent commericals, such as Timesplitters 2, Metroid Prime, or Need for Speed 2: Hot Puruit, but what is the best and worst commerical you have ever seen? For me the coolest one I have ever seen actually comes from Nintendo. They're gameboy color ads were always amazing. No wonder the thing sold so well. Check out this old ad. You can't deny the cool factor. I wish Nintendo would make more ads like this (with gameplay addes of course).

http://www.medi-fax.com/comm/bionic.mov

(Right click to download the movie, or just left-click if you have Apple Quicktime.)

The worst commerical I've ever seen was the "Playstation 8" commerical, not to bash Sony or anything, but what the hell kind of commerical is about pre-ordering a product that does not come out until 2049 or something?

So, again: what is the best or worst game or console commerical you've seen?

Ninja
Nov 27th, 2002, 10:46 PM
best:Final Fantasy 8

worst:tony hawk 4

Mercury Shadow
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:53 PM
I don't know about worse, but best would have to be NFL Fever 2003 with Payton Manning. So damn funny

MakgSnake
Nov 27th, 2002, 11:55 PM
The new "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance" trailor, for the Xbox. Cracks me up soooo bad everytime I see that on TV now. :laugh:

Infernal Mass
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:23 AM
i thought the contra shattered soilder commercial was good. XD

the worst is the Splinter Cell one.
It says "BEST SCORE EVER" :sarcasm: a quote from Official Xbox Magazine..not only is this the most biased source to get a quote from, the magazine itself says that now that they have played Halo extensively over the last year Halo deserves a 9.999..:sarcasm:

Besides all that the review doesn't mention who wrote it like all the rest in the magazine do..why dedicate so many pages to a review and not mention who wrote it? For all i know the people who made the game wrote it. It may as well not even be a review.. they should just put it in the instruction manual w/ the game.:laugh:

MakgSnake
Nov 28th, 2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Iguana
The worst commerical I've ever seen was the "Playstation 8" commerical, not to bash Sony or anything, but what the hell kind of commerical is about pre-ordering a product that does not come out until 2049 or something?
They have that on TV?? Noway, thats soo dumb. I mean.......thats plain stupid..... just like those people telling my friend to get that special offer to save 25 bucks on Ps3. Whats wrong with Sony on this issue.

The worst trialer has to be of..........Metal Gear Solid 1 for PsOne. Wasn't funny......didn't show any of the games cool features. I dont know what were they trying to express about the game. It was corny then funny.

Vic Viper
Nov 28th, 2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

The new "Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance" trailor, for the Xbox. Cracks me up soooo bad everytime I see that on TV now. :laugh:

yes, yes. funny stuff.:laugh:

i also like playstation's crash bandicoot commercials..

Faile
Nov 28th, 2002, 04:59 AM
the best was the Final Fantasy VII european commercial.

The Worst ? I don't know.

Spank-A-Thon
Nov 28th, 2002, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if this counts, but I really liked the XBox advert that was shown in the UK. It had things from nature playing and ended with the slogan 'Play More'.

I know it's not strictly a game adverts, but still...

As for the worst, some of the SONY 'Third Place' ads have been non-informative, rather than bad per se. I can't see how they would have encouraged PS2 sales to be honest.

Oh yeah, I used to hate one of the old FIFA game ads, especially the 'EA Sports - it's in the game' slogan.

- S

mark0™
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

I'm not sure if this counts, but I really liked the XBox advert that was shown in the UK. It had things from nature playing and ended with the slogan 'Play More'.

*humms that cool tune* that ad was cool, I cant say whats my fave as I dont watch much TV and hardly ever see game ads... so ill go with the MGS2 sons of liberty one..

Sword 4 Hire
Nov 28th, 2002, 11:58 AM
I liked The Playstation 8 commercial...

REChick14
Nov 29th, 2002, 02:30 PM
The best commercial I liked was FFX. Thats what made me want to buy the game. I just fell in love with the commercial. I think that sounded weird. The worst commercial well i dont really have a worst. Havent come acrossed one yet...